How do we compare to Pats and Falcons now

waldoputty

Reaction score
Before the draft I told myself we couldn't compete with NE or anyone in the top NFC. After the draft I told myself the same thing. But we do have a better chance now with our improved secondary and newly added DE. It's possible.

New England added Cook and Gilmore and kept their key FAs.
We missed out on the year New England was in transition.
Atlanta added Poe.

We added what?
Paea and Carroll.
The backfield was so decimated that most of the energy was spent trying to replenish it.
instead of fixing the #1 problem that allowed Rodgers to puff his victory cigar in the backfield before throwing passes.

coult44

Reaction score
The more y'all talk about the Pats the way you do, the more I remember why so many people hate Cowboys fans. The Patriots have the best dynasty in NFL history, the best QB in NFL history, and the best coach in NFL history. Do I hate them, absolutely!! But please realize how foolish some of these comments are!!

waldoputty

Reaction score
Egads man!! I can't wait to destroy the Falcons just to shut you up. They didn't take your pet cats but stand by your team for Pete's sake. Go and be a quitter somewhere else.

no it is called a disgusted fan.
always had an all or nothing approach.
be the champ or be the chump (get high draft pick)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
New England added Cook and Gilmore and kept their key FAs.
We missed out on the year New England was in transition.
Atlanta added Poe.

We added what?
Paea and Carroll.
The backfield was so decimated that most of the energy was spent trying to replenish it.
instead of fixing the #1 problem that allowed Rodgers to puff his victory cigar in the backfield before throwing passes.

You whine like a mule.

waldoputty

Reaction score
The more y'all talk about the Pats the way you do, the more I remember why so many people hate Cowboys fans. The Patriots have the best dynasty in NFL history, the best QB in NFL history, and the best coach in NFL history. Do I hate them, absolutely!! But please realize how foolish some of these comments are!!

We were not far away from the Pats until we decided to rebuild the 13-3 team instead of just adding to it.
We had plenty of money so that is no excuse.
Love it that others hate Cowboys fans.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I think we are 1 or 2 years away. Next season is much tougher and we will be in danger of missing the POs. We are just too young at this point. 10-6.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
No one compares with the Pats, they should be in their own league; As for the Falcons, I think we are right there, I was worried about the d, but I think we did a great job of overhauling the secondary, I think it comes down to Jaylon Smith, he is our wild card going in, if he can be the player we expect him to be, our d has the chance to be pretty good.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys weren't winning a Super Bowl with the defense they had last year no matter their record.

Now they are in a much better position talent wise and salary cap wise.

Rebuild was clearly the right decision. It isn't that complicated.

Agreed.

At no time last season did I think this was a SB-winning defense.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
This team has a second year quarterback and a hand full of rookies that need to make a difference on defense.

I am for seeing the bright side of life here, but think this team needs one more string draft and a little seasoning on what we have before this team can get into the NFC Championship game.

Get there and it's two wins and you're golden. Until then its wait and see.

Reminds me of what some said heading into the 1992-1993 NFL season.