How do we compare to Pats and Falcons now

waldoputty

Reaction score
Better to not overpay for those average players who left and rebuild.

Once again the Cowboys made the right moves.

great, rebuilding with a 13-3 team and waste one year of prime of the offensive skilled players.
all so a beancounter can count beans.

the cowboys made move to save a few M in cap when there are tens of millions in cap dollars available.
if they kept one of the CBs, they could easily have bought another year and devoted 2017 draft to find a war daddy.
instead, it became a CB crisis that was addressed with 3 CBs taken.
so a 2nd round rated DE was picked in the first.
and the 2nd round and 3rd round picks were used on CBs.
they could have traded up or taken multiple DEs like Willis, Rivers, and others.

If you are going to jeopardize 2017 anyway.
then lay down properly instead of pretending to compete.
pathetic.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
great, rebuilding with a 13-3 team and waste one year of prime of the offensive skilled players.
all so a beancounter can count beans.

the cowboys made move to save a few M in cap when there are tens of millions in cap dollars available.
if they kept one of the CBs, they could easily have bought another year and devoted 2017 draft to find a war daddy.
instead, it became a CB crisis that was addressed with 3 CBs taken.
so a 2nd round rated DE was picked in the first.
and the 2nd round and 3rd round picks were used on CBs.
they could have traded up or taken multiple DEs like Willis, Rivers, and others.

If you are going to jeopardize 2017 anyway.
then lay down properly instead of pretending to compete.
pathetic.

They'll compete but most likely not a sb player. They werent going to win with the defense anyway a reboot was in order.

waldoputty

Reaction score
They'll compete but most likely not a sb player. They werent going to win with the defense anyway a reboot was in order.

fine, then just lay down for the year and go 3-13.
lets send zeke, dak and jaylon for a sabbatical to argentina.
jerry can be the chaperone and they can go girl crazy down there without press scrutiny.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
fine, then just lay down for the year and go 3-13.
lets send zeke, dak and jaylon for a sabbatical to argentina.
jerry can be the chaperone and they can go girl crazy down there without press scrutiny.

Lol. I get what you mean but what do you expect using only the draft to improve? Especially when it comes to defense. Fact is this team is young. We're not in a win now window like the giants with old eli.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Lol. I get what you mean but what do you expect using only the draft to improve? Especially when it comes to defense. Fact is this team is young. We're not in a win now window like the giants with old eli.

i dont care how we do it.
the team needs 1-2 war daddies.
why waste time and energy being an almost ran.
tank for real.
jerry would use some fun in argentina.
zeke could get his fill and dak can go fishing.
viva argentina!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
i dont care how we do it.
the team needs 1-2 war daddies.
why waste time and energy being an almost ran.
tank for real.
jerry would use some fun in argentina.
zeke could get his fill and dak can go fishing.
viva argentina!

Fa is the only way unless you pick high. It's the only reason having a good season sucks if you don't win it all.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was pleased to see McKinley go. He lacks size and quickness. Charlton's ceiling is much higher. We would only play that Pats in the Super Bowl.

We are going to be very hard to run against with the size and quickness of our front 4 and our LB are instinctual and athletic. DLaw is in his contract year, Irving and Collins have a real chance to emerge and we have the making of an excellent DL rotation that goes 10 deep.

Back 7 is talented, athletic, and deep. With Jaylon, Jones, Lee, and Heath, we have excellent range and coverage ability in the middle of the field. You cannot help but love the 5 corners we have on the outside.

Doug Free started to fall off the cliff last year and his replacement should easily replace what he brought. If Green can stay healthy with his feet we have a good chance to see improvement. Bell at worst would tread water.

Zeke Elliott and Dak Prescott were MVP candidates as rookies. Players see the most improvement between their first and second seasons. DMC is back to health and provides a talented rotation with Morris.

Rico is a wildcard but he has a chance to be a contributor. Swaim should be better in his second year starting. Witten continues to play at a high level. Some level of concern with his tooth one year longer.

Dez and TWill are in their prime and headline a receiving corps that returned all of Dak's weapons helping fuel his improvement. Dez is due for a healthy season as he has not had any degenerative injuries and has stayed out of trouble. Beasley emerged as a force and the addition of Switzer should created havoc in the middle of opposing defensive backfields.

We also have a great returner that can create something out of nothing using his elite quickness that we have lacked since Harris left a few year ago.

Teaching them are a group of coaches that have a track record of recent success developing all the position groups.

The main concerns are growing pains in the secondary, a trainwreck at RT and Witten's age but we have a good chance of having a roster that has no holes and depth at almost every position to absorb injury.

I think we are competitive with any team in the league.

The new secondary guys offer some intriguing DB blitz opportunities... Awuzie had 4 sacks last season and Woods had 3. Combined with Scandrick (who's one of the better blitzing corners), the secondary could pitch in with a few more sacks this season– And give opposing offenses something else to think about.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Better question is how do the Cowboys compare vs the Packers -- the team that the Cowboys haven't advanced against in their last two playoff games.

More specifically, do we think the this year's defense will be in a better position (ie more talent) to stop Aaron Rodgers.

Well Byron Jones is still on the team...

waldoputty

Reaction score
Dallas is favored to come out of the NFC and you're advocating tanking. You've talked yourself into an unrealistic and ridiculous position. They're not tanking. Move on.

falcons game is week 9 and would provide an adequate measuring stick.
i just have an all or nothing approach.
if we cannot win it all, why bother.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
great, rebuilding with a 13-3 team
The Cowboys weren't winning a Super Bowl with the defense they had last year no matter their record.

Now they are in a much better position talent wise and salary cap wise.

Rebuild was clearly the right decision. It isn't that complicated.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Dallas is favored to come out of the NFC and you're advocating tanking. You've talked yourself into an unrealistic and ridiculous position. They're not tanking. Move on.

Wouldn't say Dallas is favored but they could be a top 5 nfc team

waldoputty

Reaction score
The Cowboys weren't winning a Super Bowl with the defense they had last year no matter their record.

Now they are in a much better position talent wise and salary cap wise.

Rebuild was clearly the right decision. It isn't that complicated.

they rebuilt a 13-3 team instead of buying the right pieces.
if the bean counter wants to save money, just lay down the rest of the way for 2017.
he could get superior cheap labor that way.
why does he just bent over and let the other teams apply the punishment.
just send dak on zeke on vacation/mystery injury from sept-jan.
just one year, short term pain for long term gain.
instead of this half *** team.
what talent - we need 1-2 more stars on the D, not a few 2nd round picks.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Before the draft I told myself we couldn't compete with NE or anyone in the top NFC. After the draft I told myself the same thing. But we do have a better chance now with our improved secondary and newly added DE. It's possible.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
falcons game is week 9 and would provide an adequate measuring stick.
i just have an all or nothing approach.
if we cannot win it all, why bother.

Egads man!! I can't wait to destroy the Falcons just to shut you up. They didn't take your pet cats but stand by your team for Pete's sake. Go and be a quitter somewhere else.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Before the draft I told myself we couldn't compete with NE or anyone in the top NFC. After the draft I told myself the same thing. But we do have a better chance now with our improved secondary and newly added DE. It's possible.

Improved secondary?