How do we compare to Pats and Falcons now

waldoputty

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the players. The ability has emerged in house to spot and develop the talent we need. Bring in good football players with the right kind of attitude. Smart. Solid. That kind of thing.

The last few drafts more or less establish that.

So player for player we seem to match up nicely with the elite teams you've mentioned.

But, its the coaches. I don't know what it is. But I simply have zero confidence in this coaching staff and its ability to win in the playoffs. Its almost like when they get into the playoffs, they just get out-coached. Make bonehead decisions. Mistakes. Get away from what we do best. You name it.

And the sad part about is they're fine in every other regard. More than fine, in fact.

I don't know. They certainly aren't going anywhere anytime soon. At least for another couple of years. So we'll see.

Maybe they'll get better?

the falcons coach messed up as badly as our coaches.
though we no longer match up as nicely against the falcons after this off season.
we still do not appear to have a war daddy so the opposing QB may still have a party in the backfield before throwing the pass.

Ball4life66

Reaction score
Atlanta has always been an up and down team. I suspect they will be mediocre.

Never really understood this because I don't believe in past statistics.

When Ryan was drafted they had 5 straight winning season including two 13 win seasons. There was some bad drafting but since Quinn has taken over he has drafted Vic Beasley, Jalen Collins, Tevin Coleman, Grady Jarrett, Keanu Neal, Deion Jones, Austin Hooper, De'Vondre Campbell. All have been starters/contributors on a team that went to the Super Bowl and add Takk McKinnely and Duke Riley and there is no reason they should not win 10+ games next year and should be good for a while.

TheHerd

Reaction score
How anyone can question what the Pats do is insane. They have a formula to win and they do it quite well

Honestly, their formula is Belichick and Brady. If we traded Dak and Redball for those 2, would you doubt we'd be favorites to win it all?

haleyrules

Reaction score
dont care about nfc east.
they are irrelevant for winning the superbowl.
It matters if they make the Cowboys a wild card team or worse. Bad performances within the division will kill the Cowboys chances when it counts. Wild card clubs with playoff games on the road in say...Green Bay or Atlanta don't fare that well. Winning the division counts.

haleyrules

Reaction score
This got my attention:

Philadelphia Eagles: A
Draft picks: Tennessee DE Derek Barnett, Washington CB Sidney Jones, West Virginia CB Rasul Douglas, Eagles WR Mack Hollins, San Diego State RB Donnel Pumphrey, West Virginia WR Shelton Gibson, Nebraska S Nate Gerry. Washington DT Elijah Qualls
There should be few boobirds in Philadelphia after the draft when it comes to the home team. Every need was checked off with no reaches, and both Barnett and Jones are ideal defensive scheme fits. They padded the re-made wideout corps for Carson Wentz, too, and found their new change-up speed back in Humphrey.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...9ers-raiders-bears/18hqayqs3zll51g21an59nw2g5

Washington Commanders: A-
Draft picks: Alabama DE Jonathan Allen, Alabama OLB Ryan Anderson, UCLA CB Fabian Moreau, Oklahoma RB Samaje Perine, Michigan State S Montae Nicholson, Arkansas TE Jeremy Sprinkle, Wyoming C/G Chase Roullier, Georgia State WR Robert Davis, Louisville S Josh Harvey-Clemons, Auburn DB Joshua Holsey
The Commanders thought defense first with their 10 picks and rolled with two front-seven steals from the Crimson Tide. Likewise, Moreau and Nicholson both are ideal fits for the secondary. Perine landed in a great spot to see a key role in their offense. Sprinkle is a good in-line backup. The only knock comes from no late QB project.

New York Giants: A-
Draft picks: Ole Miss TE Evan Engram, Alabama DT Dalvin Thompson, Cal QB Davis Webb, Clemson RB Wayne Gallman, Youngstown State DE Avery Moss, Pittsburgh T Adam Bisnowaty
Jerry Reese has done it again. Offensively, New York got a little more support for Eli Manning with both Engram and Gallman, but also got a potential No. 1 QB to groom behind him in Webb. Defensively, Moss and Thompson are their typical brand of 4-3 linemen. Bisnowaty has left tackle upside. The only thing missing is some needed youthful speed and quickness at linebacker.
Yep. There are dangerous seas ahead. Other clubs got better too.

waldoputty

Reaction score
It matters if they make the Cowboys a wild card team or worse. Bad performances within the division will kill the Cowboys chances when it counts. Wild card clubs with playoff games on the road in say...Green Bay or Atlanta don't fare that well. Winning the division counts.

if we need to worry about wildcard etc, then we are not good enough to win it all.
i rather go 4-12 than 10-6 to get the daddy.

haleyrules

Reaction score
if we need to worry about wildcard etc, then we are not good enough to win it all.
The Cowboys have plenty to worry about within the division. Wildcard is a probability. Yes, a bad start or a step back this season could really benefit the Club long term....

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Not getting that "daddy" at 4-12.....would have to go 1-15 or 2-14 at best. Unless there are a couple stud QB's out there.

waldoputty

Reaction score
The Cowboys have plenty to worry about within the division. Wildcard is a probability. Yes, a bad start or a step back this season could really benefit the Club long term....

right, my attitude is ignore everyone else except the best.
if the 2nd tier teams beat you, then you are wasting our time and should tank away.

haleyrules

Reaction score
The NFC East has been the best division for about the past four seasons...and just got better.
Much better and much tougher. It will be an exciting season. I am really looking forward to how this young offense responds!!