How do we feel about La'el Collins?

BigD5

Reaction score
Oh I agree. But if I'm Jerry or Stephen I'd have somebody finding out everything possible about this case between last night and today

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Oh I agree. But if I'm Jerry or Stephen I'd have somebody finding out everything possible about this case between last night and today

I agree, if I'm the cowboys, I'd ask him if he's willing to take a polygraph and see what he'd do...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was a lock for the first round, he isn't (allegedly) a suspect and he'd be the heir apparent to Free. And for what its worth his former coordinator is publicly supporting him saying "he was perfect for us."

The draft isn't about filling needs (you do that in free agency); it's about acquiring the best talent with the right kind of guys.

Offensive line, obviously, isn't an area of need but would you guys remove him from your boards? If not where would you take him?

Myself i'd go d-line or secondary in the 2nd and would be tempted to grab him in the 3rd if he was still languishing around.

They said on the radio that Free it not able to practice as of today due to the Jan surgery.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I guess we just toss RKG right out the window. How about if he buys off or kills the witnesses, we can claim he was found not guilty and that he is a swell guy.

When does Hernandez parole?

After all these years with Garrett as our coach and you still don't understand what RKG means. That's embarrassing.

adamknite

Reaction score
Are ninjas ever really innocent...I mean even if they are avenging a death when they go out to assassinate someone else...they are still assassinating someone.

Things that make you go....Hmmmm

Way to go guys... we got BP stuck on this "ninja" idea...

Plankton

Reaction score
I agree, if I'm the cowboys, I'd ask him if he's willing to take a polygraph and see what he'd do...

Polygraphs are not reliable, especially on a sociopath who orchestrated a murder, if that's indeed what happened with Collins.

If the Cowboys have good law enforcement contacts in the area, they should be leveraging the hell out of them.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Polygraphs are not reliable, especially on a sociopath who orchestrated a murder, if that's indeed what happened with Collins.

If the Cowboys have good law enforcement contacts in the area, they should be leveraging the hell out of them.

this isn't court, they are pretty reliable and polygraphs are an investigative tool and there's no information suggesting he's a sociopath.....yet there is information that he hasn't had contact with the victim since September and like I said, ask him to take one and see what he'd say...it would be a two question session.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Honestly I feel sorry for the kid. That, of course, is if he is innocent. The NFL should have made an exception and allowed him to move to the Supplemental draft.

If through no fault of his own he is a person of interest, and he is innocent, this is a shame.

Plankton

Reaction score
Honestly I feel sorry for the kid. That, of course, is if he is innocent. The NFL should have made an exception and allowed him to move to the Supplemental draft.

If through no fault of his own he is a person of interest, and he is innocent, this is a shame.

Absolutely. He would be losing millions that he will never recoup.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That makes three people - never knew that the evil Plankton had fans. After the draft, I'll revert back.

Don't do it for us. You know how it is. Ppl associate avi's with specific users. That's all. I like the guy in your avi. I forget his name, but I like him.

erod

Reaction score
I haven't read any reports saying it was his baby

Or any reports that said it wasn't.

I'm just addressing what teams are thinking. They aren't going to risk a high pick on a "person of interest".

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Or any reports that said it wasn't.

I'm just addressing what teams are thinking. They aren't going to risk a high pick on a "person of interest".

I personally feel like a 5th would be what I'm willing to deal. Rather not go any higher

We have no idea what happen but if he is innocent then getting him in round 5 would be so well worth it

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Sorry. I'll pass on this guy. Normal behavior would be to make a bee line to the police and tell everything you know, like several days ago. Why is he exhibiting abnormal behavior given the sense of urgency? There is absolutely no rational reason to wait until AFTER the draft to talk to the police. Unless he has something to hide.

I expect him to be an undrafted FA after Saturday. Like it or not, innocent until proven guilty does not fly in the court of public opinion. We don't need a media circus camped out at camp dragging La'el Collins through the mud, and by association, the Cowboys.

One has to err on the side of caution in this instance.