CFZ How do we feel?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Everybody, including me was bummed out when the big dog went down. The FO responded by getting a gamble. He is 40 but played at a very good level last year for 15 games. More games than perhaps Tyron would have played.

Have not heard specifics on the contract yet. But hoping it’s cheap for 2 years. And also hope (this sounds strange but) that it’s not Tyrons last year. I would like for him to restructure his contract realizing he is older and perhaps take a pay cut on his own and stay with the team. When healthy he is top in the league. If we can use both Tyron and Peters through out the year and Tyler gets to learn and get good at LT and LG then it helps.

I know it’s alot to ask for. If Tyler can play LT and we get Peters eased in we will have a solid left side. Run run run the ball. Now if we made the playoffs and have Tyron and Tyler and Peters then oh snap. Peters can play most positions. Sounds like center maybe our weak spot. Unless he has improved.

What do y’all think. All haters welcome. Lol. Well your gonna post anyways..

Havic

Reaction score
I would be shocked if this was a 2 year deal. As far as contract goes, I'd say 1 year 2 mil + 1.5 mil in potential incentives. Tyron is already on a pretty reasonable team friendly contract so wouldnt expect a restructure there. Peters wont be ready by week 1 or 2 imo, so really nervous about is playing LT.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I would be shocked if this was a 2 year deal. As far as contract goes, I'd say 1 year 2 mil + 1.5 mil in potential incentives. Tyron is already on a pretty reasonable team friendly contract so wouldnt expect a restructure there. Peters wont be ready by week 1 or 2 imo, so really nervous about is playing LT.
I am nervous also. Looks like Tyler being thrown into trial by fire on game one. BUT… They have plenty of closed practices we don’t see so they may know he is good to go. And was using preseason as a chance for others. And he also had the ankle injury. That’s nerve racking.

Xeven

Reaction score
I feel like we did not invest enough in the trenches on both sides of the ball as always. Cowboys won SB’s when we have best OL and DL. Simple as that. Has always been simple as the trenches but Jerry thinks you win with best QB , RB and WR. The line makes those guys stars not the other way around.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm not too good. My knees are full of arthritis and hips are hurting due to using them to support my legs. The team, it's the same as usual. We will see when we see.
We will be ok. I worry about the WR corps. 1 proven WR. Will he force the ball. They will stack the line..

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Sign a 40 year-old tackle to a two year deal? No. This is a stop gap to let Tyler Smith get some experience, then spend more high picks on the offensive line next year.
As you said we are still weak at center. Again, I think we draft offensive line next year. And I hope all of this doesn't get Dak killed.
I think that Zeke has lost a step, and we're weaker at wide receiver until Gallup gets back.

But how do I feel? Fine. It's a nice day. Sure could use some rain. Using the day off to get caught up on projects.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Everybody, including me was bummed out when the big dog went down. The FO responded by getting a gamble. He is 40 but played at a very good level last year for 15 games. More games than perhaps Tyron would have played.

Have not heard specifics on the contract yet. But hoping it’s cheap for 2 years. And also hope (this sounds strange but) that it’s not Tyrons last year. I would like for him to restructure his contract realizing he is older and perhaps take a pay cut on his own and stay with the team. When healthy he is top in the league. If we can use both Tyron and Peters through out the year and Tyler gets to learn and get good at LT and LG then it helps.

I know it’s alot to ask for. If Tyler can play LT and we get Peters eased in we will have a solid left side. Run run run the ball. Now if we made the playoffs and have Tyron and Tyler and Peters then oh snap. Peters can play most positions. Sounds like center maybe our weak spot. Unless he has improved.

What do y’all think. All haters welcome. Lol. Well your gonna post anyways..
I'm sure you'd get haters, but nothing you've said is remotely controversial.

John813

Reaction score
IMO it'll be an one year deal. No need to commit past 1 year and it's not like we need to do void years to spread the cap.

Honestly, I'm a bit unsure still, as it'll be unlikely if he's ready and that left side is quite raw. Moore definitely will have his work cut out for him preparing for Smith being the LT for at least one week and trying to prevent him from blocking for too long passing wise.