CFZ How do we feel?

shabazz

Reaction score
Love the fact that the toughest part of the schedule is in front. We’ll know plenty after week 5.

Feel guardedly optimistic just like every other year.

At the end of the day, no matter if they win or lose I’m still going to be thick.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Man, this needs to stop. You guys putting a lable on critical fans who just don't swallow anything presented by the FO or the team. Why are you trying to divide the fanbase? Everyone's entitled to their opinion and homerism is just another one. Let's keep it with Dirty Harry, shall we? "Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one"

So with that being said, how do I feel? The signing of Peters has done nothing to change my feeling. I'm completely relaxed and just waiting for the game against Tampa.

Because then, and only then answers will be given.
I was referring to the hater/trolls that ARE NOT COWBOY FANS.. And they know who they are. Come around here becoae
If he can play LT this year, it's not out of the question that he could play RT next year, so two years wouldn't be out of the question, imo.
And maybe not full time. We will continue to draft O-Line players that can start..

glimmerman

Reaction score
How I feel doesn't matter but I'll tell you what I think. I think this team is ready to shock the world with a 2-0 start. :thumbup:
Bro. I have a feeling this Defense will be off the chain. If Quinn will come after the qb and not just spy then we will smoke some teams. Dak may need the 3 and outs our Defense gives us to get extra reps getting in tune with these new WR. And our ST should be improved..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Love the fact that the toughest part of the schedule is in front. We’ll know plenty after week 5.

Feel guardedly optimistic just like every other year.

At the end of the day, no matter if they win or lose I’m still going to be thick.
Lol. We will see what we are made of early.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Peters signed a 1-year deal and will start on the PS which means he is looking at week 2 or 3 before hitting the field for Dallas. This was a 'need' signing due to the Smith injury but while Peters, based on his past, is an improvement over starting rookie Smith at LT, this signing does not fix the OL to the level where it isn't a constant concern throughout the season. Relying on a 40-year old at LT to somehow elevate the entire OL is a dangerous thing and while we all hope this works out, not enough was done to reinforce the OL for the season which impacts not only the passing game and running game but also potentially Dak's health.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Bro. I have a feeling this Defense will be off the chain. If Quinn will come after the qb and not just spy then we will smoke some teams. Dak may need the 3 and outs our Defense gives us to get extra reps getting in tune with these new WR. And our ST should be improved..
I have those same thoughts, my brother. I'm afraid TB12 will get a forced retirement.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Peters signed a 1-year deal and will start on the PS which means he is looking at week 2 or 3 before hitting the field for Dallas. This was a 'need' signing due to the Smith injury but while Peters, based on his past, is an improvement over starting rookie Smith at LT, this signing does not fix the OL to the level where it isn't a constant concern throughout the season. Relying on a 40-year old at LT to somehow elevate the entire OL is a dangerous thing and while we all hope this works out, not enough was done to reinforce the OL for the season which impacts not only the passing game and running game but also potentially Dak's health.
I agree. The Peters signing could have happened long ago to be honest. We know Tyron don’t make it through the season. Had another injury or 2 to rookie draft picks that could have been starters also. Tyler has a ankle problem and another has shoulder issue.. We will see..

glimmerman

Reaction score
I have those same thoughts, my brother. I'm afraid TB12 will get a forced retirement.
If we bring the heat he may not make it through the first half. Bro what I saw during the preseason was 2 flags we made a hit on the QB that was legal. Totally legal and they are flagging it. I do see some of these legal hits extending a few series for the other team. But we will be in qbs heads all year. They know what’s coming and they will make bad throws..

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I agree. The Peters signing could have happened long ago to be honest. We know Tyron don’t make it through the season. Had another injury or 2 to rookie draft picks that could have been starters also. Tyler has a ankle problem and another has shoulder issue.. We will see..

Agreed. If we step back and look at the OL, you have a 40-year old LT, a rookie LG (assuming Smith shifts to LG when Peters is ready), a C that everyone last year said should be replaced, a HoF RG, and a RT that had a good stretch last season making Collins expendable but isn't top shelf.

Behind that there is a lot of unknowns and potential turn styles, which of course every team goes through but lately seems to be plaguing Dallas and was the direct cause of Dak going down in 2020.

When Dallas invests so much in Dak's financial future, you make the equal investment to protect him. That is why we buy home and life insurance to protect ourselves whereas Jerry & Co. seem to have decided to invest in basic liability insurance only.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel about the same as I have the last decade plus. I have hope that this team can develop into something that can make the playoffs and win some playoff games. . But since 2008, I have adopted this philosophy- “I will believe it WHEN it happens.”

I will be thrilled if this team accomplishes anything. But am I expecting it based on what my objective side tells me? No. This FO has a long track record of being better at selling their team than building it. Jerry is the best salesman in pro sports. But great sales pitches don’t win football games. Great organizations do.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I feel pretty foolish ever doubting this front office.

200w.gif

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel about the same as I have the last decade plus. I have hope that this team can develop into something that can make the playoffs and win some playoff games. . But since 2008, I have adopted this philosophy- “I will believe it WHEN it happens.”

I will be thrilled if this team accomplishes anything. But am I expecting it based on what my objective side tells me? No. This FO has a long track record of being better at selling their team than building it. Jerry is the best salesman in pro sports. But great sales pitches don’t win football games. Great organizations do.
Truth, everything you say. But it also takes team chemistry and a little magic. And, this magic sometimes takes half the season to develop. Here's to a magical season

glimmerman

Reaction score

Unfortunately your are correct. Especially about the FO..