CFZ How do we feel?

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Every off season the FO always, every one of 26 seasons, fails to address two or more positional groups, sometimes for more than a decade (ie, safety and interior DL), almost like it’s a challenge. This year it’s multiple positions on the OL. They used their first pick on a penalty machine who kept proving himself in the preseason, had multiple opportunities to sign solid vets and didn’t.

If they fielded a perennial playoff team they’d be making way more money, so I just don’t get it. This signing doesn’t hurt, but it’s a move that was needed months ago, reactionary. I hope I’m wrong.

glimmerman

Reaction score
As much as I'm pleased the FO have done something about an obvious issue, it is also hard to get too pumped over signing a 40 year old stop gap.
Understood. But if healthy he could be better than a stop gap. Maybe.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm pumped and feel the season is starting on a high note. I'm expecting a great season
I am expecting better than what we had when we heard Tyron went down. Left us all feeling down. For me not like the season was over. But season was a lot tougher..

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OIP.oUt7yWCSch5tIfv2DK-dDgAAAA
I feel like this is JJ and I'm the guy you cant see in the picture.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If he can play LT this year, it's not out of the question that he could play RT next year, so two years wouldn't be out of the question, imo.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Everybody, including me was bummed out when the big dog went down. The FO responded by getting a gamble. He is 40 but played at a very good level last year for 15 games. More games than perhaps Tyron would have played.

Have not heard specifics on the contract yet. But hoping it’s cheap for 2 years. And also hope (this sounds strange but) that it’s not Tyrons last year. I would like for him to restructure his contract realizing he is older and perhaps take a pay cut on his own and stay with the team. When healthy he is top in the league. If we can use both Tyron and Peters through out the year and Tyler gets to learn and get good at LT and LG then it helps.

I know it’s alot to ask for. If Tyler can play LT and we get Peters eased in we will have a solid left side. Run run run the ball. Now if we made the playoffs and have Tyron and Tyler and Peters then oh snap. Peters can play most positions. Sounds like center maybe our weak spot. Unless he has improved.

What do y’all think. All haters welcome. Lol. Well your gonna post anyways..
Better than yesterday but not exactly confident.

We still need a swing tackle. RT is questionable even with Steele. WR is a mess. Perhaps until Gallup comes back. DE is question mark given we are trying to solve it by throwing people at the problem. CB has to get it together even Diggs who gave up over a 1000 yards last year. That's too many big plays keeping drives alive for opponents. I am not 100% on safety although they are seemingly better than previous years. And there is only one QB on active roster.

Yeah, I think we come in second in the division.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Then give the man a "like"!

I would of given him a like, unfortunately, he spoilt it by trying to troll. After all this is a forum, some fans may have (valid!) concerns over a 40 O-Line, those people aren't haters, just don't agree with the post.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Yep everyone can exhale now. A 40yo is here to solve this teams issues on the Oline
Outstanding:rolleyes:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sign a 40 year-old tackle to a two year deal? No. This is a stop gap to let Tyler Smith get some experience, then spend more high picks on the offensive line next year.
As you said we are still weak at center. Again, I think we draft offensive line next year. And I hope all of this doesn't get Dak killed.
I think that Zeke has lost a step, and we're weaker at wide receiver until Gallup gets back.

But how do I feel? Fine. It's a nice day. Sure could use some rain. Using the day off to get caught up on projects.
Gonna rain here later. He will be depended on more than just a stop gap. There are players in this league that are elite and can play at a high level for longer periods of time. O-Line players are some of them that don’t get to there prime until later. Now 40 is not prime. lol. But he will be useful. Hopefully we know that Tyler can play LT and Peters maybe plays LG and can be a improvement over McGovern. Or Peters takes LT and Tyler at LG and he gets to learn.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I would of given him a like, unfortunately, he spoilt it by trying to troll. After all this is a forum, some fans may have (valid!) concerns over a 40 O-Line, those people aren't haters, just don't agree with the post.
Please don’t say I am trolling. I just know what ever you post here will be met with trolls that aren’t even Cowboys fans. They just like to stir the pot and see what they have created. I of course understand the concern of a 40 year old LT coming in. He is not going to save the season. Or maybe he could help save it. Played very well for 15 games. Help out at a good level and let’s get rolling. Our Defense can carry us but if he can help carry some of the load on the Offense then we are rocking through some of these games.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I feel exactly the same as I did if Smith was fully healthy.

A LT is not the difference in us being a contender or not.

We've had all at the same time a 1st team All-Pro Guard, a 1st team All-Pro Center, a First Team All-Pro Tackle, and a 1st team All-Pro RB who won the rushing title by over 300 yards and we didn't win a playoff game.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Gonna rain here later. He will be depended on more than just a stop gap. There are players in this league that are elite and can play at a high level for longer periods of time. O-Line players are some of them that don’t get to there prime until later. Now 40 is not prime. lol. But he will be useful. Hopefully we know that Tyler can play LT and Peters maybe plays LG and can be a improvement over McGovern. Or Peters takes LT and Tyler at LG and he gets to learn.

It's such unusual weather. Parts of the country and world are experiencing catastrophic floods and we are literally drying up in Northern Missouri.

I devoutly hope that he has a little gas left in the tank, and while I wish the Jones boys had done something months ago, he's probably the best we can do right now. Again, I sure hope so. I just don't want to give the guy a two year contract based on hope at 40. We can always sign him for another year next offseason if he's not just operating on fumes.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Every off season the FO always, every one of 26 seasons, fails to address two or more positional groups, sometimes for more than a decade (ie, safety and interior DL), almost like it’s a challenge. This year it’s multiple positions on the OL. They used their first pick on a penalty machine who kept proving himself in the preseason, had multiple opportunities to sign solid vets and didn’t.

If they fielded a perennial playoff team they’d be making way more money, so I just don’t get it. This signing doesn’t hurt, but it’s a move that was needed months ago, reactionary. I hope I’m wrong.
Agreed. JJ loves the money his team brings him but if he could imagine how much more he would bring in if he was hoisting the trophy then maybe he would try harder..

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
What do y’all think. All haters welcome. Lol. Well your gonna post anyways..
Man, this needs to stop. You guys putting a lable on critical fans who just don't swallow anything presented by the FO or the team. Why are you trying to divide the fanbase? Everyone's entitled to their opinion and homerism is just another one. Let's keep it with Dirty Harry, shall we? "Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one"

So with that being said, how do I feel? The signing of Peters has done nothing to change my feeling. I'm completely relaxed and just waiting for the game against Tampa.

Because then, and only then answers will be given.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I feel exactly the same as I did if Smith was fully healthy.

A LT is not the difference in us being a contender or not.

We've had all at the same time a 1st team All-Pro Guard, a 1st team All-Pro Center, a First Team All-Pro Tackle, and a 1st team All-Pro RB who won the rushing title by over 300 yards and we didn't win a playoff game.
Agreed.. I am more pumped about having the improved Defense and perhaps ST.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Man, this needs to stop. You guys putting a lable on critical fans who just don't swallow anything presented by the FO or the team. Why are you trying to divide the fanbase? Everyone's entitled to their opinion and homerism is just another one. Let's keep it with Dirty Harry, shall we? "Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one

So with that being said, how do I feel? The signing of Peters has done nothing to change my feeling. I'm completely relaxed and just waiting for the game against Tampa.

Because then, and only then answers will be given.
I was referring to the hater/trolls that ARE NOT COWBOY FANS.. And they know who they are. Come around here because there boards are boring and stir the crap and have fun. If you are not one of them then I was not referring to you.