CFZ How do we feel?

plymkr

Reaction score
Everybody, including me was bummed out when the big dog went down. The FO responded by getting a gamble. He is 40 but played at a very good level last year for 15 games. More games than perhaps Tyron would have played.

Have not heard specifics on the contract yet. But hoping it’s cheap for 2 years. And also hope (this sounds strange but) that it’s not Tyrons last year. I would like for him to restructure his contract realizing he is older and perhaps take a pay cut on his own and stay with the team. When healthy he is top in the league. If we can use both Tyron and Peters through out the year and Tyler gets to learn and get good at LT and LG then it helps.

I know it’s alot to ask for. If Tyler can play LT and we get Peters eased in we will have a solid left side. Run run run the ball. Now if we made the playoffs and have Tyron and Tyler and Peters then oh snap. Peters can play most positions. Sounds like center maybe our weak spot. Unless he has improved.

What do y’all think. All haters welcome. Lol. Well your gonna post anyways..
I feel good knowing Josh Ball won't hit the field this season. I'm also excited Walz will get another year to develop. Hopefully this is an insurance policy we don't need and Tyler, McGovern, BDZ, Martin and Steele are healthy and productive all season. I'd rather have Peters and not need him then need him and not have him.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
People keep referring to last year and how well JP played. That was last year. At 40yo nobody can predict what you’ll get out of the guy this year. Is he worth a shot...sure but only because options are so limited...

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Everybody, including me was bummed out when the big dog went down. The FO responded by getting a gamble. He is 40 but played at a very good level last year for 15 games. More games than perhaps Tyron would have played.

Have not heard specifics on the contract yet. But hoping it’s cheap for 2 years. And also hope (this sounds strange but) that it’s not Tyrons last year. I would like for him to restructure his contract realizing he is older and perhaps take a pay cut on his own and stay with the team. When healthy he is top in the league. If we can use both Tyron and Peters through out the year and Tyler gets to learn and get good at LT and LG then it helps.

I know it’s alot to ask for. If Tyler can play LT and we get Peters eased in we will have a solid left side. Run run run the ball. Now if we made the playoffs and have Tyron and Tyler and Peters then oh snap. Peters can play most positions. Sounds like center maybe our weak spot. Unless he has improved.

It moved the needle for me. I like he and he’s a good locker room guy you can see

ICP

Reaction score
Go responds to most need by gambling, that's why things are the way they are.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Think it a great low risk move.
We still need another swing tackle, but we don't always get what we want for Christmas.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm feeling far better about the signing of Jason Peters than I would have without him. I say so without a hint of sarcasm. With JP coming into a role at LT, we have a far better shot at success than we might have had without him. The FO tried hard to make up for a lackluster offseason. Let's play ball, now!

P.S. I think this defense is ready to do some very good things! Be glad for that and enjoy what lies ahead. :)

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
..just like last year, with a touch of Tabasco sauce to spice it up. ;).. Will be good year for Dallas fans.