How Do We Get Arch Manning?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It pretty much looks like the answer is going to be “by having the #1 overall pick in whichever draft he’s available in”.

He’s one of those kids that just always kinda seem destined to be the #1 pick, and his play is showing us all why.

McMicah

Reaction score
Come on, man. There are reasons to be critical of Dak, but you don't have to make stuff up. Of course he has had way more than 4 deep ball dimes in his whole career.
I’m not making stuff up. I’m gonna go back and watch highlights, but I honestly cannot remember more than a few deep dimes in his career. Dak hasn’t thrown any deep ball dimes this year. Let me be clear about what that means before you pretend like his pass to CD in this last game was a dime.

A deep ball dime is hitting a receiver in stride without taking him off his running line or making him dive, leap, or change his pace substantially. Dak makes plenty of throws deep, but they are back shoulder throws or pull the receiver off his line. Most of his deep throws require receivers to stop and come back or sail over their head

For instance, his pass to CD pulled CD to the right and slowed him, which incidentally squeaked him away from the safety and corner. I guarantee Dak didn’t intend to do that. He’s just not that accurate, even on throws to the flat. This is my number one issue with him. A lot of his success if improvisation by his pass catchers.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I’m not making stuff up. I’m gonna go back and watch highlights, but I honestly cannot remember more than a few deep dimes in his career. Dak hasn’t thrown any deep ball dimes this year. Let me be clear about what that means before you pretend like his pass to CD in this last game was a dime.

A deep ball dime is hitting a receiver in stride without taking him off his running line or making him dive, leap, or change his pace substantially. Dak makes plenty of throws deep, but they are back shoulder throws or pull the receiver off his line. Most of his deep throws require receivers to stop and come back or sail over their head

For instance, his pass to CD pulled CD to the right and slowed him, which incidentally squeaked him away from the safety and corner. I guarantee Dak didn’t intend to do that. He’s just not that accurate, even on throws to the flat. This is my number one issue with him. A lot of his success if improvisation by his pass catchers.
noobody does that with any regularity
not elway or favre or any of the cannon arms
its simply too hard to do

for one the WR has to be maintaining his pace and not slow down

the QB has to accurately gauge the distance and put it there

and neither of them can be bothered while all of this is going on

so to be blunt that is not a big deal for me

McMicah

Reaction score
noobody does that with any regularity
not elway or favre or any of the cannon arms
its simply too hard to do

for one the WR has to be maintaining his pace and not slow down

the QB has to accurately gauge the distance and put it there

and neither of them can be bothered while all of this is going on

so to be blunt that is not a big deal for me
And yet I’ve already seen the UT QB do it like 8x this year. The thread title is not ‘here’s why I don’t like Dak’, it’s ’How Can we get Archie Manning’. Just because I’m excited about another qb doesn’t mean I think Dak is awful. But I do think Dak is quietly a bottom 15 qb when it comes to accuracy, although he does many things well

gtb1943

Reaction score
And yet I’ve already seen the UT QB do it like 8x this year. The thread title is not ‘here’s why I don’t like Dak’, it’s ’How Can we get Archie Manning’. Just because I’m excited about another qb doesn’t mean I think Dak is awful. But I do think Dak is quietly a bottom 15 qb when it comes to accuracy, although he does many things well
Oh I can see it happening in college football
show me it happening in the pros
you will find very few examples