How do we get that Patriots level execution?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Problem is old jerrah will not hire a JJ or Tuna. Those type of coaches keeps him off camera and he does not like that. No other owner does what he does and those types of coaches he does not like.

The things you are saying Mr. Jones won't do, he already did so it would seem your comment is flawed from its inception. Why would you expect him to hire someone he does not like? That kind of demand seems unreasonable on your behave. Jerry is looking for reasons to keep Garrett, which tells me he is weighing the possibility of letting Garrett go. That should be good news for you. You should be encouraged by that and be happy with the team's success as well. They are in first place in their division and now have time now to heal. If Mr. Jones decides to keep Garrett it will be because good things are happening to the Cowboys, not because of anything you said. That's just silly. lol

basel90

Reaction score
Pats game vs Jets made the Dallas loss to the jets more paintful and highlighted the fact Dallas has a coaching problem that is a cancer on the team's hope to win a super bowl. let us not get drunken by the win over the Eagles . Jason is still the coach and , yes Jerry cannot save him with all the money and dealing wheeling .

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you find another Belichick? I don't know it's possible.

In many ways I think most people take Belichick for granted because we are living in his era. Sorta like being a college basketball fan during the John Wooden era.

As good as we realize he is today, we are going to look back 20 years from now and acknowledge how utterly amazing he (and Brady) have been.

No Belichick type would ever consider working for the Jones clan.
Only "Yes" men need to apply......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Even when Patriots lose, 95% of the players look sharp and masters of their position. They execute almost perfectly play after play. Every player seems to know the technique to use for each situation and mistakes are rare.

What are they doing that could help Dallas improve? It is not all Brady though having a vet in the pocket certainly helps.

Garret going on 10 years, is he really not preparing for every team and not adjusting during the game or what?
you get bilicheck, pay him 50 mill a year, give up 3 first round picks to the patriot...and then you sign Brady for one year 50 mill...then you get that level of execution....simple really

nobody

Reaction score
Anybody notice last night the loophole that allowed Belichick to run 2.5 minutes off the clock by continuously taking delay of game penalties (and the Jets kept declining them)?

Belichick admitted during his press conference that its something the NFL is going to need to fix....

Wait, the Cheatriots doing shady things, even if technically legal, to win? Color me shocked.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I don't even want Patriots level execution. I mean, obviously I would, but every team in the league is playing catch up with them. They have the greatest coach ever. They have probably the best QB ever. No other team has even close of that tandem.

But you don't need them to have some success. Pete Carroll, Tomlin, Pederson, McCarthy, Harbaugh, Kubiak all won a Super Bowl(s). Heck even the guy about to get fired in Atlanta should have won a Super Bowl with Matt Ryan.

nobody

Reaction score
Lol they just know the rules better than most teams and people hate them for it

They've also broken those rules to win on multiple occasions. So they've already proven they'll do anything to win, ethical or not. That's why people hate them. It has nothing to do with them knowing the rules better.

jwitten82

Reaction score
They've also broken those rules to win on multiple occasions. So they've already proven they'll do anything to win, ethical or not. That's why people hate them. It has nothing to do with them knowing the rules better.
Lol I wish Dallas broke the rules. Tired of one and done. Screw ethics, its a damn game

kumizi

Reaction score
The delay of game thing last night was MFING GLORIOUS.

Only way you can get that kind of coaching is to hire one of the top 5-7 minds in the game AND give him complete power; zero having to answer to Jerry. We all know that will never happen in Dallas. Here we gotta "look for excuses to keep our coach" for stopping a three game losing streak.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is this jealousy or envy? They are not the same thing. Envy is a reaction to lacking something that someone else possesses. Jealousy is a reaction to the fear or threat of losing something. It sounds like envy to me. If you want what they have then you have to go take it from them. They are on our schedule so go beat them. Send them a message we are coming for what they have. And then back up that message by beating them in the Super Bowl.

75boyz

Reaction score
Step 1 Get a real HC and GM that can work together. Same contract term for both,
If one goes, they both go.

Step 2 Get rid of the "open door policy" to the GM or owners office, players can't go
above the HC unless they are in active contract negotiations or want to be traded.
Then they talk to the GM

Step 3 The owner comes into the locker room or on the field after a Super Bowl win.

Step 4 The HC hires and fires all coaching staff.

Step 5 The HC is responsible and held accountable for the results on the field.

Step 6 NONE of the above will ever happen in Dallas.

This is how 30 of 32 owners handle their business.
The Cowboy Jones and Bengal Brown family are the lone exceptions.

This is called effective management with accountability.

This should also be required reading for the small minority of pro owner/coach Zoners that disagrees with any of the above.

At the bare minimum. This should be stickied and put in bold or caps as a disclaimer to be signed so it's understood that Zoners should at least understand the basics before discussing their self perceived expertise of Xs and Os.

Good, no great post bro.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The things you are saying Mr. Jones won't do, he already did so it would seem your comment is flawed from its inception. Why would you expect him to hire someone he does not like? That kind of demand seems unreasonable on your behave. Jerry is looking for reasons to keep Garrett, which tells me he is weighing the possibility of letting Garrett go. That should be good news for you. You should be encouraged by that and be happy with the team's success as well. They are in first place in their division and now have time now to heal. If Mr. Jones decides to keep Garrett it will be because good things are happening to the Cowboys, not because of anything you said. That's just silly. lol

Man please flawed h---, HE WILL NOT DO IT AGAIN. Who said someone he didnt like what the h--- you spouting off about. I said he would not hire those kinds of coaches again. Could care less if done before, those are the kind of coaches needed here.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Even when Patriots lose, 95% of the players look sharp and masters of their position. They execute almost perfectly play after play. Every player seems to know the technique to use for each situation and mistakes are rare.

What are they doing that could help Dallas improve? It is not all Brady though having a vet in the pocket certainly helps.

Garret going on 10 years, is he really not preparing for every team and not adjusting during the game or what?

One word "COACHING"

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yes, but then players see that as a win, cause they get to make playoffs, every year, and most likely play in a super bowl yearly... hell I'd take a cut in salary, with all the extra dollars they all get for post season and SB games for a few of those rings!
Never gonna happen here... just soak up the misery and mediocre life style, but hey there's always jerry world and top of the line super duper cash cow merchandizing shops!!!!
goofy take... dallas marketing is more valuable than a playoff share. for equal money dal is a very good choice and yes players know this.
most players wont take less and those that do know pats provide a good option but dal isnt hurting for players in free agency.
dal isnt hurting at all... they just arent the pats and as long as there is at least one outlier to chase fans will cry and pretend this is the browns.

nothing makes jerry more money than winning. he knows that and strives for it.
but yes he is going to make money anyway. it just a matter of how much.

the org is extremely well run.
but again it is not the pats.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
All we need is the greatest coach of all time. Simple.

Not a hard question to answer here.