How do we get that Patriots level execution?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's pretty clear, look at the one consistent thing they have had over the years to go along with Brady the GOAT. We don't have that, ain't even close. Sam Darnold made our defense look high schoolish and yet he looked like a high schooler against the Pats D.
30 other teams don't have that either, so it's not unique to the Cowboys. As for the Jets game, yes, it was bad, but it was not an organization defining game anymore than the Cowboys beating up on the Eagles Sunday was an organization defining game. There truly is a reason you play the games instead of just declaring the favored team the winner. Things don't always go as expected.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Wait, the Cheatriots doing shady things, even if technically legal, to win? Color me shocked.
Did you read the article that guy linked? For one he got the penalties wrong and more than doubled the time taken off the clock. I wish our coach knew the rules enough to exploit them but we have a Princeton *******.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Even when Patriots lose, 95% of the players look sharp and masters of their position. They execute almost perfectly play after play. Every player seems to know the technique to use for each situation and mistakes are rare.

What are they doing that could help Dallas improve? It is not all Brady though having a vet in the pocket certainly helps.

Garret going on 10 years, is he really not preparing for every team and not adjusting during the game or what?
Our offense has been better than the Patriots this year.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I heard the difference explained on some show I can’t remember ...about how NE only brings in guys who are willing to check their individual selves at the door. Dallas is all about the individual and stars. So it’s not possible do what Patriots doing when your set up like that.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Even when Patriots lose, 95% of the players look sharp and masters of their position. They execute almost perfectly play after play. Every player seems to know the technique to use for each situation and mistakes are rare.

What are they doing that could help Dallas improve? It is not all Brady though having a vet in the pocket certainly helps.

Garret going on 10 years, is he really not preparing for every team and not adjusting during the game or what?
I

I believe Garrett is so set in his ways. He is thoroughly convinced he can implement and win Super Bowls with the 1990s model in today's NFL---Beat the man in front of you--Make no adjustments, just play according to the game plan. Nowadays, that man in front of you can be smarter, faster, have a high football IQ, more fundamentally sound, and probably better coached.
The result? Two playoff wins in 10 years, and the Cowboys have not reached the NFC Championship game in the Garrett era. 2016 was his best coaching year. I give him credit for that.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Starts with good coaching and then developes because of continuity. The latter is one of the only reasons Garrett staying is good and likely one of the main reasons Jerry has stayed with him.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
goofy take... dallas marketing is more valuable than a playoff share. for equal money dal is a very good choice and yes players know this.
most players wont take less and those that do know pats provide a good option but dal isnt hurting for players in free agency.
dal isnt hurting at all... they just arent the pats and as long as there is at least one outlier to chase fans will cry and pretend this is the browns.

nothing makes jerry more money than winning. he knows that and strives for it.
but yes he is going to make money anyway. it just a matter of how much.

the org is extremely well run.
but again it is not the pats.
Nice take on it... now about all that "winning" Jerry does here. incase you've been in a coma, we are 23 years and counting on ANY thing close to a winning season....the last 9 now 10 under JJ's puppet discounts your take on this team....