How do you bring DT: Hill's career back on track

quickccc

Reaction score
How do you bring DT: Hill's career back on track? You bring it back on track by drafting Javon Kinlaw 6'-6" 320lbs beast in the middle. Just like the defensive end position, you need a tandem at the DT position that compliment each other and forces OL to switch protections up constantly. This guy is Dallas's Fletcher Cox and it's a perfect fit.

What's the motto in Texas, everything is bigger?

just like fletcher cox (who is also around 320 lbs), i'll be more interested in pairing Kinlaw with a 330 pound immovable stud run stuffer who changes how teams have to run against us. - that top notch 1 tech type.
although i see your well intentions based off of where we drafted and invested in Trysten Hill.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The bigger prob on defense clearly was lack of good coaching.

Marinelli put his rep on the line with Hill and failed miserably.

And Richard was having issues with Bloom and Marinelli.

And our biggest issue from 2018 was stopping the run and got nowhere with that as teams like the Jets and Buffalo beat us easily.

When Dak is on the bench, we are doing nothing but going backwards.

So with all that going on..wanting Hill to bounce back is a major deal.

Another DT is primary. FA may help here, but something must improve there.

Playing DT by rotating a bunch of less talented players becuz money is used somewhere else has been a mistake.

Glad to see Rod gone. He was cheap solution to a glaring problem.
The turmoil in coaching might be mitigated with a sharp focus by the new regime.
I'm willing to watch.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I know peeps are already done with the kid, but he's still growing, hopefully maturing and making himself better.
I simply won't give up on a draft pick for at least 3 years unless they just bounce on the team.

Kinlaw, or no Kinlaw.
He needs a big homie vet to help him be a man because right now hes soft as cotton. Woods obviously isnt the guy to help with that.

Corso

Reaction score
He needs a big homie vet to help him be a man because right now hes soft as cotton. Woods obviously isnt the guy to help with that.
Marinelli is the Vietnam vet that wrestled bears.
What more do you want?
Mr. Miyagi-Chuck-Van-Damme-Norris coaching him?

Of course all training done with an 80's montage song.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What more do you want?

What does Hill care about what Rod did in Vietnam? Lol Hill will mostly respect the vets on the dline. When it comes to maturity and toughness its not about coaches

Its why Dez ultimately failed. He never had a real big homie in his wr group. Roy and Miles were both weak.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Hill never had a career in the Pros or collegiate level. We drafted him straight off potential. Although the signs was there. Game tape and coaches don't lie.

Corso

Reaction score
What does Hill care about what Rod did in Vietnam? Lol Hill will mostly respect the vets on the dline. When it comes to maturity and toughness its not about coaches

Its why Dez ultimately failed. He never had a real big homie in his wr group. Roy and Miles were both weak.
Oh. Well then... My mistake.
You got this.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No fixing lazy...period
Was he lazy?

Or just disillusioned?

I mean Marinelli came on like he was going to work him into the rotation and take a personal investment in his play..

then pulled the plug on their deal.

If I had been told all that and then abandoned like that..

I might shutdown somewhat.

I think that is what happened.

It was too about face. Something had to have caused it. Tyrsten probably knows.

I thought watching him play in college he looked like a player.

Sometimes rookies just struggle making the move to pro.

New coaches and a fresh start and no preconceived impressions maybe the cure.

garyo1954

Reaction score
What more do you want?

Am I hearing Eye of the Tiger.....on endless loop will drive them crazy enough to hit their grandmother!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You can put Hill next to anybody you can name and Hill will still suck. Parking a BMW next to a dumpster doesn't make the dumpster look better. Just saying.
And you say all this based on what?

Something somebody posted?

You are aware his coach was fired, right.?

Hmmm...

EST_1986

Reaction score
Hill's career is fine. People in here thought he was a 1st rounder that would walk onto the field and get 5 sacks a game or something. He was a very late 2nd rounder! The Cowboys knew he was raw and need some work. This this next summer is when we can start picking apart his game some.

BTW, how is Kinlaw's knee? Until I know he doesn't have a medical condition he is off my draft board.
yea but bad knees has Cowboys 2nd round pick all over it

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Hills career has ever been on track to get back on track. He has been a project from day 1.
Why would Marinelli vouch for him so much then?

It was all magnified becuz of the Cooper trade that that pick needed to play right away.

Rod read everything wrong apparently.

Something happened more than just the player baling. Eventually we may know.

I do know b/w Hill and Taco, the team must have been very unhappy with Rodney.

He single-handedly destroyed the rep of the draft trust which prior to those picks, was outstanding.

Ron was showing his flaws over time.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Make him wrestle a bear everyday before practice.

Last edited: