How do you feel about this defensive line?

perrykemp

Reaction score
3 journeyman and a guy coming off ACL. Looks great to me! :)

In all reality, I feel pretty good about Selvie as a pass rusher and I feel reasonably confident that Melton should be at least average this year.

Reaction score
It's looking like another rough year for the defense, Melton is the only one that might be more than a rotational guy IMO. If the LB corps behind them wasn't so thin they might be able to compensate but I'm thinking the offense will need to put up some serious points this season.

The Natural

Reaction score
Comparing it to last years line of Corpse of Ware/Hatcher/Selvie/Lucky Contestant I'm not sure it is much better. It depends on how good Melton really is (I have no idea), and what Mincey can provide.

gmoney112

Reaction score
jim-carrey-puking-o.gif

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RE: Mincey
DT: Hayden
DT: Melton
LE: Selvie

I'd be hard-pressed to find a weaker starting DL in recent memory. Though, I don't think that ends up being the starting group.

We're far from this being a possibility yet, but Crawford, McClain/Brent, Melton, Lawrence looks better to me, on paper.

Either way, we're long on potential, thin on talent. I like our DL better than our LBs, too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think in a Marinelli scheme, the better question is always how do we feel about the top 8 instead of the top 4.

True I'm not as concerned about 1 super star on the DL as I am getting 8 solid players who can come in and get the job done. Their individual stats I could care less about, my concerned how they play as a unit.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True I'm not as concerned about 1 super star on the DL as I am getting 8 solid players who can come in and get the job done. Their individual stats I could care less about, my concerned how they play as a unit.

Right, as long as it helps produce wins, who cares if they have a top guy in sacks.
Rather it's 1 player have 24 sacks, or 2 having 12, or even 4 have 6. A few others with 1 or 2. Actually prefer the muliple sacks from 3 or 4 different players, then who do the double team that way.

silver

Reaction score
Hopefully we have enough hungry young guys who want to prove themselves.

LittleD

Reaction score
Well so far the OL has manhandled them easily. The OL is opening up holes big enough
for MAC trucks to drive through. If we can't stop the run and can't get to the QB in 2.5sec,
it's going to be a loooonnnggg season and the offense better plan on scoring 45 per game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not real thrilled about it.

Law and Spencer not being ready to start the year are just even more problems for a D-Line that has a ton of problems and questions.