How do you feel about this defensive line?

Zman5

Reaction score
How do I feel about our dline?

711788373173466795.gif

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
On paper, just looking at the names, that lineup looks pretty terrible. I'm hoping for some camp surprises and some guys stepping up in big ways. Otherwise, this year will be a lot like last year.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I feel like Dallas has a lot of work to do on the DL. I believe The 2014 season will hinge on our ability to apply pressure to opposing quarterbacks.

morasp

Reaction score
I actually feel better about it than

RE: Ware(with one good arm and leg)
DT: Hayden(playing over 800 snaps)
DT: Hatcher (can't raise his arm above his shoulder)
LE: Selvie

Common Sense

Reaction score
If you want to list the defensive line and not include Crawford, McClain, Coleman, Bishop and Bass then you are simply carrying on with sensationalism.

It seems to me that the only sensationalism is pretending like a rookie 7th rounder, two UDFAs (one of whom is also a rookie), a journeyman on his 4th team who was previously third-string for the 2-14 Texans, and a third-year player coming off an Achilles injury are going to make much of a difference in this argument.

silver

Reaction score
That will not be our starting DL in our playoff game. Book it.

It won't surprise me to see a late cut getting picked up and not only brought in but make the final 53.

The problem with that is that only the Ryan Cook's of the NFL are available then. We're not going to add anything substantial until 2015. Our hopes are pinned in getting the wounded back eventually. Spencer, Okoye and Lawrence together with getting Brent maybe could save the D.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I am less optimistic then I was at the beginning of camp
but I never thought this defensive line was goning to take us anywhere ether.
Next year and the year after is my aim

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Health is the key but the Pokes DL is pretty young, ironically experienced as well, only time will tell.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven't seen it so how can one make a judgement that isn't pure speculation?

Because there's this thing called past performance. Bad players grouped together play badly.

That DL could possibly be the worst I've ever seen here.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, we have scary proven talent like Crawford, McClain, Coleman, Bishop and Bass to add to this mix.

We can come at them in waves. Bring an extra pair of socks.

Bluestang

Reaction score
To play devils advocate here, Seattle DL did not have one pro bowler. They predicated their DL on waves.

I don't believe Dallas has that proven talent yet, but the philosophy is there.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
To play devils advocate here, Seattle DL did not have one pro bowler. They predicated their DL on waves.

I don't believe Dallas has that proven talent yet, but the philosophy is there.

I believe strongly in the concept. But it depends on the personnel. We had waves last season too.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Upgrades from last years DL:

Crawford, Melton, Lawrence (will still play 10-12 games) and probably Selvie being 2nd year in system.

Mincey, McClain and Bass can all potentially be an improvement if they get up to speed and stay healthy

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I'm afraid we're going to be seeing too much of these guys on game day: can't...get...off...the...field...

waaaaaay too much.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But we really don't know do we?

Sure we do. We know that Mincey can't play. We know Hayden can't play. We know Selvie's best story to his grandchildren is the year where he had 7 sacks. We know who these players are. They have a resume. It's completely irrelevant if we've seen them all play together.

When the fans start chanting we don't know, you know things are really bad.

Bluestang

Reaction score
I believe strongly in the concept. But it depends on the personnel. We had waves last season too.

Personnel is the key, but Dallas really has no idea how their personnel fit right now.

There is a lot of truth in that the offense can help the defense. If the offense can score points faster and force the opponent to get impatient, then Dallas can really dictate the game and make their opponents one dimensional.

I pimped Crawford before, and I still feel like he can be pretty good. The power that kid displays is uncanny at times.