How Do You Like To Eat Potatoes

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I'll eat a tater any way it's prepared. I make Cowboy potatoes at deer camp every season and they're a big hit. Red potatoes washed and quartered with a yellow onion chopped in it. I coat everything in olive oil and cook them over the fire in a Dutch oven until almost cooked through. Then I add roasted Hatch green chilis, 1/2 a stick of butter, and 3-4 smashed garlic cloves. Put the lid on the Dutch oven and put a shovel full of coals over the top and back on the fire.

As good as they are, I'd still put my vote in for an order of Shakey's rojo/mojo potatoes any day!

Creeper

Reaction score
There is no bad way to prepare potatoes. But my favorite way is to coat them in oil, then lots of salt. Then bake. The halve them lengthwise, remove the white, mash it up with cream and butter, more salt, then stuff the mashed potatoes back into the skins and then broil them until the mashed potatoes start to brown on top.

Or, fingerling potatoes cut in half and bake with a little olive oil. then spray them with truffle oil, romano cheese and a little bit of parsley.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'll eat a tater any way it's prepared. I make Cowboy potatoes at deer camp every season and they're a big hit. Red potatoes washed and quartered with a yellow onion chopped in it. I coat everything in olive oil and cook them over the fire in a Dutch oven until almost cooked through. Then I add roasted Hatch green chilis, 1/2 a stick of butter, and 3-4 smashed garlic cloves. Put the lid on the Dutch oven and put a shovel full of coals over the top and back on the fire.

As good as they are, I'd still put my vote in for an order of Shakey's rojo/mojo potatoes any day!
I thought a Dutch Oven was when u ferted under the covers and fluffed 'em over the wifey's head?

nobody

Reaction score

Maybe we need to start a Dutch oven recipe thread.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I thought a Dutch Oven was when u ferted under the covers and fluffed 'em over the wifey's head?

That's the Urban Dictionary version of it yes. I worded it poorly and should have made clear this was a Lodge Dutch oven. My mistake and I can only hope we caught it soon enough before anyone got our recipes convoluted.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the Urban Dictionary version of it yes. I worded it poorly and should have made clear this was a Lodge Dutch oven. My mistake and I can only hope we caught it soon enough before anyone got our recipes convoluted.
ksk only has one recipe for his Dutch Oven, boiled eggs.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe we need to start a Dutch oven recipe thread.
Here's the best recipe.

As you're falling asleep, you cut a big ol' silent stinky one. You then tell the wifey, "Hey, I bet I can spit a lugie up in the air and catch it in my mouth as it comes down."

The wifey then Dutch Ovens herself!!!!!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'm making hasselback potatoes tonight with some garlic butter, cheddar and parm.......... :thumbup:

picUIW5uH.jpg

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
No favorite way to consume potatoes for me. I love them boiled, baked, stewed or fried. They are my favorite accompaniment for any meal, any time of day. Probably the most versatile food there is.