How does CZ feel about Courtland Sutton?

conner01

Reaction score
Like him at 50
Not so much at 19
Too raw for 19 but I love the potential

Carter

Reaction score
Sounds like another Dez but with less Talent. Big but cant open downfield. Exactly what we DONT Need.

We Need a Speed Demon, downfield threat who can catch with his Hands.

I take him at 50 though.

marchetta

Reaction score
What about Chark?
6'3", 40" vertical and a 4.34 40.

DJ Chark WR LSU

TALENT
ROUND

STRENGTHS

DJ Clark reminds me a lot of Jordan Mathews. He has good size and good overall speed and his route running is solid and improving. He might be one of the best blocking receivers in this draft. DJ shows good hands to catch the ball and in the red zone is a tall target making it easy to find him and that means he is a weapon that opponents should have to game plan for in the red zone.

CONCERNS
DJ has a slim body and will struggle putting on bulk to take the pounding a receiver his size will receive at the NFL level. Also DJ lacks the quickness to separate in tight areas and although his height and big receiving radius will help him he still needs to learn better rout running combinations to become a consistent target in the red zone.

BOTTOM LINE
DJ has the size and good hands to become an excellent number two receiver for the team that selects him. If he gains more knowledge on how to run better routes and protect his body from injuries than there is no reason why he can’t become a number one receiver. He can do it if he wants it bad enough but if he starts to get injured it will be hard for him to stay on the field and gain the knowledge to protect his body and improve. It’s really that simple for DJ because he has the tools to improve. The size is there, they hands are good, his speed is solid and his route running is good too, all he has to do is continue to improve and build himself up to the level (bulk and size) of an NFL receiver. In most drafts you can say the very same things about 5 or 6 receivers coming out but the big difference for me in analyzing and profiling DJ that separates him from those other 5 or 6 receivers is DJ likes to block and takes pride in his blocking and to me that sends the signals that he wants to be more than just a number 2 receiver for the team that selects him.

-Drew Boylhart (The Huddle Report) [PARAPHRASED]