How does Jerry watch a game like that and think Garrett is acceptable?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We’re an organization trending downward with no hope of winning a Super Bowl this season, trotting out a pathetic offense in a league full of explosive ones.

This thing is certainly venturing into Fisher’s Rams territory
There aren't actually that many explosive offenses in the league Rn.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Chiefs averaging 6 more ppg than we did in 2014. Rams 4 more ppg.

Did you become a fan in 2015?

So let me get this straight.... you come in here to criticize my post with stats that lend to my favor?

Which Cowboys offense are you suggesting is better?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’re an organization trending downward with no hope of winning a Super Bowl this season, trotting out a pathetic offense in a league full of explosive ones.

I don’t agree with your characterizations.

coult44

Reaction score
Every time the stupid ‘accepting medicrity’ trope is trotted out I point out that I’m the one advocating addressing the actual problem and you guys are the ones moving deck chairs on a sinking ship. And it just gets completely ignored.

We can both want improvement but believe it’s best achieved by changing different things.

I know you are, and I know you do. But then I see a comment that shows your frustration at the other sides frustration and I feel the need to reel you in from the dark side you used to be on. LOL, admit it Idgit, even though it's taken you 5-6-7-8-10 years, you've finally decided enough is enough also.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Jerry knows the coaching is subpar. His ego won't allow him to hire a coach like Sean McVay.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You get the sense that the league is passing us by when you watch teams like the Rams and Chiefs. Compare that performance to the dink and dank crap we had to sit through yesterday for 3 hours against one of the worst defenses in the league and it's easy to see why some find it hard to be optimistic about this team even after 2 straight wins. This is a slow walk to the slaughterhouse if this team makes the playoffs.

After 10+ years, Garrett should have our offense running like a well-oiled machine. How does Jerry and Stephen not even blink while witnessing other coaches achieve it in a 1/5th of the time afforded to Garrett? I just don't get it. Is comfortability THAT important?
The league passed us by years ago. Jerry only wants to win his way. He tried winning championships but didn’t like it if he didn’t get the credit.

yimyammer

Reaction score
How does Jerry watch a game like that and think Garrett is acceptable?

Easy, he just does what comes natural

giphy.gif

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
So let me get this straight.... you come in here to criticize my post with stats that lend to my favor?

Which Cowboys offense are you suggesting is better?
Do you often miss the forest for all the trees?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The Chiefs had 4 touchdown drives of 3 plays or less tonight. What is your definition of explosive?
The Chiefs are an explosive offense.

What I quoted was a post bemoaning all these explosive offenses around the league and us.... I repeat... There aren't that many explosive offenses in football right now. You have the Rams, chiefs and Saints and..... Who?

Nav22

Reaction score
Because two years ago we were the darlings and the Rams were the dogs.

And just last year this same Chiefs team said Dallas was the best team in the league the week after they played us.

That’s how the league is these days. You guys need to let some of the irrational hate go. You’re only frustrating yourselves.
You absolutely nailed it. How quickly we forget.

Garrett was the 2016 NFL Coach of the Year. This one really does feel like ages ago. I still believe he’s on the hot seat and will be fired if this team implodes and finishes, say, 7-9.

Dak was the 2016 Offensive Rookie of the Year.

That 2016 team was magical, just like the 2018 Rams/Chiefs are so far.

There’s 30 other fanbases who are also wishing their teams were as good as the Rams/Chiefs. Just like there were 30 fanbases wishing they were as good as the Cowboys in 2016 (when they had the 1st Round Bye).

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
There are three teams scoring more than 30 PPG this year; there were none last year.

There are seven teams averaging more than 400 YPG this year; there were none last year.
I repeat there aren't that many explosive offenses. You just mentioned 3 explosive offenses in a 32 team league.

Also let's see where these teams end up in ppg. We're extrapolating and missing the part of the year when weather turns injuries pile up and scoring dips.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I repeat there aren't that many explosive offenses. You just mentioned 3 explosive offenses in a 32 team league.

Also let's see where these teams end up in ppg. We're extrapolating and missing the part of the year when weather turns injuries pile up and scoring dips.

So a team has to score 30 points per game to be considered an "explosive" offense? :huh:

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Full of explosive offenses? I can name Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Patriots and Steelers (at times). Who are the others? I am not talking about teams every now and then. The Bills have scored in the 40s. So have the Ravens. So has Dallas. I am talking consistently. There just aren't many.