News: How does Patrick Mahomes' mega-deal affect Dak Prescott negotiations? It's complicated

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
They're not even in the same universe. Please Mahomes is the REAL DEAL and Dak is just a 4th rd pick who came along at the right time. However Dak's stock has gone from the NYSE to the penny stocks level. He's what I call an average joe. Finished 8-8 last season with ridiculous stats that were generated because teams were playing prevent D due to leads on the Boys. He also padded his stats against below average teams. Mahomes has earned his big contract and Dak hasn't......

lol. Good. Your universe sees only delusions.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How does Patrick Mahomes' mega-deal affect Dak Prescott negotiations? It's complicated

b1d63540-b63c-11ea-bbfc-e57a26878b80

There has been a pattern in recent years in the NFL where the next big quarterback deal tends to be a tad more money than the last one.

This one is likely to bust the charts for a while. But that doesn’t mean it likely won’t have an effect on what Prescott will eventually make.

Read Full Story

No Way Dak gets anything near Mahomes....Dak aint on same level as Mahomes....i like the possibility of tying a contract into a percentage of the cap per year.....i wonder if that might happen with Dak?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
So the Cowboys have Dak tagged this year and can tag him next year for what is not completely out of control. Then the media deal is due and the cap climbs a lot (probably). By then on the open market Dak may be able to get $45-50 million per year.

I doubt he will get close to that. Maholmes will be the highest-paid QB for a long time. Dak should just be happy with 33 million. He won't get close to that 40 million mark.

RoboQB

Reaction score
My point is that Dak has already proved hes worth a new contract.

And now he'll be asking for that $40 million plus, per year, that you
screamed from the rooftops would never happen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
DAK = STATS
MaHomes = SUPERBOWL RINGS.

Mahomes and his agent make a 10yr deal and DAK and his Agent can't agree on a 5 year deal.
lol there u go !
add to that the jones boys on the 5 year deal thing.

But that aside what mahomes gets should not affect what other qb's get , because none of them are even close to mahomes in smarts , talent or skill wise.
Also that was a 10 year deal, name one other qb on a 10 year deal.

The chiefs were smart going for that long of a deal lol, I think it surprised the agent and mahomes, and it was done early, so now it is done
and out of the way and they can concentrate on other things.

The jones boys have been trying to sign dak now for at least 2 years and cant get it done lol.

edit
Also it shows commitment by the team and owner to mahomes, and him taking the deal
shows commitment by mahomes.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
.The chiefs were smart going for that long of a deal lol, I think it surprised the agent and mahomes, and it was done early, so now it is done and out of the way and they can concentrate on other things.

The Chief's rewarded Mahomes for winning a SB and they were in the position to give the contract as they've the available CAP ($40+ million more than Cowboys in 2022 and 2023).

....and there lies the issue - 2021 - 2023 we will struggle with CAP (if we want a balanced winning roster).

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dallas shouldn't sign a deal. Play Dak under the franchise tag and see how he does. They can do it again next year as well. If he goes on strike, let him. Dalton can take the reins in a heartbeat and do well w/this stacked roster.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No Way Dak gets anything near Mahomes....Dak aint on same level as Mahomes....i like the possibility of tying a contract into a percentage of the cap per year.....i wonder if that might happen with Dak?

Who cares about levels.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
44--i am with you...aint paying Dak money like that....especially how Dak did NOT put team on shoulders last year when he could have

Give Dak a consistent running game that shows up against better competition. How'd Aikman dp when Emmitt failed to show up? He never put a team on his shoulders.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dallas shouldn't sign a deal. Play Dak under the franchise tag and see how he does. They can do it again next year as well. If he goes on strike, let him. Dalton can take the reins in a heartbeat and do well w/this stacked roster.

LOL. One incomplete pass and you'll want to bench him for the rookie.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Your hate for Troy Aikman is impressive.
The consistency is astounding.

Wrong Einstein. Unlike you, I know Aikman needed Emmitt just as Dak needs Zeke to help move the chains. But Dak has to carry the entire offense. Zeke fails to show up, and posters whine Dak didn't do more.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Wrong Einstein. Unlike you, I know Aikman needed Emmitt just as Dak needs Zeke to help move the chains. But Dak has to carry the entire offense. Zeke fails to show up, and posters whine Dak didn't do more.

Just pointing out that you love to throw Aikman into nearly every post.
I'm surprised Romo wasn't mentioned. That's what you do, right? That's
your style.

I don't care either way. No dog in the fight for me. They could put Cletus, the Fox robot,
under center for all I care. Or pay Dak whatever he wants. Or not.

Saying Zeke fails to show up is silly, but hey, it's the internet. So bash away.
Truth is, play calling has something to do with the handful of games you're
judging Zeke on.

We had a coach that went for it on 4 and 1 on his own 20 in the 1st quarter because the
week prior the media questioned why he didn't go for it with time running out in the 4th.
That's what we've been dealing with for over a decade.