How Good Can Tony Romo Become?

brucem78

Benched
Reaction score
After watch Tony outplay Peyton Manning last year against Indy, I started to wonder what Tony Romo's ceiling is. Considering his lack of actual game experience, I am now wondering if he could reach the Brady/ Manning level.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's possible to play any better than he did tonight. Peyton Manning couldn't have made some of those plays he made.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Who is to say that he isn't already there?

He is making plays which is all that you can ask....plus, I doubt that Manning or Brady make those plays that Romo did since they aren't as mobile as Romo is.

No reason to tap the brakes. :)

sbark

Reaction score
you can see the basketball player in him...........periphearl vision and yet sees the court.........ie mean feild..........just hope he doesnt start dribbling :eek::

forget the spelling, its late

Zman5

Reaction score
Yeh but wait until the other teams get more tapes on him.

/sacasm off.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
brucem78;1665756 said:
After watch Tony outplay Peyton Manning last year against Indy, I started to wonder what Tony Romo's ceiling is. Considering his lack of actual game experience, I am now wondering if he could reach the Brady/ Manning level.

We will get a taste of Romo vs. Brady when they come to Dallas.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
RomoIsBack;1665798 said:
he is like vince young

He is, only better with his accuracy. Got to admit, Young is better with his feet, but it has been proven, QBs don't need to run to win SB (McNabb vs Brady).

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
theogt;1665760 said:
I'm not sure it's possible to play any better than he did tonight.

I'm sure it's possible -- he did miss a few throws.

But right now, I think that today's game was the best of Romo's career so far -- maybe even by quite a bit. He absolutely shredded one of the best defenses in the NFL, a defense that normally plays even better at home. If not for Crayton's two drops, Romo would have put up stats something like this -- 24-for-33, 340 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions. And that would have been AT THE END OF THE THIRD QUARTER.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Zman5;1665792 said:
Yeh but wait until the other teams get more tapes on him.

/sacasm off.

Ya of course. Lets wait til the league "figures him out first".

Sean Taylor watching the tape: "I figured it out!! I've got it fellas!!!"

Gibbs: "What is it?!!"

Sean Taylor: "Romo is frikin awesome!!!"

Gibbs: ......

SacredStar

Reaction score
Romo is playing great. He checks down great and seems to find the perfect spot to place the ball.

Although he did miss a few throws tonight, he also had several dropped passes by the WR's.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I remember a comment from Vela during the preseason. It was something along the lines of Romo needing only a window of 1-2 feet to throw the ball into. It's amazing how he's fitting balls into tight spots -- and on the run half the time at that.

Aikbach

Reaction score
His arm can get stronger and zip zestier but his instincts seem top notch and hos slippery nature makes him a fit for defense. Could've been sacked about six or seven times tonight had he not been such a Houdini with his hips and shoulders.

I'll say this, although I never had the privilege to watch him while he played, dare I call Romo a little Staubachian.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
I really dont know how much better you can expect him to get, he is allready at the top of his game and one of the best QB's in the NFL.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Romo is simply greatness. He'll probably be on the next Madden Cover. But he is so good that not only will he break the curse, he will reverse it and NO copies of the game will work in your system. The weak CPU of an Xbox can simply not compute his level of skill. Your PS3 will die. Your Wii remote will throw ITSELF at the TV and sleep with your wife!

I am so happy I've completely lost it! :abuseme:

fdsfsdfsdfsdfjlfsfddlfserlres;lvkfkd