How good is Dak?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
How good is Dak? The said he was top 10 but after this year is top 5. What a great pick.
Not very is the true answer. He feasts on tomato can teams and is one of the worst in the league against good teams. He’s been the worst of picks because he does just enough to prevent us from ever picking a QB with a draft pick yet does nothing except beat teams Cooper Rush could beat.

Scotman

Reaction score
Decide yet?
I don't think he's the guy. Whatever the reason(s), he's not going to get it done.

I don't hate him. Under different circumstances, maybe he could win in the playoffs. But he hasn't.

As hard as it is to find a QB, I'd still let him walk and start over. I wouldn't pay what it will take to keep him.

Steve007

Reaction score
He may be average, But he has been playing lights out! Nice to actually see a good dude succeed, he deserves it.
He plays lights out against bad teams. Elite quarterbacks don't choke in the playoffs.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I guess Peyton Manning sucked as a Colt.
Sure, if you remove as much context as possible. Peyton won 9 playoff games as a Colt, and made multiple SB’s. When you break down why he was having so much difficulty getting further in the AFC, 5 of his Colts playoff exits were to Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, or Ben Roethlisberger.

4 of Dak’s 5 playoff losses are to Jared Goff, Jordan Love, Brock Purdy, and Jimmy Garappolo.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Sure, if you remove as much context as possible. Peyton won 9 playoff games as a Colt, and made multiple SB’s. When you break down why he was having so much difficulty getting further in the AFC, 5 of his Colts playoff exits were to Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, or Ben Roethlisberger.

4 of Dak’s 5 playoff losses are to Jared Goff, Jordan Love, Brock Purdy, and Jimmy Garappolo
Darn those pesky details

zeke21

Reaction score
I maintain that Dak is an above average QB. I'd put him in the 8-12 range. Have seen nothing either positive or negative that would change that.

He is good enough to win lots of regular season games, particularly when surrounded by a good supporting cast. He is good enough that he will make a few splash plays, can usually manage the game situation pretty well. He isn't good enough to elevate lesser players, he isn't good enough to demand 20% of your cap, he isn't good enough to win multiple playoff games against tough opposition.

He is Andy Dalton, he is Kirk Cousins.

This year his stats look great because we only played 6 teams with a winning record.. and whilst we lost to 3 of them.. we then had 11 games to beat up on teams like the Commanders, Giants and Panthers.

Moving aside from injuries.. the QBs I would take before Dak if I had a 'free choice' for my starting QB next season:
Mahomes, Stroud, Jackson, Allen, Stafford, Purdy, Burrow, Rodgers, Love, Tua, Goff then Dak.

I could live with Dak being ahead of Tua and Goff.
I'd like to see where Herbert goes and Murray. I still think Young will be a great QB but will need to get out of Carolina first.

So yeah.. pretty much same old for me. Dak is absolutely good enough to be in a top 10 regular season list.. but he is not a franchise QB.