How good is Klavon Chaisson

Cwby41

Reaction score
Does anyone know much about him? Is he a dominant player that we should take over if CB CJ Henderson is their or one of the top WR.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Good question, I've admititaly have never seen him play, but his stats don't knock my socks off. What am I missing?

Carson

Reaction score
Henderson is my pick. He may not tackle well, but he is an elite cover corner.

Chaisson has a huge ceiling. But is very very boom or bust. He’s very raw as a prospect. He is going to have a tough time getting off punches from what I’ve seen.

Dallas is perfect situation here. Solid linebackers and 3 solid defensive lineman to protect him.

conner01

Reaction score
He’s a good player who played against top competition
He’s not demarcus ware type talent but he has potential to be a good player
Don’t think it’s gonna matter because I don’t he’s falling to 17

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think anyone really knows. You just see his potential and you judge him on that. And the potential looks to be there.

I think for some though the Taco Charlton bust pick is what scares people about Chaisson. Granted, Chaisson has more natural talent than Taco but the lack of production in college scares people. But at the same time if he had the production he probably wouldn't be available at 17 anyway.

It depends on what the Cowboys feel their needs are. They aren't getting a pass rusher past the 1st round. They can get a corner but they also need to get the best player available of need.

tm1119

Reaction score
My player comp for him is Whitney Mercilus. Which is a good thing. But my issue is that, like Mercilus, I think Chaisson is better playing upright on his feet.

I’m not exactly sure what kind of D Nolan plans to play at the moment, but if drafted I think it would be a little bit of a square peg round hole situation if Chaisson is used as a hand down DE only. But if the staff has a plan to use his whole skill set I’d be perfectly fine with Chaisson at 17

Landryhat73

Reaction score
The biggest problem with Chaisson has been injuries. He had a pretty decent true freshman year at LSU. Really high hopes for him his sophomore year and after dominating Miami the first game he tears his ACL in the 4th quarter. Then fast forward to this year he basically misses the first month because of an ankle injury.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think if Henderson is there they go Henderson but he may get scooped up before us. I like chaisson and his answer about wearing the star but this draft for first time in a while I’d be happy with a few guys at seventeen. This draft is very deep at a few positions of need.

Carson

Reaction score
Not good enough to be the 17th pick. I’d much rather have Kinlaw, Henderson, or one of the 3 WRs (Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs III) I think they are all guaranteed day 1 starters. I don’t feel that way about Chaisson.

Sadly, I don’t think any of those guys are there. Maybe Lamb falls if the other two receivers go

This pick reminds me of the Taco. Every player we want goes before 17 and forced to pick somebody we don’t love.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My comp for Chaisson is current Vikings DE and fellow LSU alum Danielle Hunter.

Hunter had even less college production and ended up being a third round pick.

Would anybody not want that guy right now?

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
He seems to have a great head on his shoulders and is a leader, will only get better after he learns more pass rushing moves. He’s ridiculously explosive

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He seems to have a great head on his shoulders and is a leader, will only get better after he learns more pass rushing moves. He’s ridiculously explosive

I agree with you. I see a 'tools player' lacking in playing time and experience. One who is just beginning to scratch the surface of his potential. Just like the aforementioned Daniel Hunter. He lacked polish as well and once he got to the league and received some quality coaching, he's now among the top pass rushers in the league.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He won't make any kind of impact in year 1, he is more of a high upside developmental prospect. In my opinion, this type of player is taken after the first round. Round 1 is about immediate, impact starter, which he is not.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s funny that people say Chaisson is rawer than Henderson.

If you’re simply looking at stats on a screen you’re missing context.

Chaisson plays a complete game and trending up. He could serve as our version of Clay Matthews on our defense. This isn’t a guy that mindlessly speed rushes the QB for 30 snaps a game. He plays the run very well and shows a knack for getting off blocks. He’s also got an unquestionable motor and is a team leader/captain (for whatever that is worth).

Henderson has undeniable athleticism. However, he’s technique poor. Can that be taught/learned? Sure. But I would predict he has a much steeper learning curve than people realize. He also provides questionable effort as a defender. Read and watch this article with clips with Antonio Cromartie critiquing the top corners in this year’s draft.

https://www.cover1.net/2020-nfl-dra...luates-a-few-of-the-drafts-best-cb-prospects/

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s funny that people say Chaisson is rawer than Henderson.

If you’re simply looking at stats on a screen you’re missing context.

Chaisson plays a complete game and trending up. He could serve as our version of Clay Matthews on our defense. This isn’t a guy that mindlessly speed rushes the QB for 30 snaps a game. He plays the run very well and shows a knack for getting off blocks. He’s also got an unquestionable motor and is a team leader/captain (for whatever that is worth).

Henderson has undeniable athleticism. However, he’s technique poor. He also provides questionable effort as a defender. Read and watch this article with clips with Antonio Cromartie critiquing the top corners in this year’s draft.

https://www.cover1.net/micah-parsons-nfl-draft-penn-state/

I think that's the wrong link?
:huh: