How good is Nick Foles?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Foles was throwing lasers all day in the SB, and with the Patriots defense he needed to. Wentz doesn't have anywhere near the accuracy (on a consistent basis) that was shown by Foles, and supreme accuracy is what was needed to win the ring. Wentz would have led the Eagles to a tragic Superbowl loss, and atm I would choose Foles over Wentz because much of what Wentz does is based on his physicality and that has a big question mark on it moving forward.

But yeah, Foles in the SB played at a damn high level, and it's a level Wentz has never reached.
That is how I see it too

River82

Reaction score
That is how I see it too

Pederson probably thinks similarly. They're keeping Foles around, officially it's because they didn't get a ginormous and out-of-the-world trade deal for him, but unofficially it's probably because Pederson isn't all too confidant on Wentz' rehabilitation.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Pederson probably thinks similarly. They're keeping Foles around, officially it's because they didn't get a ginormous and out-of-the-world trade deal for him, but unofficially it's probably because Pederson isn't all too confidant on Wentz' rehabilitation.
Who has the perfect excuse to start Foles game 1 and see how he does and then he can always fall back on Wentz and get went a little more time to get in shape I think I would start Foles and then you can always go back to whence this is voice to text and I don't know if I'm going to correct spelling so

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Foles won a shootout with Tom Brady in the Superbowl ....

I think thats something I will never do..lol

C42

Reaction score
If you think Foles is better than Wentz based off last year, I don’t think you watched them both play. One played at an MVP level the entire season. The other got hot when we needed him to.

Plus Wentz is on his rookie deal.

zerofill

Reaction score
He is better then Dak... I will give him that...

But in reality, Wentz is better overall. People look at stats all the time. You can look at a lot of Dak's stats, and think WOW! But if you're doing that, you didn't watch the games.

Reactions: C42

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I think the QB needy teams have spoken on that question. Not good enough to invest a 1st round pick. While he had a magical run in the recent post season, there are many games of tape on him that display mediocrity.

jnday

Reaction score
If you think Foles is better than Wentz based off last year, I don’t think you watched them both play. One played at an MVP level the entire season. The other got hot when we needed him to.

Plus Wentz is on his rookie deal.
Exactly. Wentz will be a great QB for the next decade. Dallas really liked him , but they didn't have the guts to trade up s couple spots to draft him. Jerry will regret this as much as passing on Randy Moss and he deserves every bit of misery that Wentz causes him.

kskboys

Reaction score
He is better then Dak... I will give him that...

But in reality, Wentz is better overall. People look at stats all the time. You can look at a lot of Dak's stats, and think WOW! But if you're doing that, you didn't watch the games.
Maybe, maybe not.

kskboys

Reaction score
Foles was throwing lasers all day in the SB, and with the Patriots defense he needed to. Wentz doesn't have anywhere near the accuracy (on a consistent basis) that was shown by Foles, and supreme accuracy is what was needed to win the ring. Wentz would have led the Eagles to a tragic Superbowl loss, and atm I would choose Foles over Wentz because much of what Wentz does is based on his physicality and that has a big question mark on it moving forward.

But yeah, Foles in the SB played at a damn high level, and it's a level Wentz has never reached.
Foles had a clean pocket most of the game. He's never done well when pressure. Foles would've been lucky to come out of it alive if they'd played JAX.