How good is Nick Foles?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Actually, it's 5 to 4.

Unless the time the Eagles beat Vince Lombardi (his only playoff loss) for the Championship doesn't count to you?

Not really, no. The Super Bowl era is what people discuss. Sports is generational. I never hear anyone discussing Lombardi's NFL championships.

Valorius

Reaction score
By that rationale, the Cowboys havent even won anything in this millenium. So it's 1-0 Eagles.

Valorius

Reaction score
he had ONE great season and ONE great postseason run. You can cry all you want but those are the REAL FACTS.
He also had one of the greatest games of all time, when he put up 7 TD's to 0 INT on the Raiders. One of two NFL QB's to ever accomplish that feat. Foles also had the single highest passer rating month in NFL history, with a 145+ rating.

Add to that the 3rd greatest single regular season passer rating in NFL history, and the 3rd greatest playoff run of all time.

Foles has an extremely impressive resume.

diefree666

Reaction score
He also had one of the greatest games of all time, when he put up 7 TD's to 0 INT on the Raiders. One of two NFL QB's to ever accomplish that feat. Foles also had the single highest passer rating month in NFL history, with a 145+ rating.

Add to that the 3rd greatest single regular season passer rating in NFL history, and the 3rd greatest playoff run of all time.

Foles has an extremely impressive resume.
and you still do not get it. ONE OFFS. NO consistency; no back to back top years, etc. THAT is why I mentioned Joe Flacco. I could go back and point out other QBs that had a flash year or so and then disappeared forever.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and you still do not get it. ONE OFFS. NO consistency; no back to back top years, etc. THAT is why I mentioned Joe Flacco. I could go back and point out other QBs that had a flash year or so and then disappeared forever.

If you really look at Foles career , his inconsistency is pretty easy to explain as is his success. There are no guarantees at any position let alone QB, but he just had one of the all-time great post seasons. So, is he really any more risky than a rookie QB for a team like AZ ?

Valorius

Reaction score
When you break records over and over, it's not a one off.

Valorius

Reaction score
He's not a franchise QB.
Not only is he a franchise QB that holds most Eagles career, single season, and single game QB records, his career playoff stats are literally among the greatest of all time in NFL history.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Not only is he a franchise QB that holds most Eagles career, single season, and single game QB records, his career playoff stats are literally among the greatest of all time in NFL history.
I've got some prime swamp land to sell you since you believe that.

Hadenough

Reaction score
CAREER PLAYOFF STATISTICS, ALL TIME NFL:

N. Foles: 71.9 comp% 113.2 rating
J. Hostetler 69.2 comp% 112.0 rating
K. Warner 71.1% comp 102.8 rating
D. Brees 65.9% comp 100.7 rating
A. Rodgers: 63.5 comp % 99.4 rating
R. Wilson: 61.6% 94.1 rating
T. Brady: 62.8% comp 90.9 rating
T. Aikman: 63.7% comp 88.3 rating
B. Favre: 60.8 comp % 86.3 rating
S. Young: 62% comp 85.8 rating
J. Montana: 62.7 comp% 84.6 rating
J. Kelly: 59.1% comp 72.3 rating
J. Flacco 56.6% comp 88.6 rating

Nick Foles rankings:

No.1 all time Eagles regular season passer rating leader (92.7)
No.1 all time Eagles playoff winning % (.750)
No.1 all time Eagles and NFL single game TD record holder (7)

No.1 all time NFL TD/INT ratio after 25 starts
No.1 all time NFL single month passer rating (145+, Nov 2013)
No.1 all time NFL playoff completion % (71.9%)
No.1 all time NFL career playoff passer rating (113.2)
No.1 all time NFL single season turn over ratio (2013, 27 TD: 2 INT)
No.1 all time NFL single postseason completion % (72.6%)
No.3 all time NFL single season passer rating (A. Rodgers, P. Manning)
No.3 all time NFL single postseason playoff passer rating (J. Flacco 1st, D. Brees 2nd)

Nick Foles is one of 2 QB's in NFL history to have over a 100 passer rating in 1st 4 Playoff games (T. Aikman)

Nick Foles is one of 2 NFL QB's to pass for over 75% completions in consecutive playoff games (J. Montana)

Nick Foles is one of 2 QB's in NFL history to pass for 7 TD's and 0 INT's in a single game (P.Manning)

Nick Foles is one of 4 QB's in NFL history to pass for over 300yds in consecutive playoff games (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady)

Nick Foles passer rating against the blitz in Superbowl LII was 133.1

------------
Its amazing how the coaching staff of the Eagles added in a just that little wrinkle of pass run option with Foles still being able to look downfield without even turning to hand the ball off. He thrived with that and thats also not easy to defend. Foles is a dam good QB. Him playing that good was no accident the coaches found a way to make him comfortable. Right now he is one of the best QBs in the league whether you like it or not.

diefree666

Reaction score
Its amazing how the coaching staff of the Eagles added in a just that little wrinkle of pass run option with Foles still being able to look downfield without even turning to hand the ball off. He thrived with that and thats also not easy to defend. Foles is a dam good QB. Him playing that good was no accident the coaches found a way to make him comfortable. Right now he is one of the best QBs in the league whether you like it or not.
only to those that failed football 101

Hadenough

Reaction score
your facts are what most would call fantasy.
The dude won a SB and had a very high elite rating. Evidently you either didn't read the OP or your just in denial of the fact he played lights out when the lights shines the brightest.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
No one wore leather helmets in 1960, when the Eagles handed Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay packers their only playoff defeat in the Championship game. ;)

How many years since the Cowboys won a superbowl? 23 is it?
How long did it take the Eagles to land 4 championships? How long did it take the Cowboys to land 5? I guess this is to be expected with your first championship way before most of us were around.

GMO415

Reaction score
Bwahaha.....