How Important is Team Chemistry

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
I mean, why else would you have a thread about "team chemistry" if T.O. weren't a Dallas Cowboy now? I'd even give you the benefit of the doubt, but your reference to the Cortez/Allen incident and claiming to not know what team was involved made me suspicious.

exactly, and neither Cortez and LA are Cowboys

again, this is just PT going back to TO

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
Sensible response ...one of which I do not necessarily agree with; sensible Nontheless.

In what way do you disagree?

And if it happens with Owens, Bledsoe will deal with him the same way - unlike a certain other quarterback...

Phoenix-Talon said:
You mean quaterbacks ...plural -- he's got two notches under his belt.

I guess to a certain extent he does. But, as the recent past indicates, Bledsoe isn't afraid to stand up for himself when he needs to. Maybe if either of those quarterbacks did, the issues may have been less.

As I've said in a prior post, I think the damaged credibility of Donovan McNabb makes the Eagles' chemistry issues a lot more interesting.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
:rolleyes: NOTE: RESPONSE INTENDED FOR THIS POSTER ONLY (Let's see what he's got without anyone else's help ...)

Ouch! I don't normally entertain this sort of thing, but it's real close to going home time so what the Heck ...

lurkercowboy said:
I don't fault you for your memory loss. With the way the Eagles season went, your brain probably blanked out the 2005 season to protect your mental health.

Thanks Doc ...I feel better now that You've given your professional diagnosis.

BTW, that team ended up winning the game, finished the year with a winning record, and swept the Eagles.

You did indeed sweep the injured Eagles 2nd string, but "successful year?" Winning Record? Did I miss something? Didn't you guys come in next to last place? Didn't you miss the Playoffs too. Aren't your standards higher than next to last place in the NFC-East? Who has amnesia?

I'm just kidding, it's all in fun and you're absolutelty right .:rolleyes:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
superpunk said:
PMs....learn about them - use them.

Otherwise your posts are fair game.

What's wrong with you superpunk! Did you honestly believe I thought no one would intrude. Lol you're funnier than I first anticipated.:rolleyes:

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
superpunk said:
PMs....learn about them - use them.

Otherwise your posts are fair game.

I'm sure he will claim that he "didn't know what PMs were, or he would have used one to begin with."

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
What's wrong with you superpunk! Did you honestly believe I thought no one would intrude. Lol you're funnier than I first anticipated.:rolleyes:

I'm just looking out for you, little fella....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
As an Eagle fan, I can tell you that chemistry ...or the lack thereof, can be the kiss of death to a football franchise.

That said, the compilation of players whose combined efforts are collaborated for the purpose of winning on a field of competition can be greatly thwarted by external (media) and internal entities (disruptive players).

Many believe that unlike Andy Reid, Bill Parcells purportedly runs a tight ship. Perhaps. That could be demonstrated in 2006 keeping certain volitile players under control. Believe me you, history has shown that if player disruptive behavior is not identified in their respective contracts, it should be.

Bottom line is that team chemistry is a crucial element to a successful team. But how important. What about ...

QB in the Huddle (one voice concept)

QB & WR

WR & WR

QB & OL

QB & C

RB & OL

What about Coach & individual (not collectively) chemistry/relationships?
How critical is it to have a team unscaved by a nuisance media reporter/sports writer who writes derrogatory about every little team-related occurence.

Discussion:

The Eagles managed to get a boatload of bad Publicity last year. While injuries took their toll, many believe that bad press (the soap opera) and chemisty gone bad created situations detrimental to the success of the team. I indorse that sentiment.

I think the Eagles versus Cowboys games (both of them) is going to be a "media circus." I don't think that's going to be good for either team; perhaps a bit more for the Cowboys since the expectation is that the Cowboys will trounce the Eagles.

Since this is the 1st year that the new Touchdown celebration rule will go into effect, all eyes will be focused on those players who traditionally make it a point to creatively "do their thing" in the endzone. Fines, suspensions, yardage penalties and media frenzy is on the menu.

I know how to handle flames, can't we just stick with some football discussion ...your thoughts on this coming Training camp/regular season.

I am not even gonna read your whole post... the title is enough....
something about TO is in there and how our chemistry will be destroyed... well before you make excuses about TO ruining the chemistry the Eagles NEVER had(never won a thing).... no chemistry, didnt win, blame Owens, blame injuries.... just dont blame McNubb

I dont wanna hear it:bang2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think team chemistry means a lot. When your winning guys are enjoying themselfs and what they are doing but when you hit a bump in the road during a season or when things are not going good within a game that is when team chemistry matters alot. I want guys pulling together not pointing fingers at each other.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
PT... for all of his "pleasant dialoge" and respectful tone in his writing, just can't help himself. It's there, just under the surface... He simply hates the Cowboys.

He can't help starting a thread that questions how TO will effect team chemistry. Oh, he does it in a way that is for the whole team and doesn't name TO specifically... but you know that's what he's getting at. He thinks TO ruined the Eagles season last year and he's hoping like hell that he does the same thing to Dallas. I think his greatest fear is that TO will be a good soldier and help Dallas to a superbowl. That would be the single worst thing that could happen in the NFL as far as PT is concerned.

He loves to hint that Dallas will be destroyed by TO and how important chemistry is to the overall success of a team. He doesn't come out and say it because that isn't his MO. He's a "good" rival fan on the zone and he can't "troll". He has to make it look like it's a viable subject that he wants intelligent responses for... but deep down he's simply going, "TO broke the Eagles and I can't wait until he breaks the Cowboys!"

He hates seeing us happy with TO in the fold. He hates that TO is being a good teammate. He hates that the media is saying TO will help us win. It just kills him, so he needs to remind us in subtle or not so subtle ways that things could go really wrong with TO.

It's kind of funny really... and predictable.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
YoMick said:
I am not even gonna read your whole post...
I dont wanna hear it

Correction ...you don't want to read it! Because if you did you'd know that there's no blame. All that's history. The only thing that's relevant is the 2006 Regular season, and the 2-times the Eagles play the Cowboys. That's football!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I think team chemistry means a lot. When your winning guys are enjoying themselfs and what they are doing but when you hit a bump in the road during a season or when things are not going good within a game that is when team chemistry matters alot. I want guys pulling together not pointing fingers at each other.

Dd101, I think you may have come closest to answering the question regarding chemistry. Would you agree that all teams have chemistry. The strenght of that chemstry is measured when the team hits those "bumps" you mentioned. During winning times, that chemistry is not put to the test.

That's a good assessment. Thanks

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Dd101, I think you may have come closest to answering the question regarding chemistry. Would you agree that all teams have chemistry. The strenght of that chemstry is measured when the team hits those "bumps" you mentioned. During winning times, that chemistry is not put to the test.

That's a good assessment. Thanks
As I said before, The Eagles problems started and ended with McNabb ineffectiveness. TO had nothing to do with McNabb playing like crap... Was he a distraction, I am sure he was. A bigger Distraction was the crappy play from under center, and a suspect D

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
2233boys said:
As I said before, The Eagles problems started and ended with McNabb ineffectiveness. TO had nothing to do with McNabb playing like crap... Was he a distraction, I am sure he was. A bigger Distraction was the crappy play from under center, and a suspect D

You sound like you've really got a handle on the Eagles problems in 2005 ...do you think we should have gone after a QB in the off season?;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
PT... for all of his "pleasant dialoge" and respectful tone in his writing, just can't help himself. It's there, just under the surface... He simply hates the Cowboys.

He can't help starting a thread that questions how TO will effect team chemistry. Oh, he does it in a way that is for the whole team and doesn't name TO specifically... but you know that's what he's getting at. He thinks TO ruined the Eagles season last year and he's hoping like hell that he does the same thing to Dallas. I think his greatest fear is that TO will be a good soldier and help Dallas to a superbowl. That would be the single worst thing that could happen in the NFL as far as PT is concerned.

He loves to hint that Dallas will be destroyed by TO and how important chemistry is to the overall success of a team. He doesn't come out and say it because that isn't his MO. He's a "good" rival fan on the zone and he can't "troll". He has to make it look like it's a viable subject that he wants intelligent responses for... but deep down he's simply going, "TO broke the Eagles and I can't wait until he breaks the Cowboys!"

He hates seeing us happy with TO in the fold. He hates that TO is being a good teammate. He hates that the media is saying TO will help us win. It just kills him, so he needs to remind us in subtle or not so subtle ways that things could go really wrong with TO.

You notice he does not respond to your post?

There are several other posts that "caught him" and his veiled posts, and he does not respond to them either...:cool:

:lmao:

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
You did indeed sweep the injured Eagles 2nd string, but "successful year?" Winning Record? Did I miss something? Didn't you guys come in next to last place? Didn't you miss the Playoffs too. Aren't your standards higher than next to last place in the NFC-East?

An Eagles fan talking about high standards?

:trophy:

I do salute your intellect however. F. Scott Fitzgerald famously said "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."

I must not possess first-rate intelligence because I just can't handle thinking of the Eagles and high standards at the same time. It just doesn't work for me!

lspain1

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:

PT is an Eagles fan after a tough year. He is much less tiresome than the infestation of Commanders fans that have come in here after last season so I give him a pass in this type of thing. The subject matter of this thread is also understandable after last season. You really have to feel sorry for PT after all....he is an Eagle's fan.:trophy: :p:

Now, concerning the subject of the thread, I think TO may indeed cause the Cowboys problems, just not this year. Players caused chemistry and distraction problems on the Cowboys under Tom Landry. Roger Staubach has recounted issues with Duane Thomas in particular that hurt the team.

Perhaps Tom Landry said it best about chemistry...

"One of the great things about football is the closeness, the camaraderie, that you can't get anywhere else. When we got into the locker room, I was thrilled watching those players celebrate. It was like a 1,000-pound weight had been taken off their backs. To see people struggle so hard to achieve and then achieve, it was a thrill."

It is impossible to achieve the camaraderie mentioned by Landry if you have chemistry and locker room issues on a team. Landry also said when asked about problem players....

"If I have a weakness, it may be that I'm too compassionate. I give people a chance to see whether they can turn it around. It didn't work out for me too often."

Based upon these statements, I conclude that chemistry means a lot...and you must act quickly when a problem player disrupts the team.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
lurkercowboy said:
I do salute your intellect however. F. Scott Fitzgerald famously said "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."

Someone once said that "One of the greatest lessons in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes" ...Winston Churchill

http://www.quotedb.com/authors/winston-churchill

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
PT is an Eagles fan after a tough year. He is much less tiresome than the infestation of Commanders fans that have come in here after last season so I give him a pass in this type of thing. The subject matter of this thread is also understandable after last season. You really have to feel sorry for PT after all....he is an Eagle's fan.

Correction Ispain1 ...a dedicated Eagles Fan!;)

Now, concerning the subject of the thread, I think TO may indeed cause the Cowboys problems, just not this year. Players caused chemistry and distraction problems on the Cowboys under Tom Landry. Roger Staubach has recounted issues with Duane Thomas in particular that hurt the team.

Perhaps Tom Landry said it best about chemistry
Based upon these statements, I conclude that chemistry means a lot...and you must act quickly when a problem player disrupts the team.

Very nicely said Ispain1. Several posterson this thread believe that I have an Ulterior motive, that I am really cloaking the statement that I really want to make, and that my underlying objective is really to show my distain about TO. While it is true that I do have distain about Terrell Owens, your post qualifies the response that I was trying to get. I agree with Tom and you. Thanks.

PT