How is Crawford still on the roster?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
And every year that goes by proves that I was right all along.

And I admit to getting a certain measure of satisfaction by rubbing it in the homer, excusemakers' faces.

Just like with Garrett.

giphy.gif
Lol you sure do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ironically last year they could of had Danny Shelton, Johnathan Hankins, and Clinton-Dix for a combined 9 million dollars. That's only 3 more million dollars than what they could saved that year by cutting Crawford straight up.

Even if they had just signed the 2 DT's and not Dix it would of freed up the 2nd rounder pick to take Safety Juan Thornhill who was a day 1 starter.

This is EXACTLY why you can't play games in free agency, it not only handicaps the team roster but it also messes up the draft......

And you also can't make multi-million dollar decision on people because you like them. The Joneses run a billion dollar business like a Mom & Pop corner store sometimes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol you sure do.

Yeah, when I get lectured again and again by people who feel obligated to defend everything the Cowboys do, I make sure they get it back when they're proven wrong.

Especially when they then try to move the goals posts or revise history. Or double down on stupid like this deal.

fivetwos

Reaction score
And you also can't make multi-million dollar decision on people because you like them. The Joneses run a billion dollar business like a Mom & Pop corner store sometimes.
Jerry wants to be liked by the players and has to pump sunshine to the media to sell his product.

Both of those, in a very large way, get in the way of him being an effective GM.

He doesnt see it that way and never will. No team has ever been run that way but that doesnt matter.

NONE of this is any news to anyone here, but it needs to be said as much as possible.

The way we do "thangs here wit dah cahbaughs" makes me absolutely sick, and is a proven failure, yet it keeps happening and may never end. Theres a lot of kids in that game day suite.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the time to dump Crawford and pick up Griffen. For gosh sakes, this is the time to make this move and then replace Crawford with a draft pick.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well, they definitely cant keep him at 9, and let Clowney sign elsewhere for 1/18-19.

Is Clowney twice as good as Crawford? Yes easily.

Believe me. I would prefer Griffen all day everyday. I’m just basing my thoughts off how Cheap Stephen usually operates.