How is Crawford still on the roster?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
T Craw is one of Jerruhs boys. You leave him alone.

Seriously!
:laugh:

Another of these untouchables, here because 'they like him' and not for any tangible, football reasons.

'Leadership' or some such nonsense, that has never translated into being good on the field or winning.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I can give you a list of names that could help this team that have signed elsewhere, while this anchor remains.

Give me the player that we didn't have money available to sign. We can have 50 Million available in a heartbeat - who are we missing out on?

Name them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will do it and I've been saying that for a year. So has everyone else in North America.

That still doesn't answer the question whatsoever. You giving us a promissory note of 'they will' means nothing. It's nothing resembling a valid answer. I'll ask you again why they haven't? What do they gain by waiting until the market is dried up? Unless they're actually afraid to lose him and this paycut stuff is merely an attempted bluff that they won;t follow through on?

Answer the question - WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE DONE THIS WEEK? WHO IS ASKING FOR MORE MONEY THAN WE ALREADY HAVE AVAILABLE?

Because free agency is now, not when Dallas gets around to it. Money is allocated for and spent now. Like every other team is doing it. Go tell them they're all wrong and your favorite team is right (like you always try to do here).

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For 14 pages, after being given the answer 50 times.

0 valid ones. Not a one. Least of all from you.

Why? Because there is none.

But cheerleaders like you can't admit when your favorite team does something stupid.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Crawford being on the team today has not prevented Dallas from signing the free agents they have targeted or are currently targeting. As of right now, they need defensive line players. They will probably draft some if they can. They will probably wait to see which players they land before finalizing what they do with Crawford. That could be a release or restructure. The valid reason he isn't cut right now is because they don't have to do so. Pretty simple really.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Because free agency is now, not when Dallas gets around to it. Money is allocated for and spent now. Like every other team is doing it. Go tell them they're all wrong and your favorite team is right (like you always try to do here).

So your answer throughout 14 pages of this thread is "I'm 5 years old and I want candy right now".

Some things never change.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm really surprised the league didn't drop the hammer on him for the bar brawl.

DRella

Reaction score
Crawford will remain on team until money is needed. We don't need the money right now.

Once we do he will either have to take a discount to play in Dallas or be cut. Understand that keeping him on the roster is working in the Cowboys favor. Teams will sign and draft the need that Crawford can fill and he is property of the Cowboys until they wish. When the time comes that they need dollars they go to Crawford ask him to take a paycut, he will have no choice cause that's all he'll get on open market.

People are making way too much of Crawford still being a Cowboy. Give it a break.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So your answer throughout 14 pages of this thread is "I'm 5 years old and I want candy right now".

Some things never change.

If that's what you need to read from them? Sure.

Type that while you're talking about others' "maturity."

Pot meet kettle.
:facepalm:

Kaiser

Reaction score
If that's what you need to read from them? Sure.

I've read 15 pages of you potbanging with no serious poster agreeing with you. And plenty of serious posters pointing out how silly this thread is.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm fine, just emphasizing.

They sure as heck don't need it later do they? After the free agent market has dried up?

Again, nobody can give a valid reason why it's not being done now. And you mention yourself how it's best for the player.
Right but if best for the player, then not best for the team, and team holds the cards on this one.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Right but if best for the player, then not best for the team, and team holds the cards on this one.
Wait now, my point is based ENTIRELY on them not needing the money to sign anyone.

If you're saying they should cut Crawford and spend it elsewhere I'm 100% in agreement with you.

Now I see what you mean on having his cap dollars later wont help us because there will be no one to use it on...

BUT...we dont necessarily have to cut Crawford TODAY if they arent close to signing anyone else.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've read 15 pages of you potbanging with no serious poster agreeing with you. And plenty of serious posters pointing out how silly this thread is.

Then you've got a whole lot of people on ignore. Not a surprise given your fragile sensibilities.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Then you've got a whole lot of people on ignore. Not a surprise given your fragile sensibilities.

Yeah, I love that. "You are just to fragile to discuss call option spreads with the screaming homeless guy sitting on a park bench".

Sure, that must be it. It can't be because the Internet has plenty of idiots who are a waste of time. It just can't be.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In what way "not best for the team"? Free up dead money to spend it more effectively. Improve your defensive line.

If as you say you're worried about losing him, you've 'handed your cards over'.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
So after final cuts are done...if Crawford again makes the roster...he will have survived 2 head coaches in Garrett and McCarthy, 4 defensive coordinators in Ryan, Kiffin, Marinelli, and Nolan, and 4 defensive line coaches in Baker, Lett, Bloom, and Tomsula. He will have remained on the roster longer than 39 players drafted by the Cowboys in the same draft or in following years.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I am a million percent on board with cutting Crawford and his 9M or whatever and signing Clowney 20 per TODAY.

But if they are close with Clowney, and I doubt they are even in on him, they know they will need to cut or restructure Crawford in the same act.

Just no real rush of you dont intend to spend those dollars, and I dont know if they do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I love that. "You are just to fragile to discuss call option spreads with the screaming homeless guy sitting on a park bench".

What does this rant mean "Mr. Maturity"?

Sure, that must be it. It can't be because the Internet has plenty of idiots who are a waste of time. It just can't be.

If I'm that "idiot" and a "waste of time", why do you stalk every one of my posts?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

And look like a fool yet again.