How is Dak worth more than Nick Foles?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did Prescott actually turn down an offer.? I'm surprised if he did
IF the rumors are true the DC offered ALL 3 top 5 deals at their perspective positions.. I put those number in about where top 5 would be at the moment for each,.. I can see where Zeke would have an issue because after 3 it drops off big time and thats not cool.. the other 2 well top 5 money for being outside the top 10 in production , you should rush over with the cap off the pens NOW..LOL

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's a really good question too!
Easy awnser for me though. Foles is only good in a WCO. He was coached up by Reid, broke out when Kelly ran WCO concepts in his offense amd fell apart when Kelly completeco installed his offense. After that he was unable to be productive until he got back with Reid/Peterson.

Thats the book on him. System QB that needs a WCO to be effective. Limits his value. Wentz and Prescott havent had the exposed

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Nick Foles signed a 4 year, $88,000,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $50,125,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $22,000,000. In 2019, Foles will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, a signing bonus of $25,000,000, a roster bonus of $500,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,000,000 and a dead cap value of $45,125,000.

Foles won the Super Bowl and has made the Pro Bowl. Dark isn't worth more than Foles.

This smells like a troll post...in drops the thread and then abandoned it when asked clarifying questions.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Nick Foles was an average QB until he won SB MVP. It will be interesting to see what he does this year.

Foles wasn't average. He absolutely lit up the league six years ago with his 27 touchdown passes and just two interceptions; one of the best such TD:INT ratios for any quarterback in league history. I rather wish we had him in Dallas, all the more so him being a native Texan.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
yup I agree hes ranked 10-15 and turned down a top 5 offer, same with Amari, whats wrong wit ht egos on these guys..is that not enough?

Zeke and IDC about him being a RB since 2016

2 rushing championships and would have had 3 in a row, 3!! had it not been for the 6game suspension but even that year led in YPG so it was going to happen..

1st in attempts
1st in yards
1st in YPG
2nd in RTDs

if his top pay hes demanding is say 15 and the DC already offered Dak 30 and Aamri 17 and this forum is saying no way you pay a RB that, sorry Zekes not just rb hes an Elite Player who highly produced and doesnt sit out hurt.. his pay is less and hes better , arguably bets on team when you add in receiving etc blocking 3 down back, seriously all the disdain on trade him, he wants whats due and protecting himself from being used u and cut on his rookie deal..i cant blame him given those FACTS..

Fact on the hate for the holdout ESmith held out before he signed his rookie deal and after 3 yrs , sound familiar? right SBS made people fuzzy on details from the past, Zekes protecting his future and I hope we sign all 3 but Zeke and Jerry please find a middle ground and end this debacle..

How do you guys not get it? Even if Jerry has all the money in the world, it doesn't mean he can spend it all at one time. The team has to manage the cap. Clearly, and you point it out in your post, Dak is not going to sign for 30. Aamri is not going to sign for 17. What does that tell us? If we want to sign them, they are going to demand more then that and who knows how much more that might be? By just demanding a new contract this year, Zeke is screwing the team. There is no doubt that Zeke was going to get paid, Jerry himself, said so. But you can't give all of these guys top contracts. I mean, I asked this question previously but I don't think anybody responded. Has there ever been a team in the NFL who had the highest paid QB, highest paid WR and highest paid RB all with new contracts in the same year? It's just not done. And for the record, no the Emmitt deal doesn't sound familiar at all. It was not in the Salary Cap era so the dynamics are completely different. Stop with that please. This is about money and how much you can spend. This is not about the money IMO. This is about timing. Zeke want to be paid early and he knows full well that Dak and Cooper must get signed this year or they go into FA. What he is trying to force here, IMO, is a situation where the Cowboy have to use the Franchise Tag on Dak so that it is not available for him. That's what's really going on IMO.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Nick Foles signed a 4 year, $88,000,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $50,125,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $22,000,000. In 2019, Foles will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, a signing bonus of $25,000,000, a roster bonus of $500,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,000,000 and a dead cap value of $45,125,000.

Foles won the Super Bowl and has made the Pro Bowl. Dark isn't worth more than Foles.
Foles agent is horrible or just 8 teams that don't know that rings determines pay.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

There's incentives in the deal for Nick Foles that push it over 100 million. Dak has more value because he shown he can play a 16 game schedule, and do so with consistency, and durability

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Correction, Nick Foles won the Super Bowl and was Super Bowl MVP. Nick Foles also made the pro bowl and was Pro Bowl MVP.

Just making sure everyone was on the same page.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How do you guys not get it? Even if Jerry has all the money in the world, it doesn't mean he can spend it all at one time. The team has to manage the cap. Clearly, and you point it out in your post, Dak is not going to sign for 30. Aamri is not going to sign for 17. What does that tell us? If we want to sign them, they are going to demand more then that and who knows how much more that might be? By just demanding a new contract this year, Zeke is screwing the team. There is no doubt that Zeke was going to get paid, Jerry himself, said so. But you can't give all of these guys top contracts. I mean, I asked this question previously but I don't think anybody responded. Has there ever been a team in the NFL who had the highest paid QB, highest paid WR and highest paid RB all with new contracts in the same year? It's just not done. And for the record, no the Emmitt deal doesn't sound familiar at all. It was not in the Salary Cap era so the dynamics are completely different. Stop with that please. This is about money and how much you can spend. This is not about the money IMO. This is about timing. Zeke want to be paid early and he knows full well that Dak and Cooper must get signed this year or they go into FA. What he is trying to force here, IMO, is a situation where the Cowboy have to use the Franchise Tag on Dak so that it is not available for him. That's what's really going on IMO.

sounds like a Dak and Amari issue if that not good enough..30 is way more then Dak is truly worth and 17 for Amari is moe then fair given hes also outside the top 10 in production..sorry but giving

30 to dak
17to amari
15 to Zeke isnt having top paid at 3 positions

that would be 35, 20, 15 you need a calculator?

when Tank got 21 and he might not be the best on Defense and Zeke is the best skill player on the tam and has the stats and hardware to prove it, add not injury prone and Tank is, hmm Zeke would be 4th on team in salary correct even at 15?

anyone who keeps saying hes a RB blah blah blah he can FOR SURE play 3 more years at a very high level , so 2 yr redone 2 years added 3 guaranteed, why not he will perform to that level.. will tank be 21 dak 30 and Amari 17 going to live up to those number..i say no..

conundrum, yes.. this is tough but in order to get them all in Dak and Amari should take 30 and 17 its ridiculous to say they wont or shouldnt..

Yes I was talking familiarity with the hold out getting way more flak on Zeke when Smith did it once before he even played a snap for the Cowboys, threatened to go back to school because he was unhappy where he was drafted and the salary he was offered then again after only 3yrs playing, noone is mentioning that ,they are defending it..Yet Ellitot does it after 3yrs and hes being condemned..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Foles wasn't average. He absolutely lit up the league six years ago with his 27 touchdown passes and just two interceptions; one of the best such TD:INT ratios for any quarterback in league history. I rather wish we had him in Dallas, all the more so him being a native Texan.

Yes, he had a very good season in 2013, but is it really right to cite that as his standard while ignoring 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 prior to the playoffs? The reality is his 7 year career is highlighted by a strong 2013, and a strong playoff run in 2017, but the vast majority of the time he was either a starter struggling to hold his job, and mostly losing the struggle, or a backup.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Correction, Nick Foles won the Super Bowl and was Super Bowl MVP. Nick Foles also made the pro bowl and was Pro Bowl MVP.

Just making sure everyone was on the same page.

It pains me to say so, but Foles achieved all that with a superior coaching staff and supporting cast in Philly. He's going to have neither in Jacksonville and I think they will regret the money they just threw at him.

Let's face it, that 2017 Eagles team was loaded and it would have cruised to the title whether their QB was Wentz, Foles, Dak, or an un-retired McNabb.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Everyone talks about Dak's so called accuracy.

Foles career - 61.6% completion.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
sounds like a Dak and Amari issue if that not good enough..30 is way more then Dak is truly worth and 17 for Amari is moe then fair given hes also outside the top 10 in production..sorry but giving

30 to dak
17to amari
15 to Zeke isnt having top paid at 3 positions

that would be 35, 20, 15 you need a calculator?

when Tank got 21 and he might not be the best on Defense and Zeke is the best skill player on the tam and has the stats and hardware to prove it, add not injury prone and Tank is, hmm Zeke would be 4th on team in salary correct even at 15?

anyone who keeps saying hes a RB blah blah blah he can FOR SURE play 3 more years at a very high level , so 2 yr redone 2 years added 3 guaranteed, why not he will perform to that level.. will tank be 21 dak 30 and Amari 17 going to live up to those number..i say no..

conundrum, yes.. this is tough but in order to get them all in Dak and Amari should take 30 and 17 its ridiculous to say they wont or shouldnt..

Yes I was talking familiarity with the hold out getting way more flak on Zeke when Smith did it once before he even played a snap for the Cowboys, threatened to go back to school because he was unhappy where he was drafted and the salary he was offered then again after only 3yrs playing, noone is mentioning that ,they are defending it..Yet Ellitot does it after 3yrs and hes being condemned..

First of all, you have it wrong. It's not 30 and 17, those are the contract offers that each player has refused. So whatever those numbers are, it sounds to me like they are going to be 30 and 17 if they are truthful about not signing and we want a deal. I mean, this isn't about who's better or whatever. This is about the facts of how things work. Dak is the most important player and he gets done before anybody else, he gets paid more, he is the most important. Cooper gets done because he's in his last year and you definitely don't want to get him into FA where you have to bid for his services. We will end up paying a fortune for him. Zeke is last on the totem pole so to me, it really sounds like it's Zeke who is left in the cold by demanding a contract this year.

You don't have to believe this but that's how I see it. I mean, it only makes sense. Seems like everybody doesn't get the dynamics involved. The more you have to put out, the more critical it is to get done and the easier it is to push out the smaller dollar value. Cowboys have to address Dak and Cooper. They are hitting FA . Zeke is going to either accept what the Cowboys offer this year or sit and wait. I think that's whats going to happen and it has nothing to do with who is more productive.