How is Dak worth more than Nick Foles?

GenoT

Reaction score
If you look at his career, it appears that no one — including, at one point, himself — was ever completely all-in on Nick Foles being a franchise-level QB. Even though he led the Eagles’ 2017 team (admittedly, a superior team before Foles took over) to a SB victory, he was never gonna compete with, much less replace, Carson Wentz in Philly.

Contrast that to Jerry Jones who, since the 2016 season, has been 100% sold on Dak Prescott as being the Cowboys’ now-and-future franchise QB. Age and injuries to Tony Romo notwithstanding, by midway through that 2016 season, Jerry made it clear that, even after Romo was cleared to return, going forward, the QB job belonged to Dak.

Different perceptions equal different salary offers.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Correction, Nick Foles won the Super Bowl and was Super Bowl MVP. Nick Foles also made the pro bowl and was Pro Bowl MVP.

Just making sure everyone was on the same page.
This Pro Bowl argument is silly. Foles made the Pro-Bowl one time in his 7 year career, and that was 6 years ago. If Pro Bowls matter, Dak has the upper hand because he has been to 2 in the last 3 years, and it doesn't require relying on ancient history to find them.

And the Super Bowl was big for Foles, no doubt, but it was one game out of a 7 year career, and the playoff run was 3 games out of a 7 year career.

How much does it really make sense to say 1 season 6 years ago and 3 games 2 years ago define who he is, and the other 80% of his career doesn't apply?

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Foles wasn't average. He absolutely lit up the league six years ago with his 27 touchdown passes and just two interceptions; one of the best such TD:INT ratios for any quarterback in league history. I rather wish we had him in Dallas, all the more so him being a native Texan.

Foles career 61.6% completions = average.

Nav22

Reaction score
Threads like this make me smile. They warm my soul.

Dak IS worth more than Nick Foles. His contract will soon bear that out.

Then the OP and the anti-Dak troglodytes will have their lips quivering with sadness. They’ll be furrowing their brows in a vain attempt to understand football.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Dak has ten times the potential of old played out Nick Foles. Plus, he is a Dallas Cowboy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nick Foles was an average QB until he won SB MVP. It will be interesting to see what he does this year.

Foles is a gamer. He reminds me of Jim Plunket. Not a great regular season guy but able to raise his game when the stakes were highest. Not a bad kind of QB to have on the roster. And make no mistake, Philly does not sniff a super bowl if Foles didn't raise his game to a pro bowl level.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well only Dak knows his potential anyways.

I'm sure Dak believes he can do everything Tom Brady does. Part of being an elite athlete is controlling self doubt. Only folks with no stake in his future can be truly objective. Thats why I tend to stick to outside opinions and let the stats do the talking. Stats say he's an average NFL QB.......which pretty much confirms everything I see on the field.

basel90

Reaction score
It’s crazy to offer him top 5 money . Even zeke , with hi issues is a risk .

I think these players think Jerry will cave . Hope he doesn’t .

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'm sure Dak believes he can do everything Tom Brady does. Part of being an elite athlete is controlling self doubt. Only folks with no stake in his future can be truly objective. Thats why I tend to stick to outside opinions and let the stats do the talking. Stats say he's an average NFL QB.......which pretty much confirms everything I see on the field.

Stats say he's an average NFL QB - W R O N G.
71.6% completions with Cooper in lineup, stats say otherwise.