How is everyone feeling about Bland?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
How's everyone feeling about this young man, what a good game, keep on playing well. It's good to see them giving him a chance. Nice to see that he's not just a camp/pre season star, he's actually making plays when given the opportunity!!

Please give your thoughts

When a 5th round, small school guy makes the team and then has the audacity to play with some dawg what’s not to like? Is he Reavis, who knows but he is a CB with some attitude and upside. In this league you can’t have enough of those guys. 5th rounder. This 2022 draft looks epic.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Unofficially. But as we all know Jerry has the last say so on draft picks. Y’all love to bash him when things are bad, but it’s always somebody else’s fault when it’s good.

If the roster was bad, ppl would blame Jerry for hiring McClay and sticking with him. Keep the same energy

No one should hate on McClay.

He is the least of the problems on Cowboys FO.

That was a real roundabout way to try and give Jerry credit.

mrmojo

Reaction score
He played good, good anticipation on that interception. But once Lewis is ready he will be back on bench unfortunately

lqmac1

Reaction score
No one should hate on McClay.

He is the least of the problems on Cowboys FO.

That was a real roundabout way to try and give Jerry credit.
Not really. When we’ve had bad rosters even with McClay, everybody blamed Jerry wanting to “make a splash“ in the draft which he never did.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I said it in the game thread before he made the pick that I want Bland starting over Lewis.

Not a fan of Lewis. I'm guessing he must have the coaches trust which is nice, but he's not a net positive player. He ends up far too much on the negative side of plays than he does making a positive contribution. Beyond that he's just physically limited; short and slow (relatively speaking).

On that jump ball in the endzone that Bland contested and McClaurin couldn't pull down, does any think Lewis would have even been in the same time zone?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I was just telling my buddy that we needed to put him in the game. Then they put him in and he came away with an interception a few plays later.

Iago33

Reaction score
I was just telling my buddy that we needed to put him in the game. Then they put him in and he came away with an interception a few plays later.
He played all game (in nickel).

RS12

Reaction score
Teams need to hit on low draft picks and UDFAs. Cheap labor has to come from somewhere.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’ll tell you one thing… You better not go down with injury on this roster. Everybody can ball.

Speaking of “giving credit”… GM gets no love for putting this roster together? Are we only blaming and not praising him?

ok, ok... let me handle this for all the negative ones.

"Why should we give him any credit? What has he done for 25 years?"

There, we can move on now.

75boyz

Reaction score
I saw in preseason how he out played both last year's 2 corners in Wright(3rd rd)and Joseph (2nd rd).

Glad to see the coaching staff let the UDFA rookie get the snaps that he earned over the higher draft selected 2nd year guys.

Not sure how they slipped that one past Coach Jerry but I'm glad they did.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
How's everyone feeling about this young man, what a good game, keep on playing well. It's good to see them giving him a chance. Nice to see that he's not just a camp/pre season star, he's actually making plays when given the opportunity!!

Please give your thoughts
Pretty good.
He was solid yesterday.