How long before the Cowboys win a SB?

Sydla

Reaction score
I hope soon, but I just don't see it. Not with this staff and with these receivers and secondary. That said, we're only two or three moves away. I hope it happens, hate being negative.

I’d say roster wise we are an upper echelon WR, high level DT and Playmaking S from being a legit contender.........

With the right coaching staff which I don’t believe we have.

tico

Reaction score
5+ years if we keep Garrett beyond next season.

Less than 5 if they fire Garrett within the next 12 months and hire a legitimately competent head coach.
Yup yup.. He CAN'T win at that level, we can be up in the half & for example Bill. B would come out & destroy Garrett's predictable offense. Garrett does not adjust it have the knowledge to coach at that level period!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Not happening this year. Have to see how good they do this year and what they do in the off season. Could possibly be next year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Alright here is your super duper glass half full reason why it will happen. The "process" is almost complete. We have a very good, young, talented, athletic roster that is going to be in a position to compete every year. Our cap is relatively healthy.

Garrett has learned on the job. Everyone wants to focus on Garrett's gaffes (time management, lack of in game adjustments--which are legit), but Garrett has learned from his mistakes. He has assembled a very good team.

Garrett has eliminated distractions. He is able to coexist with Jerry and Co. He is getting a stranglehold on the locker room getting rid of Dez.

Elliott will be available all year. We have talent and depth pretty much throughout the team othe than 1 Tech. This defense should be legitimate for the first time in several years.

Buckle up. This could be the year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Every team in the league will have a few holes. Some would argue we have a joke at safety and 1tech. We don't have much depth at either spot, but like I said, every team will have holes. We just have to find a way to hide the holes and make due at a couple of positions.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'll wait to see how they do this season. Let's see how the last two drafts have improved this team. If we wet the bed again at 8-8 it could be a very long time.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't rightly know..... I guess it depends on when that contract with Old Scratch is up.

aria

Reaction score
I wish I was as optimistic as some of you, there’s a lot of questions on this roster and think I some people are over valuing the talent, or lack thereof, on this team. I was more optimistic about last season and was obviously wrong so hopefully I’m wrong again since I’m more pessimistic this year.

About the only sure thing is our O line and running game and that can only carry us so far.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will win a Super Bowl within the next three years and could be as soon at this year. In fact I'll be a bit surprised if they don't win one within 3 years and at least appear in the SB twice within the next five years.

Pencil in 2020.
By then blokes, we should have a credible secondary and a good to great receivers corps.
I had hoped for 2019 but was too hasty, govnor.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That's right! You don't know!!!
Did she call you? Will I be able to call you stepdad?

GTB, we've been over this. No matter how intriguing the notion, your Mum is much too intelligent a human being, to ever stoop to such depths.

Besides, I already got 4 kids that don't hardly listen to anything I say.

:laugh:

GenoT

Reaction score
My fear is that, with this FO being comfortably coupled with the current Garrett / Linehan / Marinelli triumvirate, it’s gonna take more sheer luck than the average NFL franchise is afforded in any one season.

Hope I’m wrong...but I doubt it.