How long do you think players have felt this way about Dak?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Then why is Dak demanding to be paid like he's an elite guy who can carry a team?

Until that changes, I (and many others) will rightfully expect him to perform at a level commensurate with his pay scale
because just like after every game "we'll watch film, and we'll get better!'

CCBoy

Reaction score
every season is a success and they're hopeful and praise everything!!
Not at all, they accept failures. Admit them, then work to change weaker elements, each and every season. Your complaint is upon something else. That is yours, not theirs. No come back and in effect say you just want make everything on three whipping boy excuses and I just don't understand and leave a label.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It is all knee jerk reactions by fans and family who don’t know what to do but blame the QB.
The defense allowed GB to score TDs on 6 of their first 7 possessions with almost no resistance, so don’t even try with some BS farce about our defense. We had no run game all year; not one single game where we got a RB 100 yards. The worst interior defense in the NFL by my eye.

Dak did not rise above it and find a way to match GBs offense….thats a fact. But where were all these family members when Dallas was setting scoring records and Lamb was finally making his career in a contract year thanks to Dak getting the ball to him this season, again, without any balance to the offense.

After that GB loss, the complaining fans and the complaining families would be attacking the QB no matter who it was because that’s all they know. The stupid lines like “the QB has to make us better than we are and overcome” and “the QB should be able to do it without a defense or run game because of his salary” are just frustrated fans. I’ve been saying it forever. Dak is an above average QB, which is good enough in the NFL if the team is good. Balance on offense and a solid defense are required. Show me a team that’s still playing that doesn’t have a balanced offense and a solid defense.

CCBoy

Reaction score
because just like after every game "we'll watch film, and we'll get better!'
You left out the productive and then practice, practice, practice...when all one presents here is: Losers! I know, go ahead and throw things from the end zone to break up opponent touchdown passes... singing: what cha' gona' do, what cha' gona' do, looooo sa'!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not at all, they accept failures. Admit them, then work to change weaker elements, each and every season. Your complaint is upon something else. That is yours, not theirs. No come back and in effect say you just want make everything on three whipping boy excuses and I just don't understand and leave a label.
In other words, don't want to

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How long do you think these players and their families have had this resentment towards Dak? Is it just because of the playoff game(s), or were there issues kept on hush during the season, and the playoff game was the final straw?? If this has been brewing for some time, what can be done to calm it??
If they have felt like that, they haven't been going out with confidence....that make them part of the problem

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
its not an insult when he totally disappeared in the most important game of the year. he had 1 tackle and 1 assist. if he is a generational talent as you said, then he should have produced. he is even a bigger culprit given he is a generational talent. nobody ever called Dak generational talent.
If the Cowboys move on from Dak then they move on from Dak. That isn't even the main point I'm trying to make in this thread. Because apart from Dak I'm not for a team filled with players who will point the fingers and avoid holding themselves accountable or looking at themselves. When they know for a fact that their side of the ball played like trash in a big game and they as individual players disappeared and was a no show in a postseason game in which no one on the offensive or defensive side of the ball played well in.

What happens if Dak leaves and the next Cowboys QB comes in and the team hits a rough patch or still fails to advance deeply into the playoffs. Will those same players be pointing the finger at the new Cowboys QB and avoid accountability for their role in the rough path the Cowboys have hit or their role in the Cowboys failing to advance deeply in the playoffs?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Then why is Dak demanding to be paid like he's an elite guy who can carry a team?

Until that changes, I (and many others) will rightfully expect him to perform at a level commensurate with his pay scale

SO when Parsons gets paid which most likely will be the highest defensive player in the NFL when his contract comes up. We should expect him to step up on the defensive side of the ball and do his part against the top offenses and QBs in the NFL and do his part in the playoffs to stop and limit opposing QBs and offenses. And shouldn't allow him to get by on wanting to be paid a ton of money. Yet not wanting to take accountability for his own individual pay when it comes to playoff time.

He wants to be paid like a top defender. Yet wants all of the scrutiny and blame to fall only on Dak in a game the defense played horribly in.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
SO when Parsons gets paid which most likely will be the highest defensive player in the NFL when his contract comes up. We should expect him to step up on the defensive side of the ball and do his part against the top offenses and QBs in the NFL and do his part in the playoffs to stop and limit opposing QBs and offenses.
Yes. Absolutely.

Funny thing is, Parsons isn't getting paid like that, yet, and you guys are already demanding this type of performance from him.

while giving Mr. $40 million (soon to be 60 million) a year, a complete pass.
Talk about inconsistency. I guess Dak gets it from his fans. :muttley:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
SO when Parsons gets paid which most likely will be the highest defensive player in the NFL when his contract comes up. We should expect him to step up on the defensive side of the ball and do his part against the top offenses and QBs in the NFL and do his part in the playoffs to stop and limit opposing QBs and offenses. And shouldn't allow him to get by on wanting to be paid a ton of money. Yet not wanting to take accountability for his own individual pay when it comes to playoff time.

He wants to be paid like a top defender. Yet wants all of the scrutiny and blame to fall only on Dak in a game the defense played horribly in.
naw I expect him to want the other guys to carry him, and to have the best players all around him so he performs up to the highest.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yes. Absolutely.

Funny thing is, Parsons isn't getting paid like that, yet, and you guys are already demanding this type of performance from him.

while giving Mr. $40 million (soon to be 60 million) a year, a complete pass.
Talk about inconsistency. I guess Dak gets it from his fans. :muttley:

Who says I have given Dak a complete free pass? I listed him as one of the main ones accountable for the Cowboys poor performance against the Packers. And suggested that he should ask for a trade away from this team if he can't get the job done and the pressure of the Cowboys QB is too much for him.

Does not mean that I'm okay with other players on the team wanting to be paid like the top players of their position and yet not wanting to take accountability as a individual player for how they decide to show up and play in the postseason. So the Cowboys are filled with a bunch of players who will want their pay checks and want to be viewed as the best and most elite players of their positions. Yet only wants to point the finger at one guy when the team gets blown out and no one can honestly say that they stepped up with their best efforts or executed on their part during a game in which their team got blown out.

Dak having a horrible game and several horrible games in the playoffs. Parsons is suppose to be the leader of the defense and leaders don't play put the all responsibility of their side of the ball playing badly on one guy in the offensive side of the ball. Dak had a terrible game. Doesn't excuse the defense or the rest of the team from playing horribly. Especially a defense who has been a no show in the playoffs themselves outside of the 49ers game last season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I will give you that. Most of the team quit. Dak kept playing but unfortunately it was too little too late. But him and Ferguson were still putting effort into it.
If the whole team gave full effort from start to finish, end results would be much better. That's a coaching and General Manager problem. They have these players too spoiled.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Dak or better say his agent is going to ask for what he is going to ask. He is not the first player to do that. Jerry has a choice. We complain about Dak, yet we want him to take less and somehow everyone feels better that the player they think sucks and won't help the team succeed making less is going to make it better......

Makes no sense