How Long does Moore get a free ride?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It was fun. One of the most impressive performances on opening day in years.

We’ll have some bigger test coming up in October. Our easiest part of schedule in September.

Even after one game it should be apparent how lacking Garrett is with the offense. Moore is taking Garretts general offense and doing everything to it that Garrett never could. And its not only that, the way he calls the plays, draws them up, window dressing.

Are you embarrassed at all for Garrett?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Even after one game it should be apparent how lacking Garrett is with the offense. Moore is taking Garretts general offense and doing everything to it that Garrett never could. And its not only that, the way he calls the plays, draws them up, window dressing.

Are you embarrassed at all for Garrett?
Not at all. It’s Garrett offense after all which has been top 10 most years whenever we’d had the talent to execute it.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the game is that Dak keyed in on his first read a little too much. If teams are able to figure that out and bait him into throws, that would be one way to counter it.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Sunday was fun. It was a long time coming. My main question is how much film does teams need to slow it down? Does our Cowboys have enough talent to keep changing and keep teams off balance or are we watching a one trick pony? I need some film guys for this one.
From what I understand from watching a much younger Kellen Moore with Gruden he says that a lot of formations can be run for the same exact plays just dressed up differently. So I suppose until DC's get all the dressings down pat for the entire playbook it will present them a problem as well as any concrete tendencies he may have. Till then enjoy all the tricks of the pony. LOL

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Sunday was fun. It was a long time coming. My main question is how much film does teams need to slow it down? Does our Cowboys have enough talent to keep changing and keep teams off balance or are we watching a one trick pony? I need some film guys for this one.
Hopefully kellen will change each week based on the team they are playing, and then adjust plays
for what he sees during the game.
If he does that, having film on him wont really help other defenses.

I know dak got excited on the witten td, and went straight to kellen on sidelines and hit him lol, like
kellen had said that would work like that and it did.

I think the next 2 games with so so teams, and then the NO game will be interesting to see
If cowboys offense can continue to impress.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean because he looks like he’s under 6 years old and kids get to ride free?

Sammy

Reaction score
The Cowboys should make sure Kellen is video'd often on the sidelines. Distract the other team by making them think about having a pizza delivered. Kellen ain't no one trick pony!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have been making the same argument. out of the gate, what he is doing is hard to defend, but give DCs 8-10 game tapes and they start to figure out some tendencies....so its how Moore responds to the DCs adjustments that's going to be key for his success.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have been making the same argument. out of the gate, what he is doing is hard to defend, but give DCs 8-10 game tapes and they start to figure out some tendencies....so its how Moore responds to the DCs adjustments that's going to be key for his success.
Yea, it’s like what happened to Dak his Rookie season. Defenses started figuring out his tendencies.

I think the bigger factor is the talent we’ve added and OL is healthy . Moore made some good play calling but we’ll see once we start playing Elite teams.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Free Ride? The hell?! Does this mean something different to the OP than it does to me?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not at all. It’s Garrett offense after all which has been top 10 most years whenever we’d had the talent to execute it.

Maybe by the end of the season when its a little more obvious. Until then I will be embarrassed for you.

So if Garrett was so great then why was Linehan brought in? Why was Garrett not given back play calling duties after the firing? Why is Moore the OC and not Garrett? If Garrett was so great as you claim.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well you should be. Maybe by the end of the season when its a little more obvious.
As I’ve maintained today, it’s only one game. I’ll leave my final conclusions until end of the season.

What’s obvious to me now is the talent we’ve added and OL healthy . And a weak opponent. The play calling appeared good as well. But Dak looked like an Elite QB too which we know he isn’t.?

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As I’ve maintained today, it’s only one game. I’ll leave my final conclusions until end of the season or January.

I understand. Some need an entire season. I'm saying it right now from just one game. Moore is the real deal. He is the anti Garrett. He is everything that Garrett was supposed to be and never was. An offensive genius. An up and coming offensive mind in the NFL.

Early, strong opinions like this will rub some the wrong way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand. Some need an entire season. I'm saying it right now from just one game. Moore is the real deal. He is the anti Garrett. He is everything that Garrett was supposed to be and never was. An offensive genius. An up and coming offensive mind in the NFL.

Early, strong opinions like this will rub some the wrong way.
You're certainly entitled to your opinions but it’s premature to label Moore a genius just yet.

I think some of us are simply getting caught up in the hoopla which is understandable. We are desperate fans looking for more success in this dysfunctional organization.

And using terms like “ anti Garrett” is clearly agenda driven.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're certainly entitled to your opinions but it’s premature to label Moore a genius just yet.

I think some of us are simply getting caught up in the hoopla which is understandable. We are desperate fans looking for more success in this dysfunctional organization.

Again, its too early for someone like you.

Garrett, Dak, Romo, Taco, Chaz Green.......are just a few of the ones that were obvious from the beginning how good or bad they were.

Its obvious to me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again, its too early for someone like you.

Garrett, Dak, Romo, Taco, Chaz Green.......are just a few of the ones that were obvious from the beginning how good or bad they were.

Its obvious to me.
Anyone drawing conclusions after one game isn’t a sound evaluation IMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Moore got off to a great start. Looks very promising. But I wouldn’t label him genius just yet. Let’s see how it plays out.

I wanna see how he adjust against tougher teams and adversities like a key injury. Needing to come back in 4th qtr or closing seconds. The playoffs.