How long until Belichick is considered the greatest ever?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Now I know many of you will go crazy praising Landry but Belichick's accomplishments are becoming undeniable, he he continually built good teams for over a decade now. He has replaced great players time and time again with ease with the prowess in the draft room. He has shown on the field that he is unparalleled and he has shown that he can replace a key player, no matter who they are, without trouble.

I truly believe that it is just a matter of a few years until he is unanimously viewed as the greatest coach of all time. So when does he officially become the greatest coach of all time in the minds of fans? or if he even will. He's already top 3 and if you try to deny that you really are just being ignorant.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Vertigo_17;4372612 said:
Greatest all time? Not sure about that, but a good coach for sure

There is a list of maybe 4 people that can be compared to him, and he's not done yet.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He's top 5, but not greatest ever and never will be considered that unless he wins like 5 or 6 Super Bowls.

rojan

Reaction score
If he wins another superbowl he will be in the conversation.
If he wins 2 or more he will stand alone on top.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
He needs to win a SB w/o Brady IMO.
And w/o cheating.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4372626 said:
He's top 5, but not greatest ever and never will be considered that unless he wins like 5 or 6 Super Bowls.

Or until he wins something without Tom Brady as his QB.

Failure in Cleveland. Started awful in New England. Then Brady arrived and he turned into the GOAT.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
IAMKING;4372624 said:
No Super Bowl wins since they found the hidden cameras

Zero playoff wins since defenses were able to adjust their nomenclature for their playcalls.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SaltwaterServr;4372654 said:
Zero playoff wins since defenses were able to adjust their nomenclature for their playcalls.

Props for making me look up "nomenclature".

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4372607 said:
Now I know many of you will go crazy praising Landry but Belichick's accomplishments are becoming undeniable, he he continually built good teams for over a decade now. He has replaced great players time and time again with ease with the prowess in the draft room. He has shown on the field that he is unparalleled and he has shown that he can replace a key player, no matter who they are, without trouble.

I truly believe that it is just a matter of a few years until he is unanimously viewed as the greatest coach of all time. So when does he officially become the greatest coach of all time in the minds of fans? or if he even will. He's already top 3 and if you try to deny that you really are just being ignorant.

Spoken like someone who's NFL knowledge started in 2000.

Do any of these names ring a bell:

Paul Brown
Don Shula
Chuck Noll
Curly Lambeau
George Halas
Bill Walsh
Vince Lombardi

He's not close to the accomplishments of anyone listed above. And I left out quite a few others, such as Landry, Madden, Gillman and Allen, whom I would also put above Belichick.

Top ten, maybe, but doubtful.

Top five, laughable.

Greatest of all time???? Put the pipe down.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IAMKING;4372661 said:
I'm lazy. Can I get a copy and paste of your research?

no·men·cla·ture

noun
1. a set or system of names or terms, as those used in a particular science or art, by an individual or community, etc.

2. the names or terms comprising a set or system.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Risen Star;4372653 said:
Or until he wins something without Tom Brady as his QB.

Failure in Cleveland. Started awful in New England. Then Brady arrived and he turned into the GOAT.

I agree with the winning without Tom Brady part. However not the insinuation that he is not a good coach and that he owes all his wins to Brady.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
he is a great coach.

no doubt.

the man knows how to churn a roster and draft very well year after year.

he has a great understanding of this game.

when he and coughlin retire...we will lose two of the last old school coaches that are left in the nfl.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
baj1dallas;4372668 said:
I agree with the winning without Tom Brady part. However not the insinuation that he is not a good coach and that he owes all his wins to Brady.

I think he's a good coach but I also think Brady may make him look better than he is.

If he can win big without Brady I'd put him right up there with anyone. Until he does, he's a good coach who won with the greatest QB and didn't do anything without him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, I'm not making it up. He failed and got fired in Cleveland. He went 5-11 his first year in New England. Started his 2nd year either 1-2 or 1-3 (not looking it up), then Bledsoe went down and gave way to Brady.

He's had the midas touch ever since.