How long until Belichick is considered the greatest ever?

nathanlt

Reaction score
Rogah;4384803 said:
Well I gave you a chance to retract it because it's a stupid statement but if that's your position, so be it. Of course, saying a camera 50 feet out of position in a game witnessed by millions of people is as heinous of a violation of the rules as sending a hitman to whack your opponent's knee makes you look pretty foolish.

May your Patriots cross the 16 yard line many times on Sunday. Don't let the reality of the actual score take your happiness.

:lmao2:

nathanlt

Reaction score
Rogah;4384803 said:
Of course, saying a camera DELIBERATELY 50 feet out of position WITH MALICIOUS INTENT TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE, and in essence, FIX a game witnessed by millions of PAYING CUSTOMERS is as heinous of a violation of the rules as sending a hitman to whack your opponent's knee and FIX THE OUTCOME actually is similar.

As you can see, you left out a few descriptions.

Once you've intentionally broken the rules, you've violated the trust of all those who've paid to see it, whether at the game, buying a jersey, or paying the cable/satellite bill.

It's NOT a matter of what degree the rules have been broken, (it's subjective anyway) It's the intent behind them. And Belichek was intentional in his actions.

Rogah

Reaction score
nathanlt;4385370 said:
As you can see, you left out a few descriptions.

Once you've intentionally broken the rules, you've violated the trust of all those who've paid to see it, whether at the game, buying a jersey, or paying the cable/satellite bill.

It's NOT a matter of what degree the rules have been broken, (it's subjective anyway) It's the intent behind them. And Belichek was intentional in his actions.
Wow. Taking the words I said and changing them when you quote me. I didn't realize I was discussing this matter with a 2nd grader. One could almost consider that sort of thing "cheating."

Obviously you can't logically debate my arguments as I've presented them so you have to deliberately misquote me and respond to what you're pretending I've said instead of what I actually said.

That's point, set, match: Rogah.

Rogah

Reaction score
nathanlt;4385293 said:
I believe the totally moronic argument that a camera 50 feet out of position is just as bad as sending a hitman after your opponent!
See I can do it too. :rolleyes:

Now if you wish to continue discussing this as an adult, please feel free. If you wish to play these silly immature games of rewriting what someone else wrote, then please continue showing the whole forum how juvenile you wish to behave. Although your actions in this thread have demonstrated how you wish to behave, so I now leave you to have that last word which you're clearly obsessed with having. After all, most 2nd graders believe that whomever has the last word has "won the argument". So here's your chance, Sparky! 3....2.....1........

nathanlt

Reaction score
Rogah;4385698 said:
Wow. Taking the words I said and changing them when you quote me. I didn't realize I was discussing this matter with a 2nd grader. One could almost consider that sort of thing "cheating."

Obviously you can't logically debate my arguments as I've presented them so you have to deliberately misquote me and respond to what you're pretending I've said instead of what I actually said.

That's point, set, match: Rogah.

You weren't quoting how I connected all forms of intentionally breaking the rules. You were minimizing and rationalizing what Belicheck did. It was not an honest mistake of misplacing a camera. It was DELIBERATE, and you have never disagreed on that point.

I changed the words to demonstrate how similar the cheating is. I removed the rationalization.

Look, I don't know why you are promoting Belicheck on a Dallas Cowboys board. Go to a Patriots board, and you will get your accolades.

If you don't mind getting crushed, keep on minimizing Belicheck's malicous attempts to fix the games the Patriots played in.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
and now I reiterate my point. How long until he is considered the greatest ever?

Patriots to the superbowl.

Rogah

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4390003 said:
and now I reiterate my point. How long until he is considered the greatest
Probably about 14 days...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Rogah;4390814 said:
Probably about 14 days...

If he wins' it after rebuilding the team, losing Moss, Seymour and more and barely missing a beat it can't really be denied. He would be the greatest in my mind with a win in the Superbowl.

rkell87

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4391413 said:
If he wins' it after rebuilding the team, losing Moss, Seymour and more and barely missing a beat it can't really be denied. He would be the greatest in my mind with a win in the Superbowl.

good for you, glad to know integrity means nothing to you

now will you let this ****ing thread die

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4391413 said:

I still can't consider him the GOAT. He would have to either win five Super Bowls (surpassing Chuck Nolls) or, more importantly, he would have to take a team without Brady as quarterback to a Super Bowl win.

The key to multiple Super Bowl wins is the quarterback. And Brady is one of the greatest of all times. Is it really Belichick's coaching or is it Brady?

Tricericon

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4391619 said:
I still can't consider him the GOAT. He would have to either win five Super Bowls (surpassing Chuck Nolls) or, more importantly, he would have to take a team without Brady as quarterback to a Super Bowl win.

The key to multiple Super Bowl wins is the quarterback. And Brady is one of the greatest of all times. Is it really Belichick's coaching or is it Brady?

Yeah, I don't think a coach can be considered GOAT unless he's built legit Super Bowl contenders around multiple talent cores. The only good candidates IMO are Landry, Shula, and Parcells. Belichick is as close behind as anyone else, and can move into that club if he wins one post-Brady.

mldardy

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4391619 said:

I know it's probably been said somewhere in this thread but there is no way I can consider Belichek the greatest for the reasons mentioned with Spygate and the tuck rule break that they got. The Pats needs breaks and assistance to accomplish their championships that cloud will always hang over them somewhere when talking about their story.

Tricericon

Reaction score
mldardy;4391665 said:
I know it's probably been said somewhere in this thread but there is no way I can consider Belichek the greatest for the reasons mentioned with Spygate and the tuck rule break that they got. The Pats needs breaks and assistance to accomplish their championships that cloud will always hang over them somewhere when talking about their story.

Show me a team that got no breaks and still won a Super Bowl.

Here's a clue: there are none. Ya gotta be lucky and good - unless you are the Giants, then you can get away with just lucky.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Fat Toad;4391652 said:
Yeah, I don't think a coach can be considered GOAT unless he's built legit Super Bowl contenders around multiple talent cores. The only good candidates IMO are Landry, Shula, and Parcells. Belichick is as close behind as anyone else, and can move into that club if he wins one post-Brady.

Did you even read what you wrote here ?

I don't see Parcells as legit. Shula gave up running the ball once he had Marino.

Landry certainly is one of the best. Top 5 easily.

Lil' Bill has done it with a changing cast at every position but QB, and young up and coming players, or throw away older players. I can't stand the Pats, but not because of their team. The team has been amazing over the past decade.

I would like to see him do it without Brady, but I feel like it is not going to happen.

Bloodbunny

Reaction score
No Bill Walsh in this discussion? I know he's a sore spot because of 81' but he won 4 Super Bowls with little continuity between the first 2 and last 2 other than Montana, and it was his team that won again in 94', Seifert was just the bus driver.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Bloodbunny;4391763 said:
No Bill Walsh in this discussion? I know he's a sore spot because of 81' but he won 4 Super Bowls with little continuity between the first 2 and last 2 other than Montana, and it was his team that won again in 94', Seifert was just the bus driver.
Walsh won 3 SBs. Seifert won 2.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
mldardy;4391665 said:

The same could be said about the Hail Mary. Minnesota Vikings, to this day, swear Drew Pearson pushed off.

And what about the Immaculate Reception?

It seems that great teams tend to benefit from fluky plays. I can't hold that against them.

Personally, I believe Joe Gibbs is really underrated. He may have ruined his reputation by re-entering coaching after retirement. But what he did winning Super Bowls with Joe Theismann, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien with few Hall of Famers is very, very impressive.

mldardy

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4392194 said:
The same could be said about the Hail Mary. Minnesota Vikings, to this day, swear Drew Pearson pushed off.

And what about the Immaculate Reception?

It seems that great teams tend to benefit from fluky plays. I can't hold that against them.

Personally, I believe Joe Gibbs is really underrated. He may have ruined his reputation by re-entering coaching after retirement. But what he did winning Super Bowls with Joe Theismann, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien with few Hall of Famers is very, very impressive.
No the same can't be said about the Hail Mary because we didn't go on to win the Super Bowl and any of those other examples you mentioned because we aren't have a debate on whether those teams are the greatest.