How long until Kellen Moore is gone?

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
He probably has a year left on his contract. He will be around in some capacity for another year. Kind of like he was around in some capacity this past season.......;)

nobody

Reaction score
Funny, I was listening to Sirius radio before and two talking head were saying that the Cowboys love Moore because he is very bright. They think he has a great future as a coach. The same two guys were speculating that the Cowboys may make Moore the new OC to replace Linehan. They insinuated Moore has Head Coach potential and making him OC wouldget his path to that position started.

Remember the last QB coach that got a way too early promotion to OC and then HC and was labelled a "genius" by this front office? How's that working out?

Moore needs to hit the road like his mentor Linehan.

jsb357

Reaction score
blasphemy!

he's gonna be the next OC

:muttley:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's funny, my Son hates this hire. Me, I'm kinda on the fence here. Moore was not gifted with great physical talent but, he was gifted mentally. He is hella smart. Now, is that enough? Hell, I don't know. Garrett things he's really smart and he pretty smart but it takes more then that to be a great coach. He might be OK and as for Kitna, heck I'd try to suit him up to be our Backup today if I thought he had anything left.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That guy? Nice guy but jeez his tenure lacked impact of any kind. As a player and a coach.

A total ghost.

How exactly do you know he had no impact as a coach? Dak says he had an impact so is he wrong?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Funny, I was listening to Sirius radio before and two talking head were saying that the Cowboys love Moore because he is very bright. They think he has a great future as a coach. The same two guys were speculating that the Cowboys may make Moore the new OC to replace Linehan. They insinuated Moore has Head Coach potential and making him OC wouldget his path to that position started.

I guess they didn't learn their lesson with Garrett. A smart guy that is NOT a football guy.

cern

Reaction score
Among the multitudes criticizing moore, the question is often asked "what does he do?" if you don't even know what he does, how can you intelligently diss the gut?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Among the multitudes criticizing moore, the question is often asked "what does he do?" if you don't even know what he does, how can you intelligently diss the gut?

He has one year coaching experience in the NFL. He was a bad QB in the NFL. He is young and inexperienced. He is a "in house" hire. He will defer to Garrett with the offense. His NFL background is 5 years as a backup under Scott Linehan ALL 5 YEARS!!!!

99% of all Cowboys fans want something completely different then Linehan and Garrett predictable offense. Moore appears to be MORE of the same BS we want gone.

The LAST "bad backup QB with little experience" (Garrett) has been a disaster here.

Does that clear up why so many don't want Moore?

Only guys that would want Moore would be Garrett and Linehan fans. Giant, Eagle, Commanders fans. Moores family members. Ect….ect…..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Linehan was really high on him. Said he was extremely smart. How innovative his is? No telling. If he isn’t gonna call the plays then what’s he gonna do. Come up with game plans? JG has the same plan every game. I am not sure if calling the same plays in a different order is gonna make a difference at all. JJ is setting himself up to be embarrassed on national tv, likely more than once. But they have a new scapegoat.

If things get ugly then he can fire him at the bye week. Even though JG is the one calling the plays.

bdk76

Reaction score
He has one year coaching experience in the NFL. He was a bad QB in the NFL. He is young and inexperienced. He is a "in house" hire. He will defer to Garrett with the offense. His NFL background is 5 years as a backup under Scott Linehan ALL 5 YEARS!!!!

99% of all Cowboys fans want something completely different then Linehan and Garrett predictable offense. Moore appears to be MORE of the same BS we want gone.

The LAST "bad backup QB with little experience" (Garrett) has been a disaster here.

Only guys that would want Moore would be Garrett and Linehan fans. Giant, Eagle, Commanders fans. Moores family members. Ect….ect…..

He made the NFL on his brains not his talent. Nobody on earth expected him to be good at the NFL level. If Moore was givin the opportunity to install his own offense I can assure you it wouldn't be predictable. Go back and watch the offense he ran at Boise, it would make Mcvay scratch his head. 50-3 as a starter there and wasn't because of his football talent. That offense keeps a defense on its heels guessing and Moore had it mastered! Don't assume because he was Linehans boy that Moore will run a similar system. His football mind is way more advanced than Scotty boys. Problem here is would Garrett let him take over the offense or would he be forced to run Garretts archaic system. I don't know whether he'd make a great OC or not, but the football I.Q is there. I'd rather see him get his chance here than go to another team and find out the hard way that he is a damn good coach.
Oh... and I am not a Linehan fan or a giants, skins, or eagles fan and I am not related to him. I'm just not ready to run this kid out of town because he was a bad back up QB, (that makes zero sense what so ever) or because he was working under Linehan.

GMO415

Reaction score
Waiting on Cowboys to name him the OC..... hopefully he can bring a piece of the Boise offense here. Creates a lot of missmatches.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He made the NFL on his brains not his talent. Nobody on earth expected him to be good at the NFL level. If Moore was givin the opportunity to install his own offense I can assure you it wouldn't be predictable. Go back and watch the offense he ran at Boise, it would make Mcvay scratch his head. 50-3 as a starter there and wasn't because of his football talent. That offense keeps a defense on its heels guessing and Moore had it mastered! Don't assume because he was Linehans boy that Moore will run a similar system. His football mind is way more advanced than Scotty boys. Problem here is would Garrett let him take over the offense or would he be forced to run Garretts archaic system. I don't know whether he'd make a great OC or not, but the football I.Q is there. I'd rather see him get his chance here than go to another team and find out the hard way that he is a damn good coach.
Oh... and I am not a Linehan fan or a giants, skins, or eagles fan and I am not related to him. I'm just not ready to run this kid out of town because he was a bad back up QB, (that makes zero sense what so ever) or because he was working under Linehan.

Nice to hear, but going to Moore to me means that we remain with Garretts offense and we revert back to Garrett calling plays. IF the kid is so smart then let him do the QB coach thing for a few years and move up in the offense and in what he does here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
do WE NEED 16 separate threads on Moore,right your thought under the other 15 started in the last week..

cern

Reaction score

clears up nothing. only states your opinion. what is your nfl resume?