How many games will we realistically give this team before panic sets in?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well I can't panic since I only expected them to get 7 wins. And if they get less well we could use the high draft picks cause our starters are dropping like flies in a bug zapper.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How many games will we realistically give this team before the actual real panic and depression kicks in and we know we aint doing anything this year or actual excitement kicks in and we know we are a contender.

Obviously there is a lot on knee jerk reactions because we lost a game. The first game of the season. Against what will likely be a winning team this year. They have been in the same system for 4 years now. And they have donald, arguably the best DT in the league.

We were in it till the end and a 4th down decision or a missed kick cost us a tie or win.

Then look at the refs. They gave the rams 4 points. Giving them a TO when the clock had been at 0 for 2 seconds. And the very ticky tack call at the end. I bet the refs looked at this play the next day and said o well we blew one. They did miss a shot to the head on Aldon when goff threw the pick, but I think it was donald that also caught Dak to the helmet. Both were not intentional so I was under the impression the refs were letting them play. Guess not.

Anyways, it was our first game and we didn’t get it done but didn’t play as bad as we are making it out.

I am giving it 5-7 games before I start to judge us a losing team. At some point we will take on the mindset and attitude of the HC. We will get more aggressive. You can tell by his decision to go for it on 4th in a situation where we play for the tie or the win.

This game should tell us a lot. I expect us to play tighter on both sides of the ball. The first game was like a preseason game. We should be able to pick up the tempo.

I expect to see some different things on Offense this week. If Moore is going to keep calling games like this then I expect MM to take over soon. Time to slowly put in some pre snap motion. Moore has to change his hand signals because he was using the same ones from college.

Defense should get this run Defense shored up. And have our DBs playing tighter. Get teams in longer down and distance so we can use our pass rush.

We have fixable problems. I worry more about TE on Offense and O-Line. Defense just needs to tighten up.
16 its called a full season the up downs etc etc law of averages apply.. Cowboys colts and recently titans have flipped a bad season that seem all but ended and made it to the playoffs and 2nd round or further to boot..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The game 1 loss already incited panic! I have a feeling that a game 2 loss might incite rioting in the streets of Frisco -- residents, beware!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We got the only Super Bowl winning coach in the league who refuses the gimme FG in the 4th Q to tie the game and is directly responsible for going 0-1 because of it. You're right. Nothing has changed. As a result of that poor judgement call, I am panicked NOW. He didn't put the team in a position to win. New boss same as the old boss IMO.
LOL reading your post, I had a scary thought , what if he is worse than the old boss!

Not kicking the fg to tie the game was really a dumb mistake. JG would have kicked the fg,
so far MM is worse at game mgmt.:eek:
Just 1 game, but dumb is dumb :p

I know what madden would have said had he been doing the game, he would have said
if you want a td, throw to the endzone on 3rd down, and if you dont get that kick the fg, and tie
it up and go from there.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I rather win 2 games than go 8-8. Would put us in nice shape for the Top QB in the land.
they wont do that lol, jerry would rather go 8-8 and then sign dak to 46 mil a year deal.
He thinks dak is "the guy" and kellen is the guy too lol.
We are doomed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dont CARE if we stink. Fine. I can live w it.

We havent won in forever.

I wanted CHANGE and expected it this year.

Why didn't it happen? Pandemic? Garbage answer.

If its coming... who thought it was ok to throw away a game?

This is why I'm upset....NOT because of ONE loss.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How many games will we realistically give this team before the actual real panic and depression kicks in and we know we aint doing anything this year or actual excitement kicks in and we know we are a contender.

Obviously there is a lot on knee jerk reactions because we lost a game. The first game of the season. Against what will likely be a winning team this year. They have been in the same system for 4 years now. And they have donald, arguably the best DT in the league.

We were in it till the end and a 4th down decision or a missed kick cost us a tie or win.

Then look at the refs. They gave the rams 4 points. Giving them a TO when the clock had been at 0 for 2 seconds. And the very ticky tack call at the end. I bet the refs looked at this play the next day and said o well we blew one. They did miss a shot to the head on Aldon when goff threw the pick, but I think it was donald that also caught Dak to the helmet. Both were not intentional so I was under the impression the refs were letting them play. Guess not.

Anyways, it was our first game and we didn’t get it done but didn’t play as bad as we are making it out.

I am giving it 5-7 games before I start to judge us a losing team. At some point we will take on the mindset and attitude of the HC. We will get more aggressive. You can tell by his decision to go for it on 4th in a situation where we play for the tie or the win.

This game should tell us a lot. I expect us to play tighter on both sides of the ball. The first game was like a preseason game. We should be able to pick up the tempo.

I expect to see some different things on Offense this week. If Moore is going to keep calling games like this then I expect MM to take over soon. Time to slowly put in some pre snap motion. Moore has to change his hand signals because he was using the same ones from college.

Defense should get this run Defense shored up. And have our DBs playing tighter. Get teams in longer down and distance so we can use our pass rush.

We have fixable problems. I worry more about TE on Offense and O-Line. Defense just needs to tighten up.
I never give up until the team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Only losers and quitters to that.

Verdict

Reaction score

Depends on how they play. If they play Atlanta like they did against the Jets last year, then panic will set in early. If we play well against Atlanta it’s a longer rope, win or lose.

GenoT

Reaction score
Judging by last week, if this team stumbles tomorrow and falls to 0-2, CZ will implode.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I am going to answer your thread title..

not so much your overview.

I have already come to the opinion of this is a transition year.

Not a competing year.

Our HC was dealt a death blow when the virus appeared. No actual practices all off season, no chance for new coaches to work with their players, etc.

So now I will just look for improved play. And see what the coaches do in live games.

Unfortunately all 3 phases of offense, defense and STs has been been redesigned. Normally you might rebuild one of these phases at a time.

But 3 of them?

I just have my doubts.

Bottom line must know is if Dak is really our future at QB. Without putting this to bed..everything else is in limbo. We can not let that hang over our head this off season.

It was too distracting. So all eyes on the offense and then we make whatever other changes we need.

Depending on our W-L record we use it to fix our biggest need.

Could be QB, LBer, safety or OL. That's a big shopping list and may take a couple of seasons of drafting high meaning we need to probably go 3-13 or worst in 2020 and 2021.

Finishing again at 8-8 or somewhere in the middle is going to just lengthen our rebuilding.

Big Mike has a 5 year contract. He has time to work a master plan. I expect this year to be just the first one on his game plan.

There is no doubt in my mind that McCarthy knew fully what he was being hired to be.

If you think hes getting 5 years without winning sooner rather than later you are crazy. Unless they decide to move on from Dak.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Until Dontari Poe is cut from this team, since he is a locker room cancer.... this season is over. I'm done with this team until UNITY is restored.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you think hes getting 5 years without winning sooner rather than later you are crazy. Unless they decide to move on from Dak.

I know this is hard for some to accept but the Jones boys love Dak, regardless of what any of us think.

"Then why didn't they sign him to a long term contract?!"

Dak wanted a 4 year deal. Dallas wanted 5 and the freedom to franchise him in year 6. Dak declined. Hardly a sign that the Cowboys doubt him.