How many of you are bailing?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.

Thrill99

Reaction score
In my book, there is hope because like I always say: In the NFL, what you think is going to happen rarely does.

Because of that, there is hope. I mean, if my Texas Rangers can win a World Series then anything is possible.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Will not bail but like last year and this year, not expecting much, the old fool me once thing. When can get to the ship game, then will be shocked and maybe think things have changed. Till then I am just kicking the can down the street.

Yeah, my expectations are low next season. I mean, I get not doing anything with Mike. As much as I wanted Harbaugh and/or Vrabel, it's fine. Mike's a decent coach. What I want to see us do is begin the rebuild with a new coach next year if it ends how I think a lot of us think it will go. Then again, with the draft coming, we will see who they draft.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I went from being a fan to a follower after 2016. That was the last time I bought into this team being a real contender. So there's really nothing to bail.

This team has been part of my life for over 50 years, so there's nowhere to go. I just have no expectations of success beyond what we've seen lately.

Believing Jerry and Stephen are going to suddenly crack the code after 30 years is for fans. I just can't blow that much smoke up my own backside.

For the "real fans" crowd, I don't care what you think of my point of view. Self-delusion just doesn't work for me. I'll follow and see what happens.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's not hard to imagine a fair number of fans switching their fandom to the Houston Texans if they're proven successful in the future. I'm quite seriously addicted to the Cowboys, but following what they're likely to become might easily become a big temptation for some of us to switch.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
The Cowboys will always my NFL team.
But my level of passion is taking a big hit.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
In my book, there is hope because like I always say: In the NFL, what you think is going to happen rarely does.

Because of that, there is hope. I mean, if my Texas Rangers can win a World Series then anything is possible.

Agree but since Mark Cuban has sold the Mavs, in the Major Sports there has been 3 owners who have been hands on, George Steinbrenner of the Yankees, Al Davis Raiders and Jed. The Rangers owner I couldn’t tell you who he is since not Bush, which is good and he let’s the GM and manager do there thing.

Mannix

Reaction score
I bailed on my college team 15 years ago...I'll do it again with this team. I have ZERO interest in 2024 because I already know the outcome with 100% certainty. I'll be cheering for Josh Allen and the Bills for the next couple weeks.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I'm curious enough to ask a follow-up question. If you are bailing, are you going to another team? Or are you tuning out the NFL?

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Yeah, my expectations are low next season. I mean, I get not doing anything with Mike. As much as I wanted Harbaugh and/or Vrabel, it's fine. Mike's a decent coach. What I want to see us do is begin the rebuild with a new coach next year if it ends how I think a lot of us think it will go. Then again, with the draft coming, we will see who they draft.

Hopefully we get to the SB but if another one and done, no excuses this time. He has to go. But they need a lot done in draft and will need to shop at Dillard’s and not the Goodwill in FA. This team needs OL, DL, LB, DB and RB help.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't really care as much as I did even 8 years ago. Just habit. I know this, I won't spend a dime on this trash. I guess in some way I'm supporting this crap by watching it on TV but that's where it ends.