How many of you are bailing?

WhizKid

Reaction score
I've been stuck in the 'if we win, great!' and 'if we lose, whatever!', mode for a while.
I'll root for them, I'll study the game film, and talk trash to other teams' fans.
I haven't purchased Cowboy gear in over 12 years (outside of a golf ball marker).
I don't expect them to win anything as long as Jerry is here, but also understand sometimes things just fall your way. Dude's 81, we'll get back in due time.

lsg13

Reaction score
Most likely none, maybe one or two. All the I'm leaving talk from posters here is just that.......talk (lol). You will see them back once training camp opens talking noise like they always do.
Nah, many will leave to follow other teams, that's normal, for younger fans there isn't really anything to hold on to... the old die hard fans who grew up rooting and seeing success will continue to come here and vent. Really as a young fan what do you have to hang on to, what makes you defend a team that you've never seen win?
I would bet that most Cowboy fans today are either old enough to remember the championships or grew up in a home that were die hard Cowboy fans ( my sons curse me every year for brainwashing them)... but I don't see the Cowboys somehow drawing in new fans when they haven't seen any success on the field... what would draw a young fan outside of Texas to root for the Cowboys? As far as success and potential there are a lot more attractive options besides the Cowboys for sure.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It's just pointless yelling about QBs and coaches when the owner and GM doesn't care about winning. I really did used to love this team. When I was a kid there was nothing I would rather watch. When we fell to the bottom during the 1988 and 1989 season's it was rough. People would laugh at me for being a Cowboy fan. And when we finally won in 1992 it was like I had the last laugh. It was such a great feeling being a Cowboy fan in the early 90's. I guess I'm just bitter now. Probably why I sound so angry a lot of the time. I hate what's happened to my team and there's nothing that can be done about it. I won't bail but it's not like it used to be.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
The Cowboys will certainly exist in 10-15 years. And no, I’m not bailing. Where would I go?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I've been stuck in the 'if we win, great!' and 'if we lose, whatever!', mode for a while.
I'll root for them, I'll study the game film, and talk trash to other teams' fans.
I haven't purchased Cowboy gear in over 12 years (outside of a golf ball marker).
I don't expect them to win anything as long as Jerry is here, but also understand sometimes things just fall your way. Dude's 81, we'll get back in due time.
If only I thought Stephen would be better but I actually don't.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I’ve been a Cowboys fan my entire life and will continue to be. I’ll tune in next season just like I always do. I enjoy the highs, the lows bother me less and less as the years go on, and one day my patience will pay off. Until then I’ll enjoy this game and I his franchise for what it is, entertainment and an escape from more stressful and serious matters in life.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
will I watch every game… yeah. Will I be as emotionally invested? Absolutely not. This team could get the 1 seed and the bye and I still wouldn’t trust them come next season.

Sad thing is progress for this team next season will be an nfc title game.

The bar has been set so low… for a team that used to win super bowls
Yep like 2007?
We find creative ways to poop the bed.

leeblair

Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
I'm out.
This season has confirmed to me a side of the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys that I want no part of.
And for some here I am thrilled to see that you got exactly what you asked for by denying the facts and crying every time I or some other posters tried to tell you the truth.
I'm sure I will inevitably still watch some games, just like I have watched professional wrestling from time to time because they really did put on a great show at times, but I don't see the Cowboys or the NFL returning to doing the things that made professional football fun to watch.
And lets face it, there's nothing about the Cowboys organization now that makes you want to cheer for them the way the Cowboys organization was when it became the greatest franchise in sports.
But these Cowboys and this NFL do not represent greatness.

Toro9

Reaction score
I'm, by nature, an addict so... No.

No matter how much stress it causes. No matter the lows. I don't quit anything unless it's good for me. Not good to quit, mind you. Not good as in it's bad or at least unsatisfactory overall.

I've made this world for myself so the Cowboys are the perfect team for me.

Not quite good enough.

And yes, I'm completely insane.

Zman5

Reaction score
Who are you guys think you are fooling? You all be back next December saying "This year feels different ". And I'll be right there with you all.

Cowboys For Life.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I mean, do I even get excited if they go 14-3 next season, number one seed? I don't think I get excited because I'm betting they go down in the 1st game. This is just sad for all Cowboys fans.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It just flat out doesn’t matter what they do in the regular season. They could be all world number 1 offense and defense… and as soon as the playoffs started…. I’d see dak with those nervous pre game warmups…. And it could all crash in an instant.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I’ll continue to watch nfl, play fantasy football etc but I will not watch cowboys games nor will I spend a single dollar on merchandise, tickets etc. I’ll stay on forums for a while but really what’s the point of supporting the organization if they don’t care about us?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I mean, do I even get excited if they go 14-3 next season, number one seed? I don't think I get excited because I'm betting they go down in the 1st game. This is just sad for all Cowboys fans.
Exactly. There is no way we can trust this team again....even the little bit that we did. I said 2007 was the worse playoff loss in my lifetime. I think I might change it to this one because of the consequences.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
mr Rusty----at first in my compulsive nature...yes i was totally bailing on these losers....but as i thought about it....been a fan for 50+ years...and put up all the lame

PLATS....but no more...i looked in my Plantinum vault and all the bars were yellow tinfoil....got so ripped off by the owner Jerry...so i will stay....but not as a HOMER

kwcool619

Reaction score
I'm a Cowboys fan for the duration. I will still watch the games. Here in L.A. we get the Rams, Chargers, 49ers, even the Raiders games on TV. I have many opportunities to jump ship but I'm staying. I just have low expectations. The last time I thought the Cowboys will sniff the Super Bowl is when Parcells was coaching. Sad how that turned out. .I'm not on that 'next year" trip.