How many of you are overreacting to lack of Cowboys participation in FA so far?

zeke21

Reaction score
It is not overreacting... every other team is trying to improve. We have re-signed our long snapper. Facts.

Not all FA signings are good ones but sometimes they can make a difference and sometimes it is about intent. The fact that no one wants to come here and that we can't afford to pay anyone is alarming. When a guy like Wagner clearly is wanted by Quinn last year and we miss him and then 12 months later he goes to the commanders.. shows a huge issue.

We also have big issues because it looks like our division rivals are trying to fix needs. No way we go 12-5 again next season. Also Dak is about to learn what it feels like when you aren't surrounded by All Pros everywhere. I say it often but no other rookie QB got handed the gold plated keys like Dak. Lots of very talented QBs that will go down as 'busts' or failures and/or never even get a shot because they are drafted to crap teams.

Our FO is afraid to make moves, is handcuffed by bad contracts and we have to overpay because lots of players don't want to come here. It is a bad situation... so its not overreacting to see it for what it is.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
How many of you are shamelessly overreacting to the lack of Cowboys participation in FA so far? You do realize that big splash signings have an extremely low success rate, right? Save your fake outrage for another day!
I would care nearly as much if we didn't lose real talent on both lines. My only hope is they don't extend dak. Crash this year, start fresh next year

Big_D

Reaction score
The well is drying up. Now they could really start scraping at the bottom of the barrel. Hope we didn't need a LB and the RBs left are a joke. LOL Some really seem to be fooling themselves.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Sometimes the wind does change.

You folks who are trying to do the usual optimistic excusing may be missing the boat this time. Stephen Jones is running your beloved franchise now, not Jerry Jones, not Parcells, not Jimmy Johnson.

It’s sort of like politics, sometimes people just don’t see the directional change because it’s not in the mainstream media, but there is definitely a change of heart with Cowboys fans, and their opinion of ownership, and the Jones Boys are making all the wrong decisions not seeing the elephant in the room.

We’ll see, but hard not to buy that the luster of the franchise is starting to go away - starting with free agency, where the Jones boys usually try and sell free agents not only a lower contract, but more incentive to be merchandised in Cowboys Land. Players may not be feeling it anymore.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
How many of you are shamelessly overreacting to the lack of Cowboys participation in FA so far? You do realize that big splash signings have an extremely low success rate, right? Save your fake outrage for another da
Stop drinking the koolaid that Jerry and this FO has given you. Both the San Francisco and the Chiefs made it to the superbowl because of FA.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You have to be a special kind of stupid to see that the roster spots are aplenty (and growing) and the cap dollars and draft picks are not.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Sometimes the wind does change.

You folks who are trying to do the usual optimistic excusing may be missing the boat this time. Stephen Jones is running your beloved franchise now, not Jerry Jones, not Parcells, not Jimmy Johnson.

It’s sort of like politics, sometimes people just don’t see the directional change because it’s not in the mainstream media, but there is definitely a change of heart with Cowboys fans, and their opinion of ownership, and the Jones Boys are making all the wrong decisions not seeing the elephant in the room.

We’ll see, but hard not to buy that the luster of the franchise is starting to go away - starting with free agency, where the Jones boys usually try and sell free agents not only a lower contract, but more incentive to be merchandised in Cowboys Land. Players may not be feeling it anymore.
I have long said Stevie will be much worse than Jerry. Much worse.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
LOL. The last time I overreacted to an off-season Cowboys move was when Jerry fired Jimmy, three decades ago. But it turned out to be a justified reaction.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I would care nearly as much if we didn't lose real talent on both lines. My only hope is they don't extend dak. Crash this year, start fresh next year
And be in last place two straight years. The fans would go crazy.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Not overreacting, somewhat disappointed that we did not sign RB Aaron Jones. Seemed like a one year 7 million dollar contract for a veteran RB was pretty reasonable. Jones paired with a rookie draft pick could have shored up the position. Just my 2 cents.

kevm3

Reaction score
How does tooling up historically not work? Rams won a superbowl tooling up. So did the Eagles. The 49ers were just in a superbowl.

The Chiefs have the greatest qb of all time and a great coach in andy reid and get ref help, so trying to follow their formula or the Brady and Bellichick formula is a no-go. You have to have a historically great coach and QB if you want to fill holes with a bunch of cheap signings.