How many of you have already written off Christian Parker?

I'm more concerned about Schotty right now. He has regressed as a HC. He's become a cheerleader and now, with him coming out and admitting that he cost us the game, he's also a laughing stock. CP will figure it out, pretty soon, he needs to learn how to deal with injury and shift on the fly, but Schotty is shot. I hope the team fights for him and prove me wrong
No issue with him admitting he blew it. Begging everyone for forgiveness for a week is just pathetic and weak. How can any of the men in that locker room respect this guy at all?
 
If you are already thinking this way after three games, then you never really gave him a chance. We need continuity on this defense, that can't happen if we keep replacing the DC. Get behind the man and give him a real chance. Same goes for Schotty. The players seem to be behind him so get behind him and let him do his job.
 
A little perspective.

I spent over 25 years doing property insurance claims. Wrote thousands of building repair estimates. Was very good at it.
But then I went to work for a contractor, writing building repair estimates. My first one, it was to replace some doors in a house for a remodel. Well, I wrote it up and gave it to the project manager, and he shortly returned it to me saying "This won't do, I need more information, such as type of hinges, which way it opened, style of door, type of trim, etc.

Never needed that for adjusting, but to order the doors all that was needed. Needless to say I had to learn more things to do that job.

But I did learn, not to brag but I turned into a very good construction estimator, even did project management after a few years.

It's been 3 games. He's new, has to get the players to understand his system, etc.

Give the man a chance.
 
No issue with him admitting he blew it. Begging everyone for forgiveness for a week is just pathetic and weak. How can any of the men in that locker room respect this guy at all?
Right, either they respect that he took the heat for them as he did and pay him back for it, or they see him as weak and soft. The problem around here is too often the players have been perfectly happy to let the coach take the blame while they sit in the background and collect their checks.

But on Parker, nobody knows how well he will do as a coach. He presents himself well at press conferences, but plenty of protégés of successful coordinators have failed as coordinators themselves. The truckloads of anointing oil rolled out for him were always ridiculous.

But in the very short term where everyone seems to live, people should like him more after the next two opponents we play.
 
Not yet.
But if at the end of the season the Defense turns out to be as bad or worse than under Nolan or Eberflus....it has to be considered.

However I think Jerry will give it a couple of years at least.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,024
Messages
14,658,069
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top