TRADED Porter traded to Cowboys (2027/6th round, 2028/2nd round)

Can you say delusional?
As usual you are a frustrating user, often back and forth head banging with you.

Joey Porters price was a bit high. A 2nd rounder? Yeah that's too high a price for me. I wouldve sent Schoon, a 6th rounder and a 3rd.

But did you not see Lamar throw to an open middle in the last play of the Ravens game? Bland is not an open field cover man. He's better on the corners against someone that can't dominate him physically. And he's sometimes a utility on the line of scrimmage but we have absolutely 0. ZERO. ZILCH. defensive backs I trust in the open field.

Joey Porter is a trade that needed to be made.
 
Which tells me we have no chance of Jerry folding his hand. He's all in with 2 pairs or trying to draw an inside straight.
Maybe we'll still be in this at the trade deadline and Jerry can get us a pass rusher. These moves might not ultimately help us this season, but they can be the vet additions we need as these young players mature.

We'll have to do some cap dancing, but teams have shown that you can manipulate how the money falls. We don't have to lose anyone we don't want to lose.
 
We can agree to disagree. Let's see what happens. I think Porter is a good player. I also think the issues go beyond CB.

I agree that pass rush is a need. But, maybe a good secondary can help I suppose. And can we please have Overshown just rush the QB
 
Except I don't believe Tomlin and Pickens got along and Broderick was a bust. These moves aren't likely related to Tomlin, plus I can't see Schotty getting fired with 2 years left on his contract.
You might be right about Tomlin but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Shotty is sent packing if this team doesn't make a playoff run. Jerry is 83 and probably not buying any green bananas these days. He wants to win now. Thats why we suddenly have become so active in the trade market. He couldn't care less about 2 years on a coaching contract. He's running out of time.
 
What team in the NFL today would trade significant draft capital for a wide receiver asking for north of $35 million per season with no less than $100 million guaranteed?
Any team that wants a clear cut WR1 with top 5 ability lol. If he has another 1300+ yard season without even the main target share he will be seen as a top 5 caliber guy.

Teams would trade for Chase/JSN/Puka in this same scenario, if they think GP has the ability to be as good then why wouldn’t an Arizona or a Las Vegas with QB’s on rookie deals go and get a real WR1?

Also, WR’s get traded and paid all the time. AJ Brown went to Philly for a 1st and got a new deal, it’s not uncommon lol.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,026
Messages
14,658,100
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top