How many of you have already written off Christian Parker?

The jury is still out but I’m not a believer yet.

Just because it’s your first year calling plays doesn’t mean your defense should absolutely be garbage; worst in the nfl.

Plenty of first time play callers also have success
 
It's wayyyy wayyyy too early to give up on him. He was not a veteran DC that we brought in to fix things, and it's evident the issues on D are not all on him, as nobody can make chicken stew out of chicken poop. He also wasn't the one who drafted guys like Eze, Overshown, Revel---who are were all drafted to turn things around here. Outside of Eze, the other 2 can't stay on the field for him to develop. No tool and dye maker can work his magic without at least some tools. Many of you guys on here were bat crap crazy with how he was the messiah on D based upon uselless preseason games against scrubs. I tempered expectations of this team for a reason, for those who weren't able to, that's on you.

Luckily the Iggles look worse than we do, so if we can win at least 3 of our next 4, and looks beter dfoing it the division can be ours....that is a big "if", but very possible
 
DC is implementing a new scheme and relying on rookies to make an impact. Growing pains were expected on my end just off of that alone.

Season is still early and have time to correct mistakes in the film room as the season goes on. If we can get to a middle of the pack defense at the end of the year, I would consider CP's first year a success.

If I were in CP's shoes, I would be in Jerry's ear this offseason cutting bait with Marcus Dixon and stealing Bo Davis from the Saints who is a defensive line guru when it comes to the 3-4..
 
Our coaching staff is incompetent. There is still hope for Parker, but there is none for HC, and that is what matters most. Terrible defense, but they still give us a chance against the Ravens, and we win a semi-intelligent HC.
 
Linehan. Simple name, harsh reminder. So many of our fans on this board , after 1 win were screaming the NFL is going to steal him from us.

Not many on this board can judge coordinators. Its a marathon.

There is a lot of factors going into this and the biggest problem with the NFL, its a copy cat league, which means, shift grears as fast as you can because of maybe 1 play, or the flavor of the month, or simply good PR for a bad idea.

We dont know, does he have all the players that fit his scheme or what he wants to do?

Did anyone else notice this was his first DC job? Did he lie and say he was a DC before? I think a lot of our fans, who cant even believe Jerry when he says something to their faces for 30 years, want to believe a guy sucks based on a few games.

Lets just remember, this is not easy, we have an Owner, a GM a PR guy and a GM/HC who has simply told the people since the first day he bought the team "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING" but we expect success from a few month DC.

Incredible.
 
The jury is still out but I’m not a believer yet.

Just because it’s your first year calling plays doesn’t mean your defense should absolutely be garbage; worst in the nfl.

Plenty of first time play callers also have success
Exactly what I'm thinking. I expected there to be hiccups, but I did not expect a horrible D, and that is what it is at present.

As it stands, Eberflus was better than Parker. And that is not a good thing.
 
Undecided at this point.

Before the season, I sure I thought u would be the real deal right away, but watching these games in sequence so far, so I have come to realize we have overvalued him and he does in fact have to grow into the position.
Saying that, I I do believe he is intelligent and can do the job at a high level, but he but right now I can only say it's gonna take some time
 
How many of you have already written off Christian Parker? Who thinks he is the right man for the job? Who is undecided?

I would love to hear some perspective on what you think we have (or don’t have) in Parker.
I'm not. I'm giving the young buck more time. He's new to the job, using his own schemes, coaching new players including several rookies, it's nuts to give up on him this soon. But this is CZ, a board full of trolls and Philthy fans disguised as Cowboys fans, so I'm not surprised to see the quitters here giving up so easily.
 
unfortunately, CP is learning on the job. Couple that with a gross lack of talent on the field and low IQ players. Except for less than 5 guys on defense, everyone else is not NFL caliber. Bell is 1 glaring example.
 
The truth is, if Jerry feels so moved, he could fire the entire staff if he feels the incompetence is causing the season to be wasted. Ravens game is strike 1. Time will tell if we get to strike 2 and 3. We have an opportunity to win alot of games because this division is mediocre. Our offense is easily the best in our division.
 
Knew the first half of the season would be a messy and bloody affair. Hmu after like week 10 for an opinion.
 
Naw, not yet. Cuz I did not write off Quinn, Zimmer or Eberflus considering the defensive roster deficiencies they were dealt with.

So I can wait another year on Parker to see if his defensive roster talent with ZERO edges, ONE linebacker, and maybe 1 and a half corners( considering Durants health) is or isnt "extremely upgraded" thru the draft and free agency.

IF NOT, *because of the poor defensive roster, and NOT the coach*, they will suck again.

So give him MORE to work with and go from there.
Can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.
 
I have not. 3 games in with a new system.

I wonder if he is wanting the Edge addressed or if he likes the personnel we have now.

We won't see the defense's full potential with no pass rush.
 
How many of you have already written off Christian Parker? Who thinks he is the right man for the job? Who is undecided?

I would love to hear some perspective on what you think we have (or don’t have) in Parker.
3 games is hardly adequate time to judge his effectiveness
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,033
Messages
14,658,439
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top