How many on here are torn?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Exactly. Garrett isnt even our coach. Sure they call him that. Jerry stripped him of playcalling duties, hired Callahan, hired Ryan and then Kiffin. Jason Garrett isn't getting it done. Let's not be stupid and act like we have a head coach. We have a guy they call head coach. Not a player on that roster sees him as the head coach the way they need to.

This won't change because Jerry wants to be a coach but doesn't want the public ridicule he would get for naming himself the coach.

I know what you're getting at, but I think you're going way too far. It's an NFL head coaching job, and it pays millions of dollars per year. Even more, there's only one Dallas Cowboys. Even Parcells talked about wanting to play the Big Room, not a lounge act. We absolutely can and should get someone much better to coach this team.

And Jerry isn't running practices all week, installing schemes, teaching situational football, managing the game, or calling plays. IMO it's crazy to say "No one could do any better" or "What does it matter as long as Jerry is GM." Why don't we at least get the most out of the talent we do have, which Garrett isn't doing?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I know what you're getting at, but I think you're going way too far. It's an NFL head coaching job, and it pays millions of dollars per year. Even more, there's only one Dallas Cowboys. Even Parcells talked about wanting to play the Big Room, not a lounge act. We absolutely can and should get someone much better to coach this team.

And Jerry isn't running practices all week, installing schemes, teaching situational football, managing the game, or calling plays. IMO it's crazy to say "No one could do any better" or "What does it matter as long as Jerry is GM." Why don't we at least get the most out of the talent we do have, which Garrett isn't doing?

No excuse for having such a poor coaching staff not to mention our HC is among the league"s worse.

There has got to be someone out there better than Jason who would be willing to work with a billionaire drunk.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No excuse for having such a poor coaching staff not to mention our HC is among the league"s worse.

There has got to be someone out there better than Jason who would be willing to work with a billionaire drunk.

And, just maybe, that billionaire drunk needs a few quality coaches to tell him " thanks, but no thanks" in order to seriously consider changing his ways.

Apparently, the hundreds of "when will you hire a real GM?" questions haven't quite sunken in yet.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'll always pull for a win. I still want a coaching change though.

So, let's win. However, if we must lose, let it be a spectacular loss that forces change.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Firstly, I don't think it matters as I don't see this Cowboys team competing with the team I watched last night.

I'm definitely torn. I never like to root for my team to lose a game.

But, if a loss means change, put me down for the loss, rather than getting an undeserved ticket punched to the playoffs to get our collective faces punched by an actual playoff-caliber team.

I think organizational change is more important than one game.

If they win how is it undeserved?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. I wanted to beat the skins but idk if beating the eagles would help us if we just have another average year and stuck in this stupid offensive scheme yet again next year. I mean i want to go to the playoffs but come on. Garrett doesn't even know when to call timeouts, he doesn't know how to instruct tony to run the ball in key situations. Its the coaches job. We lost too many games that we should have won because of stupid coaching. IDK if i can deal with Garrett for another year. As long as we beat the skins (sweep) i am happy because I live in Maryland. But us losing to the eagles will not upset me unless we lose and still keep garrett as head-coach. Its a win win situation to me.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm never torn.

I always want Dallas to win.

This doesn't even remotely seem like something that a person should even have to think about.

To each their own I suppose.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
And, just maybe, that billionaire drunk needs a few quality coaches to tell him " thanks, but no thanks" in order to seriously consider changing his ways.

Apparently, the hundreds of "when will you hire a real GM?" questions haven't quite sunken in yet.

No because he's rationalized that all out. They'd still have to go thru him he said so he could write those checks. He's never considered that football decisions can be made without him like other teams do.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I don't care what the circumstances are, I want the Cowboys win in every game they play. I am far from being torn, what happens to the organizational move will happen regardless what I think or anyone on here thinks, Jerry is going to whatever and whenever and as long as Jerry is in charge I really don't think it matters who the HC is, unless he hires a very strong minded HC like Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Garrett staying or going will not matter unless Jerry is at the point where he is ready to "walk on eggshells" again and hire a coach with a bigger stamp on this team than him.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm not torn because it doesn't matter. I have no expectation of a Cowboy win. I was predicting that it would come down to this back in September.

bark

Reaction score
... The sight of the eagles celebrating an NFC east championship on our own field is nauseating....
The idea that Jerry will replace Garrett with a coach that will fix this mess is well not likely.
I'm pulling for a win and holding out hope that we can fix this defense in the offseason ....
That's all I got ... But I can't pull for my team to lose ... Ever

JPM

Reaction score
I am a Dallas Cowboy fan. I want the Dallas Cowboys to win every time they take the field. Coach changes or draft position aside I root for the Cowboys to win every game.

Too bad you can't like something more than once.

Gadfly22

Reaction score
If the Cowboys lose Sunday night -- especially if they lose big -- Garrett and a lot of others are gone. If they win, I'm guessing that he is back for another year. And in that case, I just have to hope that he's learning from his many mistakes. But from the look of things on the sidelines, he sure is looking like he's lost the team. I was half expecting a mutiny yesterday when things started to go bad.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Aside from wanting to beat the Eagles, I do think the Panthers will be primed for an upset and Dallas/Philly could draw them if they lose to Atlanta next week (historically, those games have been tough for them even though they blew out ATL earlier in the year). The early reports aren't great for Steve Smith (still waiting on an MRI) and their best player on D, Charles Johnson, hasn't been himself since getting injured a few weeks ago. Plus, it will be Cam's first playoff game and he would be on the road in that scenario. Even though they beat NO with those two players banged up/out, I'm not convinced they can sustain that success.