How many on here are torn?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's the playoffs on the line. I want to win.
Garrett's fate will take care of itself.
Although it's slim to none we'll get out of the first round of the playoffs, you have to get in to make any noise.
Let's get in, and let everything sort itself out from there.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
from wanting us to win today or being eliminated hoping it would be the final straw to fire the coaching staff?

my wife and i both want a real head coach and she is worried that winning today and possibly next sunday will secure garrett for another year.

i was excited we won today and was giddy as hell.

i tried to explain to her that it did not matter if we win or lose ...no change would be made regardless with our owner.

we might as well pull for the players and our team..

it's a weird dilemma to be in.

what's your take?

I don't know if Garrett will survive this or not but I'm pulling for the Boys and Garrett to get the job done. I'm never torn about pulling for the Cowboys to win.

fifaguy

Reaction score
from wanting us to win today or being eliminated hoping it would be the final straw to fire the coaching staff?

my wife and i both want a real head coach and she is worried that winning today and possibly next sunday will secure garrett for another year.

i tried to explain to her that it did not matter if we win or lose ...no change would be made regardless with our owner.

what's your take?

My take is quite simple. If we win next week Garrett will keep his job although at least one other coach will get the pink slip. If we lose to Philly they all go. That's my opinion, of course, and it wouldn't surprise me if JJ kept them all even if Philly stomps us...

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I'm all for winning. I could care less if that results in keeping the coaching staff.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Is this posting a joke. The wife and kids think we should lose? lol

cml750

Reaction score
I'm convinced we can't win with Garrett's game management and offensive scheme. So trust me won't shed a year if we lose and it ends his run with the Cowboys.

If we do win it would be Garrett's first meaningful win. So guess that's something but unless he is replacing his scheme don't want to see his face on our sideline ever again.

My thoughts exactly. I seriously doubt we win next week, as Garrett will find a new way to screw it up, but if we do win we will be blown out in the first round. If just making the playoffs is enough to keep Garrett another year in Jerry's eyes, then that will be another year lost with our core aging. I just can't root for the team to lose even if it would be in their best interest(to lose and fire the Red Headed Idiot). Yes, I am extremely torn.

Lazyking

Reaction score
I'm not at all. I look at it like this. Winning is more important than anything and during the season that is all I care about. Otherwise, I can't watch the games. The problems this team has is not all garrett.. He needs to go but a we need better players in here for a better coach and a real GM.

I don't think we're super bowl contenders no matter who the coach is next year so if Garrett somehow keeps his job, it will just be on borrowed time anyway.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not torn at all. Because I'm not naïve enough to believe Jason Garrett and his coaching staff are the problem.

theSHOW

Reaction score
I'm not torn at all. Because I'm not naïve enough to believe Jason Garrett and his coaching staff are the problem.

Did you call me "naïve" :mad: lol ;) I actually agree that Garrett has some qualities that are good for the franchise. That being said we could do without the clapping after we throw a pick6. We could think about mixing up the offensive playbook a bit. Sending our RB into the line when we have 2 shots at it from the 1 ydline. Running a lil clock when we are up by 4 scores, discipline players that start walking off the field. Allow Jerry to trade away linemen on an already thin defensive line. and excreta.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I'm not really "torn", as I'm rooting for the Cowboys to win.

But I wouldn't be heartbroken over a loss, because that means Garrett is most likely gone. And I don't expect us to do anything in the playoffs if we get there anyway.

NJ22

Reaction score
I hope none of us are wanting losses. Whether it's in the perceived long-term best interest or not. You don't make teams better by establishing a culture of surrender or of living to fight another day. And you don't not improve your HC position if you think there's a better candidate out there just because the guy you've got won the division last season. You just play hard all the time, and improve your team wherever and however you can.

If you want another 4 years of 8-8 then let's hope Garrett pulls it out!

Dodger12

Reaction score

what's your take?

It's a win-win all the way around for Dallas fans.

First, I want us to win, especially for Romo's sake and if that happens, we make it to the playoffs. That's a positive in my book.

Second, if we lose then Garrett is all but gone......another win for the fan base.

Third, Jerry will be another week older come next Sunday night and that's another week he's closer to meeting his maker. Another win for the fan base........

We can't lose in any of these scenarios.

theSHOW

Reaction score

I rooted my "blank" off back in 89 when the Cowboys went 1-15 and were able to get the victory against Washington in Washington. I was so happy that day. The team didn't play a Monday Night Football game for the first time ever in my life that season. In 1982 I cried when the Skins beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game and last seasons loss in week 17 hurt just as bad. Dallas beat the Commanders yesterday and some cry after we just won? I don't get it. In six days this team fights at home for another chance at the division title and a home playoff game. Some things about the team seem to be looking up. 8-8 yeah I'll take it but I won't go into the game hoping for a loss. Maybe some posters need to join the eagles board and go bonkers for the Forever Losers Team.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Anybody else jacked up for taking this division by means of the broom stick?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I definitely am hoping we pull it out.

Can I ask what you have seen from any of the last three coaches that makes you think a coaching change is what's going to keep this team from making the mental mistakes and having the bad pass defense that keeps getting us beat?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I never, ever hope this team loses. You can hope for change, but hoping the team loses is weak. Like, RuPaul weak.