How many on here are torn?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I want Jason gone. And take some of those assistants with you.

He's a horrible coach. I'm not sure how that all pans out but it's obvious he's in way over his head.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The biggest indictment of this coaching staff was JJ Wilcox's dumb penalty on 3rd and long for a late hit. The Commanders got a FG on that drive after that dumb penalty, essentially forcing the Cowboys hand on that 4 th down play that Murray scored on, as they needed a TD.

A REAL coach would have been in Wilcox's grill. Ours ignored him and others patted him on the back.

ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY!

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I posted this last night in another thread....I hope we'll all agree to take this one game at a time. If JG deserves to be fired (and I think we all agree that he does) then it makes sense that we should lose either Sunday or early on in the playoffs. But I'm not going to root for that. You can't root against your team when they're on the brink of making the playoffs.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I never WANT the cowboys to lose... Even if it means a new head coach .., winning breeds confidence ... Confidence when harnessed correctly can lead to more winning ... This team needs to win as much now as they do next year etc.. IF they can beat the Eagles, that is a sort of monkey off their back regardless of how they fair in the playoffs ... If they lose , no matter what they tell you as lip service, is further reinforcement of the trend that they can't win that elusive last win to get in game ..
Here is to them winning hopefully and breaking that trend.. We can talk coaching changes when the season is over

PS ; Garett needs to go

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
from wanting us to win today or being eliminated hoping it would be the final straw to fire the coaching staff?

my wife and i both want a real head coach and she is worried that winning today and possibly next sunday will secure garrett for another year.

i was excited we won today and was giddy as hell.

i tried to explain to her that it did not matter if we win or lose ...no change would be made regardless with our owner.

we might as well pull for the players and our team..

it's a weird dilemma to be in.

what's your take?

Don't worry, after next week's beating, Jerry will make a change. The Eagles will be better next year, so Jerry will have to counter.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I think many people are torn. I am torn until the game starts then I just can't help it. I have to support my team.

I was speaking to an eagles fan friend during the game and expressing my desire for Jason G to go. He brought up a great point that I knew but didnt want to accept......... Its not fair to blame Garrett when Jerry Jones neutered him before he even took the job. Jerry has done this to every coach since Jimmy Johnson. He brings in a "head coach" who doesn't have enough power to be respected by the team. He hires the offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator ect. He doesn't allow his coaches the power they need to lead a group of men.

So what difference does it make if Garrett is here or not? Jerry Jones is the coach. He just has someone else to blame when it fails.

This is so true, it needed to be quoted just so others can read it again.

All other teams allow the HC to be the spokesperson for whatever goes on during practice throughout the week....our spokesperson is Jerry.

And to that last line, I will add this: let's remember what happened the last time we had a really successful HC (Jimmy)....Jerry would have been fine with any HC taking the blame when it fails, but not so happy to share credit when it goes right.

visionary

Reaction score
i want jason and the rest of his coaching staff gone

hire a real HC and let him pick his staff

having said this, the eagles team is red hot right now, if we beat them to get into the playoffs I will give our coaching staff (including garrett) credit for doing so and it will give the team a lot of confidence, so who knows...

visionary

Reaction score
Exactly. Garrett isnt even our coach. Sure they call him that. Jerry stripped him of playcalling duties, hired Callahan, hired Ryan and then Kiffin. Jason Garrett isn't getting it done. Let's not be stupid and act like we have a head coach. We have a guy they call head coach. Not a player on that roster sees him as the head coach the way they need to.

This won't change because Jerry wants to be a coach but doesn't want the public ridicule he would get for naming himself the coach.

if garrett is truly as helpless as you describe, would not a self respecting man with a backbone resign under those circumstances that are 'beyond his control' and are potentially 'tarnishing his reputaton'?

why is he content to be jerry's lap dog or yes man?

either he is not as helpless as you describe or he is lacking all self respect

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
if garrett is truly as helpless as you describe, would not a self respecting man with a backbone resign under those circumstances that are 'beyond his control' and are potentially 'tarnishing his reputaton'?

why is he contect to be jerry's lap dog or yes man?

I'm sure he loves being a millionaire. He won't be getting another HC'ing job. I guess hanging on to the one he has & probably ever will trumps that whole self respect thing.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score

why is he content to be jerry's lap dog or yes man?

This:

I'm sure he loves being a millionaire. He won't be getting another HC'ing job. I guess hanging on to the one he has & probably ever will trumps that whole self respect thing.

He wouldn't be the first person in the world to trade self-respect for money.

Bizwah

Reaction score
No, I'm not torn. I cheer for the Cowboys to win every game, regardless of the circumstances, and especially when they're in the NFC title hunt.

Great post! I simply cannot understand fans that think losing is acceptable in any circumstance.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Firstly, I don't think it matters as I don't see this Cowboys team competing with the team I watched last night.

I'm definitely torn. I never like to root for my team to lose a game.

But, if a loss means change, put me down for the loss, rather than getting an undeserved ticket punched to the playoffs to get our collective faces punched by an actual playoff-caliber team.

I think organizational change is more important than one game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
from wanting us to win today or being eliminated hoping it would be the final straw to fire the coaching staff?

my wife and i both want a real head coach and she is worried that winning today and possibly next sunday will secure garrett for another year.

i tried to explain to her that it did not matter if we win or lose ...no change would be made regardless with our owner.

what's your take?

I don't want to lose but man I do not want Garrett back.

He should be fired for the simple fact this division has come down to week 17. That is a choke job in itself.

Garrett is not a good head coach. We need to at least get to the level of good.

The only thing making this thing go is Romo's ability to buy time.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I never want to lose - bad habit to get into. But, I do understand those who want to do whatever they think is necessary to get a great coach and a team that is trending upward instead of just wobbling along. However, a great coach is going to need some autonomy, which is currently unavailable in Big D. Three 8-8 seasons won't do it (assuming we lose to Philly); Jerry required three 5-11 seasons and the need to fund a new stadium to be willing to give up a bit of power last time.

If there is a change, this time the new coach won't have a Parcells-built team, he'll inherit the current team that is setting records for defensive futility, along with GM Jerry.

It's going to take a full-blown collapse, I'm afraid, to get us a coach who will require Jerry to relinquish some real power.

Until then, the good news is if Jerry gets us a new and improved DL in the off-season, we'll probably be in the playoffs next year, regardless of who is coaching. I think that is the best we can hope for.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

what's your take?

I want to see the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Venger

Reaction score
I am a Dallas Cowboy fan. I want the Dallas Cowboys to win every time they take the field. Coach changes or draft position aside I root for the Cowboys to win every game.

Yes but here lies the logical conundrum - if in order for the Cowboys to win more games, we have to get rid of a bad coach and staff who are losing us games - well there lies the rub.

I am sure that if we had the option to just win Super Bowls with Jerreh and Ginger we'd all say "sure". But sometimes you have to take a step back to take several steps forward. So - since we AREN'T winning enough, one might hope we LOSE enough to make the changes to return to winning ways.

Folks just want to win, and if losing a game today means we have a chance to win all of the marbles next year - well you can see how some might swallow the bitter pill so they can enjoy the cure and return to health.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes but here lies the logical conundrum - if in order for the Cowboys to win more games, we have to get rid of a bad coach and staff who are losing us games - well there lies the rub.

I am sure that if we had the option to just win Super Bowls with Jerreh and Ginger we'd all say "sure". But sometimes you have to take a step back to take several steps forward. So - since we AREN'T winning enough, one might hope we LOSE enough to make the changes to return to winning ways.

Folks just want to win, and if losing a game today means we have a chance to win all of the marbles next year - well you can see how some might swallow the bitter pill so they can enjoy the cure and return to health.

Exactly my thinking. Some short term pain for some long term gain.

At least that is the hope.