How Many QBs Could Have This Team At 11-5 Or Better Right Now?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
In no particular order:

1. Tom Brady
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Russell Wilson
5. Justin Herbet
6. Kyler Murray
7. Joe Burrow
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Josh Allen
10. Matt Stafford
11. Jalen Hurts
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Derek Carr
14. Carson Wentz
15. Tua Tagovailoa
16. Mac Jones

That's just off the top of my head and I might even be missing some QBs.

We watched Cooper Rush, in his first career start, throw for 330 yards, 2 TDs, and lead us to win in a hostile environment with these weapons for crying out loud.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
In no particular order:

1. Tom Brady
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Russell Wilson
5. Justin Herbet
6. Kyler Murray
7. Joe Burrow
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Josh Allen
10. Matt Stafford
11. Jalen Hurts
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Derek Carr
14. Carson Wentz
15. Tua Tagovailoa
16. Mac Jones

We watched Cooper Rush, in his first career start, throw for 330 yards, 2 TDs, and lead us to win in a hostile environment with these weapons for crying out loud.
I would take Wentz off the list. He has a great team around him and the best running game in football. He's still only 9-7.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not sure about 11-5, I think Dak has some value, and really started the year very strong. That said though I think Clint Stoerner could QB this team and end up 500 with the way this defense has performed overall.

Swagger

Reaction score
When you look through the 11 wins, 9 were regulation and even Andy Dalton would have won those with this team. The two good wins came against the Chargers and Patriots. The Chargers couldn't stop the run and Prescott just drove the bus. Prescott played well and made some nice plays to beat the Patriots even though they weren't the team they are now. The Raiders game was more of a team loss whilst I think a lot of quarterbacks would have won the game with this team against the Cardinals. Plus he couldn't even help the offense put up double figures against the Chiefs (Burrow just hung 34 on them).

So yes, on the whole I would agree that the majority of the above 16 quarterbacks would likely have an 11-5 or better record with this team.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
1-4...yes.
5-16...no thanks.

there are not 16 QBs better than Dak.
I'll agree with you that 16 is too high a number, but I would take Herbert, Burrow, etc in a heartbeat right now. Dak seems to be somewhere in that 8-16 range, where he falls is very much up for debate though.

Adreme

Reaction score
In no particular order:

1. Tom Brady
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Russell Wilson
5. Justin Herbet
6. Kyler Murray
7. Joe Burrow
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Josh Allen
10. Matt Stafford
11. Jalen Hurts
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Derek Carr
14. Carson Wentz
15. Tua Tagovailoa
16. Mac Jones

Tua has been dragging down the Dolphins and is probably the reason they miss the playoffs in the first place. If they had a real QB they win that division easily. Mac Jones has been good but to compare him to Dak is kind of laughable when you realize that the Patriots have an actual running game which is why despite Dak having played one less game he has 600 more yards passing and 10 more TD passes. Hurts and Lamar have not played well this year at all (Lamar's backup has outplayed him the past 3 games).

Basically I think you just listed a bunch of QBs whose names you knew without giving any thought to whether or not your premise makes any sense at all.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
In no particular order:

1. Tom Brady
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Russell Wilson
5. Justin Herbet
6. Kyler Murray
7. Joe Burrow
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Josh Allen
10. Matt Stafford
11. Jalen Hurts
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Derek Carr
14. Carson Wentz
15. Tua Tagovailoa
16. Mac Jones

I’d remove Tua and Hurts but add Tanny

cowboyec

Reaction score
same.
hell.
i might as well just post a random Elvis song.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would take Wentz off the list. He has a great team around him and the best running game in football. He's still only 9-7.

Wentz and Dak both have similar confidence issues but at least with Wentz you have elite level physical ability unlike with Dak.

I prefer Wentz because he is a better runner and has a better arm.