How Many QBs Could Have This Team At 11-5 Or Better Right Now?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
In no particular order:

1. Tom Brady
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Russell Wilson
5. Justin Herbet
6. Kyler Murray
7. Joe Burrow
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Josh Allen
10. Matt Stafford
11. Jalen Hurts
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Derek Carr
14. Carson Wentz
15. Tua Tagovailoa
16. Mac Jones

That's just off the top of my head and I might even be missing some QBs.

We watched Cooper Rush, in his first career start, throw for 330 yards, 2 TDs, and lead us to win in a hostile environment with these weapons for crying out loud.
Not sure the point you are trying to make. Are you saying Dak is overpaid?

First of all...I disagree that everyone you listed would have the same record Dak has. Secondly...ALL of the guys that would...have or will be paid like a top 3 QB at some point. That is simply HOW IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

People need to get over the contract. Heckle and Jeckle are the REASON Dak is making 40m this year!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I dunno about that.

Hurts ability to run the ball would be such a dangerous weapon combined with the best WR core in the NFL.

I don’t like Hurts at all. I’d take Dak.

Tua has a weak arm but the guy can read defense and throw with anticipation.

He and Dak play a similar style and he is better at it than Dak because he is better at reading coverage and throwing the ball before the guy is open.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I dunno about that.

Hurts ability to run the ball would be such a dangerous weapon combined with the best WR core in the NFL.

You have to factor in as much running as Hurts does it’s just not sustainable. He will start getting injured more frequently. He’s not nearly as nimble as Russ, Lamar or Kyler. But yeah his running would be a nice weapon to have and would definitely open up Pollard and Zeke.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not sure the point you are trying to make. Are you saying Dak is overpaid?

First of all...I disagree that everyone you listed would have the same record Dak has. Secondly...ALL of the guys that would...have or will be paid like a top 3 QB at some point. That is simply HOW IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

People need to get over the contract. Heckle and Jeckle are the REASON Dak is making 40m this year!
Of course he's overpaid, but he's also overrated.

John813

Reaction score
Tua has been dragging down the Dolphins and is probably the reason they miss the playoffs in the first place. If they had a real QB they win that division easily. Mac Jones has been good but to compare him to Dak is kind of laughable when you realize that the Patriots have an actual running game which is why despite Dak having played one less game he has 600 more yards passing and 10 more TD passes. Hurts and Lamar have not played well this year at all (Lamar's backup has outplayed him the past 3 games).

Basically I think you just listed a bunch of QBs whose names you knew without giving any thought to whether or not your premise makes any sense at all.

Just looking at the Dolphins at the surface, they lost 4 games with Tua playing more than a few series(first Buffalo game broke ribs in 1st) .

They've won 7 out of the 8 victories with Tua playing, for a 7-4 record. Brissett went 1-5.

Now, when watching Tua, he's hasn't shown anything yet to say he was even worth the 5th overall, but his situation clearly sucks. No offensive line, penny a dozen RBs, and outside of Waddle and Gesicki, his weapons are JAGs.

Dak>Tua to date, but Tua hasn't been the issue in Miami. An inept owner, a terrible GM and a HC that rumors say he never wanted Tua, lead to a franchise that has been a tire fire for over a decade.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If you factor in the contract, the Cowboys have the absolute worst QB situation in the entire league.
Disagree, but its a fair statement. I'd rather have an overpaid mediocre qb than be New Orleans, Washington, Miami, etc who will be looking for a qb year after year and have a couple years of development time when they do find the right guy. The fact that your point is at least a reasonable argument is very concerning though.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I would take Tua with his contract over our situation and Hurts is a no brainer. Lets see what he does next year with more weapons thanks to 3 1st rd picks.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In no particular order:

1. Tom Brady
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Russell Wilson
5. Justin Herbet
6. Kyler Murray
7. Joe Burrow
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Josh Allen
10. Matt Stafford
11. Jalen Hurts
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Derek Carr
14. Carson Wentz
15. Tua Tagovailoa
16. Mac Jones

We watched Cooper Rush, in his first career start, throw for 330 yards, 2 TDs, and lead us to win in a hostile environment with these weapons for crying out loud.
About 8-10 of those.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
20 plus QBs without a doubt.
I can't take you serious.

You guys simply do not even understand the PRESSURE of playing QB for Dallas. These guys can't even win in their small towns with very little to no national pressure...let alone pressure from their small town.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Wentz and Dak both have similar confidence issues but at least with Wentz you have elite level physical ability unlike with Dak.

I prefer Wentz because he is a better runner and has a better arm.
Elite physical ability means nothing if you are consistently injured. Wentz is the Anthony Davis of the NFL.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don’t like Hurts at all. I’d take Dak.

Tua has a weak arm but the guy can read defense and throw with anticipation.

He and Dak play a similar style and he is better at it than Dak because he is better at reading coverage and throwing the ball before the guy is open.
Tua is garbage dude. Last season people didn't even think he could be an NFL qb lol.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
In no particular order:

1. Tom Brady
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Russell Wilson
5. Justin Herbet
6. Kyler Murray
7. Joe Burrow
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Josh Allen
10. Matt Stafford
11. Jalen Hurts
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Derek Carr
14. Carson Wentz
15. Tua Tagovailoa
16. Mac Jones

Hurts, Tua, Wince, and Jones would have us at 7-9. Hurts can’t throw, Tua would have gotten hurt, Wince would have had Zeke at running back and would have gotten sick twice, and Mac Jones would not have Belichick as his coach.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tua is garbage dude. Last season people didn't even think he could be an NFL qb lol.

He was a rookie coming off a major injury on a bad team.

He’s won like 7 in a row prior to yesterday. Pay attention. He’s getting better and our guy is getting worse in a much more optimal environment.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hurts, Tua, Wince, and Jones would have us at 7-9. Hurts can’t throw, Tua would have gotten hurt, Wince would have had Zeke at running back and would have gotten sick twice, and Mac Jones would not have Belichick as his coach.
Hurts has the Eagles at 9-7, but would have the Cowboys at 7-9???

Get outta here.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He was a rookie coming off a major injury on a bad team.

He’s won like 7 in a row prior to yesterday. Pay attention. He’s getting better and our guy is getting worse in a much more optimal environment.
He's won? If dak did what Tua did for 7 games it would be the defense winning him games. Amazing when you always manage to show your true colors to the board