How Many QBs Could Have This Team At 11-5 Or Better Right Now?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We're stuck with Dak, so here's my alternative.

We invest nothing into WR's.

We let Cooper, Gallup, Shultz (cause he can't block), and Zeke all go when the contracts are up.

We invest EVERYTHING into defense, O-line, and blocking TE's (receiving TE's aren't going to matter with us) and we become a run heavy, run first team, and force Dak to be Ryan Tannehill whether he likes it or not. If Kellen Moore don't want to fall in line with that then he can go too.

Paying Dak elite money does not make him an elite QB. That's water under the bridge. He's paid and there's nothing we can do about it now.

That's the only chance we have going forward with Dak.
And you think that’s what Jethro and Son will do ? Lol

This offensive juggernaut of stars is generating top revenue and interest. That’s our owners priority.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
4-7 without him.

I'm not seeing that big of a difference between 4-7 and 2-3.
You might want to break down who our opponents were. It matters.

Just like this year we haven’t beat a winning record team since week 4.

Cowboys are built to beat average to below average teams. It keeps us “interesting and relative “ which in our idiot owners words are his priority. That generates hope, hype and record revenue.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
who?

the question is what are the alterntives. right? without him. OK, I have said it before, show me any one player that would make this team better and its bah bye Dak...but everyoen keeps defering. they just want to complain about Dak missing passes, etc. .....

fact is based on this contract, we have to stick with him one more year. no way we can cut him now or this off season...too much of a cap hit. and people will talk about trading for wilson, blah blah....it can't fit under the cap and even if its somehow done, then the team is depleted of its talent and we know results of Wilson and a depleted team.
Our alternatives are relying on our dysfunctional ownership to get it right finding or drafting another QB.

Most likely based on some of our draft picks and speculative picks at QB this era we probably would have been more of 4 -6 win team. Similar to what we are when Romo and Dak were hurt.

We are very fortunate this dysfunctional ownership stumbled on to both of these QB. It’s on them to try and build around them while providing a stable and cohesive culture .

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
How Many QBs Could Have This Team At 11-5 Or Better Right Now? none only spasdak could win with the number one 1 offense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Our alternatives are relying on our dysfunctional ownership to get it right finding or drafting another QB.

Most likely based on some of our draft picks and speculative picks at QB this era we probably would have been more of 4 -6 win team. Similar to what we are when Romo and Dak were hurt.

We are very fortunate this dysfunctional ownership stumbled on to both of these QB. It’s on them to try and build around them while providing a stable and cohesive culture .
in essence, this is and was as good as it gets. that's sad.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our dysfunctional ownership is thrilled with the product we have as it continues generating record revenue.

The fact we even had or have SB hype discussions is all they could hope for as it presents interest and relativity to their otherwise dysfunctional organization which they refuse to take their personal stranglehold off of .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
4-7 without him.

I'm not seeing that big of a difference between 4-7 and 2-3.
well context be damned. fact is we played 3 Playoff teams in the first 5 games and lost close games.

we got absolutely demolished without a chance what so ever when we played average and playoff teams...we barely beat injury riddled teams missing their starting QBs..

but like I said context be damned.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
who's dumber? the owner that fans hate, or the fans who complain about him but continue to root and pull for the team? you decide.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
in essence, this is and was as good as it gets. that's sad.
Probably so. That’s what I believe to be our reality with our dysfunctional ownership strangle holding Cowboys Football.

Jethro and Son have lowered the bar here. The only way to change it is hurting their back pocket. It’s the same ole story . Nothing has changed .

The good news is it could be much worse. At least we still get 16 or 17 meaningful games a year, most years. If not for getting lucky with our last 2 franchise QB I think we’d be a bottom tier franchise instead of average. And still probably no changes in upper Mgmt.

Last edited:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Wilson
Murray
Stafford
Allen
Burrow

Could probably all have this team at a similar record.

It’s too early to say Jones could, and I don’t really think Cousins or Wentz could. Wentz has an incredible run game to lean on.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
who's dumber? the owner that fans hate, or the fans who complain about him but continue to root and pull for the team? you decide.

This doesn’t even make any sense. You can dislike the owner and still be a fan of the team.

Are you saying you’re rooting against the Cowboys? Or that you like Jerry as an owner?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Probably so. That’s what I believe to be our reality with our dysfunctional ownership strangle holding Cowboys Football.

Jethro and Son have lowered the bar here. The only way to change it is hurting their back pocket. It’s the same ole story . Nothing has changed .

The good news is it could be much worse. At least we still get 16 or 17 meaningful games a year, most years. If not for getting lucky with our last 2 franchise QB I think we’d be a bottom tier franchise instead of average. And still probably no changes in upper Mgmt.
exactly....but Jerry is a master marketere.....he can sell ice to eskimo's in north pole. and he sells hope year in year out and we all fall for it like suckers..... he always makes decisions based on bottom line, not bottom football.....

as much as I want to point fingers and get angry at Dak, Zeke, etc.....they are what they are as best they could be....its all Jerry.

Havic

Reaction score
1. Tom Brady
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers
6. Kyler Murray
7. Joe Burrow
9. Josh Allen

This list imo.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
exactly....but Jerry is a master marketere.....he can sell ice to eskimo's in north pole. and he sells hope year in year out and we all fall for it like suckers..... he always makes decisions based on bottom line, not bottom football.....

as much as I want to point fingers and get angry at Dak, Zeke, etc.....they are what they are as best they could be....its all Jerry.
My hope resides in that we had enough talent to overcome . But even when it appears we might the culture brings us down .

It’s really difficult when our priorities from above are out of whack.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
i dont give a damn if 31 QBs won.
there aren't 16 QBs better than Dak.
but if you wanna play pretend...go ahead.
You ate the cheese, how did it taste?

Dak has been figured out, it's now up to him to prove he can adjust to the defensive scheme that is confusing him. Time will tell the story of Dak Prescott, a Cowboys QB.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
In no particular order:

1. Tom Brady
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Russell Wilson
5. Justin Herbet
6. Kyler Murray
7. Joe Burrow
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Josh Allen
10. Matt Stafford
11. Jalen Hurts
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Derek Carr
14. Carson Wentz
15. Tua Tagovailoa
16. Mac Jones

That's just off the top of my head and I might even be missing some QBs.

We watched Cooper Rush, in his first career start, throw for 330 yards, 2 TDs, and lead us to win in a hostile environment with these weapons for crying out loud.

been saying this for YEARS . DAK SUCKS !@@

zeke21

Reaction score
Some of us have known for years that it was this team propping up Dak and not the other way around. I agree with the OP list.. except maybe Tua.. but that is still 15 guys that could be doing what Dak is doing either the same level or better.. and without the league leading 40M price tag.

The real hurt starts to kick in when we lose Gallup and Cooper et al because we can't afford to keep them all paid.

Dak is holding this team back no matter which way you slice it.

btcutter

Reaction score
In no particular order:

1. Tom Brady
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Russell Wilson
5. Justin Herbet
6. Kyler Murray
7. Joe Burrow
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Josh Allen
10. Matt Stafford
11. Jalen Hurts
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Derek Carr
14. Carson Wentz
15. Tua Tagovailoa
16. Mac Jones

That's just off the top of my head and I might even be missing some QBs.

We watched Cooper Rush, in his first career start, throw for 330 yards, 2 TDs, and lead us to win in a hostile environment with these weapons for crying out loud.

You must have forgotten Tony Romo.