How many super-bowls does Tony Romo win with the 2016-2024 Cowboys?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Romo haters.
I try not to use that word. But romo provided this team with many opportunities...and to just blanket him eith the term choker...there is no other explanation.
They are so upset that Dak is the real choker that they want to label Romo that.
Sure Romo has had his share of mistakes but better to make a mistake trying than to hold onto the ball because your afraid to make a mistake. You know it's over with Dak the minute he gets that deer in the headlights look. When he loses he loses badly. I don't blame the defense for quitting on him. Those defense players know Dak is choking and are fed up with him.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
That would put Tony Romo retiring at 44. How many superbowls does he win in that eight year span?

We had some really good teams in those eight years but our bus driver of a qb hasn’t capitalized!!
Exactly the same number he did win - Zero. After 2014, Romo’s body broke down. He wouldn’t have been able to consistently play.

starfan1

Reaction score
Jerry Dumbo GM Jones is still the owner, GM, and Defacto HC that gave his All rookie, Pro Bowl QB on a rookie contract the following:

Defense was gutted 2016-2020 including bad defensive drafts and defensive coaches, defense today still cannot stop the run, played without a no.1 WR, no.1 TE, played without a no.1 RB in most of 2017 andn 2018, played without a no.1 RB all of 2023, and his All Pro C was gone after the 2019.

Nobody but Roger Staubach pulled off a Super Bowl appearance with a rebuilding team in 1975. But, Staubach had Tex, Gil, Landry, and defense.
Roger is my all time favorite cowboy but he also had the benefit of no salary cap era much like aikman. if Im starting a team and choosing a starting dallas cowboy QB im starting with Roger 10 times out of 10 no moment to big for him. I feel like its much harder in this era to build a kind of team necessary to win it all. especially if your GM is skelator and his faithful sidekick little enos

phildadon86

Reaction score
That would put Tony Romo retiring at 44. How many superbowls does he win in that eight year span?

We had some really good teams in those eight years but our bus driver of a qb hasn’t capitalized!!
I am going to say 2.

The first time we played the Niners and the O didnt show up. And the second time we played the niners and the O didnt show up. You put Romo in those situations with the defense allowing under 20 points each time. They win both of those games.

One thing about Romo regardless of his INT problems. Later in his career he was surgical. There is no way they put up less than 20. Ever.

Also this is all contingent on his back being ok which I dont think it would have been.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am going to say 2.

The first time we played the Niners and the O didnt show up. And the second time we played the niners and the O didnt show up. You put Romo in those situations with the defense allowing under 20 points each time. They win both of those games.

One thing about Romo regardless of his INT problems. Later in his career he was surgical. There is no way they put up less than 20. Ever.

Also this is all contingent on his back being ok which I dont think it would have been.
I give credit to dak for playing well enough for romo to fully heal.

Romos problen was he played hurt. Broken collar bone? No problem. Busted ribs? Flak jacket.

Playing hurt gets you....more hurt.

But jerry played the most valuable sports franchise on the planet like a blackjack table. "Dont mess with a streak" he said.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Choked! You talking about the Giants game where Crayton dropped a sure go ahead TD. Or the GB game where the Dez non catch was really a catch. Romo competed on the big stage. Dak is trash in the playoffs. Dallas would be better off bringing in another teams backup QB to play once Dallas makes the playoffs.
so its crayton's fault for dropping a pass. but Lamb dropping a pass against GB is Dak's fault.

see how you making excuses for Romo?

and everyone keeps pointing to that pass as if it was gauranteed TD which it wasn't. and it wasn't the turning point of the game. its a hopeful thinking for romo supporters thinking that would have won the game. we scored 17 points in that game. the regular season dallas was #2 in points, #3 total offense. they scored 12 points less than their regular season average. the defense was at its average. in that game Romo had 50% completion percentage. threw an interception in critical point of the game. had a rating of 64.....nothing stellar in anyway.

the team choked. the offense led by Romo choked. its the history of Cowboys over the past 30 years.

Redline360

Reaction score
so its crayton's fault for dropping a pass. but Lamb dropping a pass against GB is Dak's fault.

and everyone keeps pointing to that pass as if it was gauranteed TD which it wasn't. and it wasn't the turning point of the game. its a hopeful thinking for romo supporters thinking that would have won the game. we scored 17 points in that game. the regular season dallas was #2 in points, #3 total offense. they scored 12 points less than their regular season average. the defense was at its average. in that game Romo had 50% completion percentage. threw an interception in critical point of the game. had a rating of 64.....nothing stellar in anyway.

the team choked. the offense led by Romo choked. its the history of Cowboys over the past 30 years.
Comparing Craytons error of pulling up short and Lambs drop is not even in the same realm of being similar. Crayton also dropped argurably another 50+ yard TD. He single handily cost the cowboys 10-14pts. A pass was also dropped in the redzone at one point but that's a mute point. We should have breezed to an easy 2+ score win. Also the giants defense was elite that year and never gave up more then 20 points the entire post season.

T.O was hurt and was usless so we basically had Barber and Winton do most of the leg work. Difference is Dak had two healthy perennial 1k recievers and a good/great T.E to throw too.

Not sure how the team choked or Romo this game.

If you can't tell the difference between the two situations/ game you're beyond help of understanding football

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
Probably not any but I like his chances best of going further than we did with the '16 squad. And then "maybe" better than we did in the 2 close 49er playoff losses.

Flamma

Reaction score

None. I loved Tony Romo. But the front office didn't support him anymore than the Lions supported Matt Stafford. They were just both on the wrong team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Romo didnt throw 2 ints for 14 easy 1st half points. THAT....is choking.

Dont let your hate get in the way of reason.

stinkface

Reaction score
The bigger Questions is what would we have won during that same time period with Tom Brady. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Injuries do not occur on a schedule in football. An injury can occur at any time during any game. Impact trauma injuries manifest regardless whether starters or fourth string players lay the hit.

Tony Romo suffered injuries. Romo had bouts of back pain that caused him to miss practices and games. His back injuries are more often highlighted whenever his 'fragile' narrative is re-told. Additionally, it has been often expressly or implied Romo was 'one hit away' from permanent injury. It has been the main reasoning stated within hypothetical conversations of Romo returning and replacing Prescott during the 2016 season.

I will re-post a question seeking a logical explanation. It is a question I have posed several times during the past eight years without a logical response but first a brief summary:

• Romo had a bad back
  • Romo missed multiple games during his career due to his bad back
  • Romo's bad back was judged so physiologically detrimental that it is presumed as fact he should have never played another down ever again to ensure his quality of life after football
  • Putting superstition aside for the moment, no football injury has happened at a predetermined time in the entire history of the sport on the planet
Question.

Why did Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett allow Romo to play a series against the Philadelphia Eagles if they judged his back could never take another hit on the field?

starfan1

Reaction score

he did stuff like this though so lets not act like Romo didnt have his moments. But dont let your Romo love blind you to the things hes done. theres more out there as well. They are literally the same QB but yet there's a faction of you that have made a living excusing one of them.

starfan1

Reaction score
Injuries do not occur on a schedule in football. An injury can occur at any time during any game. Impact trauma injuries manifest regardless whether starters or fourth string players lay the hit.

Tony Romo suffered injuries. Romo had bouts of back pain that caused him to miss practices and games. His back injuries are more often highlighted whenever his 'fragile' narrative is re-told. Additionally, it has been often expressly or implied Romo was 'one hit away' from permanent injury. It has been the main reasoning stated within hypothetical conversations of Romo returning and replacing Prescott during the 2016 season.

I will re-post a question seeking a logical explanation. It is a question I have posed several times during the past eight years without a logical response but first a brief summary:

• Romo had a bad back
  • Romo missed multiple games during his career due to his bad back
  • Romo's bad back was judged so physiologically detrimental that it is presumed as fact he should have never played another down ever again to ensure his quality of life after football
  • Putting superstition aside for the moment, no football injury has happened at a predetermined time in the entire history of the sport on the planet
Question.

Why did Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett allow Romo to play a series against the Philadelphia Eagles if they judged his back could never take another hit on the field?
good questions and my only assumption is that Jerry was trying to showcase that Romo was good in case someone made an offer? I dont know why he played in the preseason TBH. The only other answer I have is that Jerry and garrett were idiots

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
good questions and my only assumption is that Jerry was trying to showcase that Romo was good in case someone made an offer? I dont know why he played in the preseason TBH. The only other answer I have is that Jerry and garrett were idiots
Bold> I have zero problem with that assumption if it is true. Similarly, it would make sense if Romo convince one or both of them to let him play for that reason.

However, it runs logically counter to the I-Know-One-More-Hit-And-He's-A-Quadriplegic argument that has still not run its course in eight years. An explanation cannot be 'One reason why we are not playing Romo is so that he will not suffer a life-changing or life-threatening injury' if you actually allow him to play a single down in any football situation.

Starting quarterbacks, wearing red shirts over their jersey, have been hit and/or hurt in practice AFTER coaches have warned everyone, "Don't. Hit. The. Quarterback." So (not directed at you) the 'We do not want Candice left forever tending to her bed-ridden husband' holds zero water.

Jones and Garrett had access and input from medical professionals concerning the medical fitness of Romo to play. They had access and input from Romo himself whether he thought it was wise for him to play. Both men kept Romo at backup instead of elevating or acquiring another quarterback to replace Romo.

The logical reason why Jones and Garrett did not allow Romo to play the entire season was solely and 100% because they completely backed Dak Prescott as the starter. Dak/Romo conversations should revolve completely around that logic. Discussion should never detour into the 'No one wants to see Romo taken off the field on life support if they started him' Twilight Zone nonsense.

Some people should cease the 'They-Did-What's-Best-For-Romo' rhetoric and instead stick with what is extremely likely to be the actual truth. Garrett and Jones made the decision a rookie quarterback gave the offense the best chance of competing for Super Bowl LI. Period.

And yes. Both Jones and Garrett were and still are idiots, lol.

/rant

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

he did stuff like this though so lets not act like Romo didnt have his moments. But dont let your Romo love blind you to the things hes done. theres more out there as well. They are literally the same QB but yet there's a faction of you that have made a living excusing one of them.

Nobody is pretending anything. Certainly not me. I never said he was perfect. Not sure what the problem is.

I also said and stand by they are most certainly not the same qb. I also said not better or worse....just different. Might be in this thread.

Not sure what the deal is here. So i liked romo and you dont. No biggie.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Comparing Craytons error of pulling up short and Lambs drop is not even in the same realm of being similar. Crayton also dropped argurably another 50+ yard TD. He single handily cost the cowboys 10-14pts. A pass was also dropped in the redzone at one point but that's a mute point. We should have breezed to an easy 2+ score win. Also the giants defense was elite that year and never gave up more then 20 points the entire post season.

T.O was hurt and was usless so we basically had Barber and Winton do most of the leg work. Difference is Dak had two healthy perennial 1k recievers and a good/great T.E to throw too.

Not sure how the team choked or Romo this game.

If you can't tell the difference between the two situations/ game you're beyond help of understanding football
all I hear is a spin. lets excuse Romo, but Blame Dak. I am not defending either. I am saying both underachieved and both had opportunities. and btw, its a projection on your part that he would have had a 50+ yard TD, but I get the spin.

Giants defense was not elite. they were top 10 in yards, but 17th in scoring against. 23rd in TOs, 3rd in total penalties...

so no. not elite...but I am sure there is a spin coming.

I think you are beyond help, as you have made every excuse for Romo, blaming everybody, elevating Giants to elite, etc. except romo....so there we have it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

didn't say Dak didn't play bad. that wasn't the defense. that Romo didn't get the job done. now you want to evaluate who did less bad than the other.

its not hate. its reality. Romo 2-4 in the playoffs. bottom line.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I'll never forget that 2016 season finale against the Eagles. Romo looked like he was taking a walk in the park as he marched the offense down for a TD. But I do realize now that Romo was done. It's just the sad trajectory of most NFL players. They spend most of their career working hard and expend an incredible amount of mental and physical energy learning the game and getting their play right. And those fortunate few who stick around long enough to where the mental part of the game is easy, they can't physically keep up anymore.