How many times have you fallen in and out of love with Romo?

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Numerous times but just once this season. Fell out of love with him after the skins game and made a thread about his foibles. Fell back in love with him in London (that city is very romantic) but didn't make a thread then. Hate is just way more motivating than love.

ISUFan22

Reaction score
None, always knew he wasn't the problem. Now, I may have said a few things at the TV a time or two :lmao2:

This. Way too many fans put everything on one position on the field. Look what has happened to Romo and the team this year when there is a good offense of line and successful running game. Everything, including the defense, looks much better with those intact.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
None, always knew he wasn't the problem. Now, I may have said a few things at the TV a time or two :lmao2:

This. LOL The problem has been managements reluctance to get the trenches right, a coach who wanted to ride Romo with little help and some "Stars" that were more problems than solutions. Look what happens when those things get fixed.

perrykemp

Reaction score
2012 when Romo led the league in interceptions and just barely broke the 90 barrier for QB rating (90.5).

It was my belief at the time that Romo has started his slow-decline that a lot of QB hit in their early to mid 30s.

In hindsight they asked him to do too much. Romo isn't the guy you want throwing the ball 40+ times a game -- he averaged 40.5 attempts that season. Frankly, you really don't wany ANY QB throwing it that much a game.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Ive supported romo from 06-13. It's not that I don't "love" him anymore, but the writing is on the wall, we need a replacement soon.

The pats are a team that is always looking to the future. they have been quietly looking for bradys replacement for like 3 years. I like how they are doing it draft, sit, learn, and repeat.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Never. If there's one player I'll ever take credit for its him. Knew he would be great after his first few games and my opinions never waivered. With how much I've has to defend him up here in the northeast I'll cry tears of joy when he does get his ring

yesfan

Reaction score
At no time. I always felt Tony never had the team around him for him to succeed. He is a very talented QB that was mired in mediocrity. I believe this year he has finally been given an Oline and a running game to allow him the time to take this team to another level. Can you imagine how successful the "Elite" QBs would be with what Romo has had around him these past years.

triplets92

Reaction score
Not once have I ever fell out of love with him. He has always been one of the only bright spots on the team.

triplets92

Reaction score
i can't believe everybody on this site who is saying never.

98% of this site hated Romo after the Wk 17 Skins game in 2012.

I know, right? I can't count how many "trade Romo" threads I've seen on this board.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I've been highly upset with his decision making and bone headed plays at times, but then I think about Bledsoe, Weeden, and all of the 1st Rd QBs that have been drafted over the past 8 years (with the exception of Luck) and am grateful we have him

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Hard to say. Many times I wasn't so frustrated with him as I was with the coaching and the unwillingness to reign him in.

I really didn't like him saying in 2008 that 'turnovers are what comes with a big play QB' and the constant 'in 10 years nobody will remember me.' It was the kind of stuff that we see today from guys like Jay Cutler. Terrible body language and that permeates throughout the entire team as your QB is the leader.

I didn't like the idea of Romo emulating Brady's pocket mechanics. 2 different QB's. But, how much can you point that to bad coaching? Or maybe Romo is the one that got into the 'I need to hang as far back in the pocket as possible like Brady does' idea.

I didn't like the impulsive decisions, but more didn't like him audibling out of pass plays and over-audibling and then the O-Line always getting the blame.

Now we've finally realized that less is more with Romo. He's far more effective on passes 25-35 than he has at passes 36-50. He's far more effective when audibling less (the one time I remember him over-audibling in recent weeks was against the Colts on a play where the Colts defender should have had an easy interception). And we are seeing his footwork get back to his old 2006 and 2007 level as I think his footwork regressed quite a bit from 2010-2013...probably due to him throwing from the shotgun so much.

Oddly enough, I think Romo's back injuries may have helped him and the offense. I think we got the idea of being leery of throwing the ball too often because it only increases Romo's chances for injury. And we started to see how good this offense is when we stick to the run. And part of the less audibling is probably due to our willingness to run against 8 in the box.

But again, how much of that is on Romo or the coaching? My guess is it is probably 50/50.

I never felt he was the main problem. But, I can't accept that the QB of team that went 25-30 in his last 55 starts before this season didn't need to get better and improve upon things.

YR